Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#269863 - 11/23/14 08:53 AM [User Showcase] RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob)
Sundance Offline
Veteran

This is a lyric video for one of our songs from our 2011 Twilight Folk CD. It's about growing up falling in love with the music we heard on the radio and has what I call a Bob Dylan sings with the Mamas and Papas vibe. All RT's, mixed in Garageband and professionally mastered. It's one of our favs, hope you enjoy it too.

Josie

Edited by Sundance (11/23/14 08:53 AM)

#269894 - 11/23/14 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Online   content
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Josie,

Very nice song and very nice video!
We especially like the 45 with your names on it.
One nit though... contrary to your vocals, which are very good, Bob's voice isn't always 100 % in tune.
Maybe a Gsnap or Autotune could work?

Regards,
Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#269922 - 11/23/14 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

We know. It's not supposed to be perfect. Neither were Sunny and Cher or Johnny and June or Bob Dylan or Dusty Springfield or too many others to list here.

It's all about character and vibe. Just as it was when we grew up listening before perfection was the new vogue. Right now in the current trend of indie singer/songwriter stuff authentic (pitchy) is preferred over perfection as long as the vibe is there.

The correction choice depends on the sound and style your going after. smile

Really appreciate you guys listening and commenting.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

Josie

#269939 - 11/23/14 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Josie/Bob...

That is my favorite of you guys together. A real good rockin' number.
The tracks sound great. Good driving drums (you know how I like that)!

Awesome background vocals!!! I really like when Bob gets his rock-voice going towards the end.

Loved the video. A walk through the past...

I really enjoyed that. Super catchy.

floyd

#269998 - 11/23/14 07:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great song!! Great video! Captures a lot of the emotion I feel about the era, and exemplifies my belief that music will never be that good again in our lives. That's why I love this forum-it's made up of a group of people who know what great music is, and are still doing a lot of it themselves. This is killer! I just posted a comment on another of Robert's songs, and these BGs are spot on and accent his style. Loved it!! Josie, you look too young to be from "our era". Are you guys acquainted in person or is it a "digital" musical relationship? I like what I've heard from this collaboration a lot! Take care. Greg

#270014 - 11/23/14 07:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Best one yet! Great job, excellent on the background vocals. I'm really enjoying how a lot of forum posts are showcasing back to music that was such an influence on our generation. Quality stuff.

Charlie

#270031 - 11/23/14 11:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
BRILLIANT,

those were the days, with the beautifully recreated memories in that song.
The video was excellent. WHO did that!!!

Let's add "Josie and Bob" to the list of duos eh!!!

Thanks for the memories in a wonderful song, and video.

Alyn

#270045 - 11/24/14 02:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Floyd,

Thanks - we really appreciate that!

Bob

#270046 - 11/24/14 02:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Greg Johnson]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Greg,

Thanks very much. Josie and I met about 4 years ago on this forum - we have a "digital" musical relationship. I still find it amazing what is possible today...

Bob

#270047 - 11/24/14 02:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Charlie,

Thanks for the very kind words.

Bob

#270048 - 11/24/14 02:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: gibson]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Alyn,

We are so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks very much. Josie and I put the video together in 2011.

Bob

Edited by rsdean (11/24/14 02:23 AM)

#270068 - 11/24/14 04:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
well THAT was fun!

Interesting to me that in the last song of yours, I preferred the main vocal without a harmony... but in this song, the background vocals are absolutely spot-on for the song's mood and message! So I guess I'm one of those listeners who doesn't quite know what he likes...

The video was very cleverly put together... I liked the spinning 45 with your names on it too... nice touch!

heh.. as the video progressed through the series of album covers, I found myself thinking "Now I know what Josie was listening to in those days..." but for all I know , they were Bob's choices. Doesn't matter though, because it's all applicable to the song. What can I say? That was a slick project! Kudos to both of you!

#270076 - 11/24/14 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Bob, and Josie, Cool video and a great sounding song. Did you send it out to be mastered? They did an excellent job. I believe this is my favorite of your many collabs. Great stuff! Tom

#270082 - 11/24/14 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Chester, U. K
royg1707 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chester, U. K
Good Country feel, backing vocals fit nice as well, yes enjoyed it.Thanks.

#270108 - 11/24/14 07:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
C O O L ! !

The quintessential musical trip down that period's musical lane.

Great production!!

J&B
J&B Website

#270205 - 11/24/14 04:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: gibson]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

I'm in with Alyn on this one. Wow, what memories on that video. Rick Nelson, in my view the most under-rated performer of those years, got some well-deserved exposure. Garden Party is my favorite of his.

Yeah, so Bob's intonation is a little crusty at times - gives it character, like a well worn pair of jeans. In fact, I have a feeling that something like Melodyne would do something bizarre and wrong to Bob's voice.

Josie, those pitch perfect harmonies had to be done by you. So on the money. Now here's a little trivia question for you guys and all the Forum: Who was the first singer to use pitch correction? I'm fairly sure I know the answer.

Dean

#270221 - 11/24/14 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This was absolutely fantastic! Everything about this was top shelf!
Loved the video!

The only sad part about this song is that I have most all of the records shown and I knew everyone in the pictures. Plus I had a transistor radio very similar to that one. But that is this old man's problem not yours!

This is your best to date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#270222 - 11/24/14 05:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Josie & Bob !:))

I love this to every extent !
...and those nice harmonies !!!
Takes me back to good ol´radio
days !!:))

Those backing vocals.....WOW, WOW !!!:))

Cheers
Dani

#270254 - 11/24/14 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Pat Marr]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
well THAT was fun!

Interesting to me that in the last song of yours, I preferred the main vocal without a harmony... but in this song, the background vocals are absolutely spot-on for the song's mood and message! So I guess I'm one of those listeners who doesn't quite know what he likes...

The video was very cleverly put together... I liked the spinning 45 with your names on it too... nice touch!

heh.. as the video progressed through the series of album covers, I found myself thinking "Now I know what Josie was listening to in those days..." but for all I know , they were Bob's choices. Doesn't matter though, because it's all applicable to the song. What can I say? That was a slick project! Kudos to both of you!

Thank you Pat.

The covers were picked by both of us.

Josie

#270259 - 11/24/14 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: tommyad]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Bob, and Josie, Cool video and a great sounding song. Did you send it out to be mastered? They did an excellent job. I believe this is my favorite of your many collabs. Great stuff! Tom

Thank you Tommy.

Yes, since we were doing a physical CD in addition to the usual downloads we thought a real mastering engineer should do it.

We appreciate that very much.

Josie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

RealBand 2019 is Here!

We've added over 30 new features to RealBand 2019, including Notation Window enhancements, Tracks Window enhancements, StylePicker enhancements - and more! Learn all about this new version here.

Snag your copy of RealBand 2019 with your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase - upgrades on SALE until December 31st - save up to 40%! View all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase options here.

Forum Stats
28397 Members
58 Forums
55123 Topics
458965 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
RexBagonia, DTman, leggy, Michaeljones, prian

28397 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 322
Pipeline 315