Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#268813 - 11/17/14 03:50 PM [User Showcase] PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video)
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Hi Everyone.

It's been a while since I posted a song, so here's a bit of light-hearted nonsense and our first post with a video. The drums, banjo and sax are RTs and the rest is me. It's all recorded in RealBand and mixed and mastered in PowerTracks.
Video editing is done in Serif Movie Plus.

PLAY GUITAR - GET RICH

Sometimes it kind of seems
Like I'm living my life in some sort of dream
I gotta wake up
I'm knocking on the door but there's no one there
I'd like to kick it right in but I'm never gonna dare
I gotta shape up
Won't some one hear my plea
I'm down on the ground on my bended knee
I need some dough and I need it fast
I've got a little bit of money but it's never gonna last.

I'll buy a guitar and then learn to play
I've seen this book called "Play in a Day"
It won't take long
Got this idea about starting a band
Gonna play Rock & Roll, do one night stands
And write a hit song
Write a big hit, how hard can it be
Play it all day on the MTV
Pay me lots of money and make me a star
Buy a big house and drive a fast car
And buy a saxophone

You've gotta have a plan you've got to work it out
You don't get a second chance it's what it's all about
You gotta take it
Never even start to look at second best
Just pick up number one, forget about the rest
You've got to make it
Everybody knows it's just a dream
It's never gonna work it's a stupid scheme
I don't care what people say
Pick up my guitar and begin to play
Something like this.

Many thanks to anyone who has time to listen.

ROG.

#268821 - 11/17/14 05:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Wonderful song, nice production and I really enjoyed the video.

Charlie

#268823 - 11/17/14 05:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

ROG that's great - video and song - buy a saxophone...LOL!

Loved every minute of it and am still grinning.

Josie

#268827 - 11/17/14 06:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

there have been some really top notch songs posted to the user showcase in the past few weeks, but for sheer "WHOAH! THAT WAS FUN!" impact, I don't think any of them came close to this!!

I loved every aspect of it... I even laughed out loud when the sax player started lying on his back... exactly what you'd expect from the imaginary person singing the song.

Right from the beginning it reminded me of Tom Petty's "INTO THE GREAT WIDE OPEN"

How did you make that video??? That was AWESOME!! I liked it so much I want to make that exact same video and apply to a different song!

And apart from the clever video, the song itself really ROCKED! I tapped my foot from start to finish! (but the video really did add a lot)

Final summary, this project reinforced what I already suspected: "Rog.. you ain't right!" LOL! (just the way we like ya!)
You are a very creative and intelligent man,and it shows in everything you do. Thanks for posting!

Signed,

"A Rebel Without A Clue"

#268830 - 11/17/14 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Cool, fun song!! A little Dylan/Petty mixture with a "money for nothin' and chicks for free" sentiment. And, the video put it over the top!! Loved the guitar solo too!! I miss the days of the guitar heroes. Only John Mayer plays solos these days. Great stuff Rog!! Take care. Greg

#268835 - 11/17/14 10:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
ROG

hahaha
Music is up the same high standard but you upped the bar with the video, that must have taken time as I have tried to do similar, but different, and gave up!!

good stuff

Alyn

My story

#268843 - 11/18/14 02:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi ROG
That is simply awesome! Do you have to practice that Bob Dylan voice? What a great idea for the video. I love it love it!

#268861 - 11/18/14 08:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Rog,
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool, fun song!! A little Dylan/Petty mixture with a "money for nothin' and chicks for free" sentiment. And, the video put it over the top!! Loved the guitar solo too!

Greg just found the right words.
+1 from me.

Guenter

#268870 - 11/18/14 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

breaking news! This song is featured on the PGMusic facebook page!

CHECK IT OUT!!

#268872 - 11/18/14 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Howdy Rog,

Pat said it all from our perspective. We are HUGE Petty fans and, man, this one is in that wheelhouse. We're not implying imitation at all....just the Petty Vibe, if you will.

The productions sounds nailed on our monitors. Everything sits where, IMO, it needs to me. Just a great listen from all angles -- production, arrangement, instrumentation, RT use, vocals and lyric. BTW, some folks' results may vary but we really liked the banjo.

Kudos!!

J&B

#268874 - 11/18/14 11:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: USA
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: USA
Rog,

That was wonderful, and of course very creative.

Still on the floor with the line "buy a saxophone" to introduce the sax solo.

As our friend Russ would say . . . good on you man!

Later

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#268890 - 11/18/14 12:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: North Bend, Oregon 97459
horsthartung Offline
Apprentice

Loc: North Bend, Oregon 97459
Hi Rog...

Very catchy Tune and full of fun....is the Dylan voice ow you always sing or just for this song?

Loved it....

Windows 10 - RealBand 2020:Build(3); Xtra Styles PAKs 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8; 64 bit Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz; 4 TB HD; 550 GB SSD PCIe Drive, 16GB Memory. Behringer UFX1604 Digital Mixer.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung

#268892 - 11/18/14 01:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

"Buy a big house and drive a fast car
And buy a saxophone..."

Priceless. grin

#268903 - 11/18/14 02:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

ROG,

You know I've always been a big fan of your singing voice...Great to hear it again! This one goes straight to the top of the list.

How did you do the opening cymbal? Nice touch!

Great mix. Everything sounds good - and right in the slot. Nice bass!
Those far-off ooohs are nicely done. The sax solo is about the best I've heard in a rock song (What RT was that???). Terrific guitar solo. It sings!

Good use of the banjo.

Good write (yes, the saxophone line made me laugh every time I played this). Cool video.

Awesome. Delightful. A standing O.

floyd

#268908 - 11/18/14 03:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Hi Rog

Excellent song and video. Excellent singing and playing. Really enjoyed it

#268937 - 11/19/14 05:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Yeah..... what they said ^^^^^

Cool song and video too.

It has a Dire Straits Money for nothing vibe to me.... in places.... in the phrasing of the lead on the intro especially

sweet tone on the guitar.

I have a buddy who played guitar in a band we were in back in the day.... he came home one day with a sax.... he stuck with it, through all the hours upon hours of practice and can play that thing pretty nicely now.

Loved the rolling banjo in the background of a rock and roll song. cool move.

Edited by Guitarhacker (11/19/14 05:11 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#268940 - 11/19/14 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

ROG, I am all in on this one. Fantabulous!!! The write, the video , the vocals are all top notch. Excellent choice and editing of real tracks. Mix is just right. Lead guitar is great. I have nothing but good things to say about this one. Your very best to date. Bravo! Tom

#269050 - 11/20/14 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: ROG]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi ROG,

laugh laugh LOL!

Wonderful music and vocals and a very nice video too.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#269114 - 11/20/14 03:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Wonderful song, nice production and I really enjoyed the video.
Charlie

Thanks for the listen, Charlie. Glad you enjoyed it

ROG.

#269115 - 11/20/14 03:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH (with video) [Re: Sundance]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
ROG that's great - video and song - buy a saxophone...LOL!

Loved every minute of it and am still grinning.

Josie

Hi Josie. If it made you smile then it makes my day. Many thanks for the kind words.

ROG.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32624 Members
68 Forums
65561 Topics
555919 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
supervanille, Kinney Jeff, Pacus, Tocopixel, pjn

32623 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 149