You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#267627 - 11/07/14 02:49 PM [User Showcase] You and Me
Loc: North Bend, Oregon 97459
horsthartung Offline
Apprentice

This is a song I wrote for a friend who recently died. A medium told me I was invited by him to write a song for his wife Sharon...It was a very emotional song for me to write...

here's the link... https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung/you-and-mewma

Windows 10 - RealBand 2020:Build(3); Xtra Styles PAKs 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8; 64 bit Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz; 4 TB HD; 550 GB SSD PCIe Drive, 16GB Memory. Behringer UFX1604 Digital Mixer.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung

#267638 - 11/08/14 03:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: You and Me [Re: horsthartung]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Horst. welcome to the PG Showcase Forum. Nice to have you here.

This is really good song. The lyric is nicely written and you've chosen very complimentary backing tracks. The mixing is excellent and your voice is a real nice fit for this tune. A sad but enjoyable listen.

If you know them, it is always appreciated if you list which BIAB tracks you used. If you don't have them for some reason, just let us know.

Again, nicely done. I think your friend would have appreciated and enjoyed this. Best to you and condolences to your friend's family.

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#267738 - 11/09/14 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: You and Me [Re: horsthartung]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Horst,

welcome to the forum.
A really good song. Nice lyrics and backing tracks. I like your voice and especially the harmonies. Sounds as if there are female voices in the background.
My regards to your friend's family.

Guenter

#267740 - 11/09/14 10:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: You and Me [Re: horsthartung]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Very nice first post. Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss. My condolences to his family.

Hoping to hear more from you in the near future.

Charlie

#267747 - 11/09/14 11:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: You and Me [Re: horsthartung]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautifully done! This is very touching and wonderfully delivered. I was just going to say that you reflect the influence of the great 60s and 70s when "Two of Us" started playing. Obviously, you appreciate quality in your music, and in your song, you've created it. I heard some CSN in the vocal harmonies. Welcome, and please stick around. Take care. Greg

#267757 - 11/09/14 12:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: You and Me [Re: horsthartung]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

How did you use BIAB/RB in this production? This showcase is for users of PG software only. Otherwise we'd be inundated with folks wanting their songs heard. If you own and use PG Music products - welcome. If not, you should check out BIAB which is a wonderful songwriting tool.

Posting guidelines are at the top of the Users Showcase Forum.

Josie

#267787 - 11/09/14 03:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: You and Me [Re: horsthartung]
horsthartung Offline
Apprentice

Thank you for listening to this song.....I used Real Band for all of the tracks....I was going to play my Gibson J-160E for the Rhythm track but the sound trach that RB provided was just as good so I left it. Then I added a cello and Fiddle for Real Tracks to finish it. My Wife Sharon provided the harmonies....we enjoy singing and playing music together....and yes I have a lot more songs to upload....just getting started....

I've been using BINAB, Readband, Power Tracts Pro since they came out and were only midi based....I love where the program has developed into and become and look forward to a lot more improvements...

Thanks again everyone

Horst

Windows 10 - RealBand 2020:Build(3); Xtra Styles PAKs 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8; 64 bit Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz; 4 TB HD; 550 GB SSD PCIe Drive, 16GB Memory. Behringer UFX1604 Digital Mixer.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung

#267806 - 11/09/14 07:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: You and Me [Re: horsthartung]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Horst,

this is the third of your submissions that I've listened to.. and one of the things that impresses me is that your vocals sound completely different in all three songs. I personally think that's one indicator of skill.. but there is also the argument that a singer should find a vocal niche all his own and use it relentlessly in order to create a unique style.

But, which ever way you may think about that, one thing is sure: you've got talent, and these are very nice songs you've uploaded today! I look fortward to hearing more from you

(BTW, performers who play cover songs tend to be great imitators, and the fact that you are a vocal chameleon is part of the reason I suspect you have spent some time on stage playing live)

#267860 - 11/10/14 07:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: You and Me [Re: horsthartung]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

nice work. And a touching tribute to a friend. I find songs about this sort of topic to be really hard to write. It took me somewhere around 5 years to get a song together about a friend of mine who passed away from cancer. Ode to Wolf in the case you are interested in hearing it.

Nice selection of tracks. Yeah, the folks here like to know what tracks you use so they can experiment with them if they like the sound you get. I tend to vary on how I list the tracks.... sometimes I use the RB track number, sometimes the name of the track and on occasion, when I want to be cryptic, just the name of the player..... such as Brent Mason rhythm guitar....

Welcome to the PG family here in the online forums.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Polish for Windows is Here!

Efektem naszej ciężkiej pracy w ostatnim czasie jest m.in. dodanie 80 nowych funkcji i wspaniałej kolekcji nowych dodatków i zawartości, które obejmują 202 RealTracks, nowe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Studia Instrumentalne, Wykonania Artystów, dodatkowe RealDrums "Pojedyncze ", transkrypcje RealDrums, pakiet MultiStyles PAK 1, Pakiet Xtra Styles PAK 10 i wiele innych!

Nowych | Pakiety

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Dutch for Windows is Here!

We zijn bezig geweest en hebben 80 nieuwe functies toegevoegd en een verbazingwekkende collectie van nieuwe inhoud, inclusief 202 RealTracks, nieuwe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumentale Studies, Artiest Uitvoeringen, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums transcripties, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Stijlen PAK 10 en meer!

Nieuwe Functies | Pakketten

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Danish for Windows is Here!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet 80 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl.a. 202 RealTracks, nye RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transsriptioner, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 og meget mere!

Hvan er Nyt | Pakker

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 update for Windows enhances the JukeBox, adds a "Set all tracks to this:" option to the MIDI import dialog, improves chord sheet view during playback, and more!

Learn more & download this free update.

Read the patch announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Swedish for Windows is Here!

Vi har varit flitiga och lagt till över 80 nya funktioner och en fantastisk samling av nytt innehåll, innefattande 202 RealTracks, nya RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, med mera!

Paket | Vad är nytt

Forum Stats
34266 Members
67 Forums
69150 Topics
593881 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Stiobard, mikeswell23, slotz, Rhume123, GoGirlGuitar

34265 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 199