Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#269863 - 11/23/14 08:53 AM [User Showcase] RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob)
Sundance Offline
Veteran

This is a lyric video for one of our songs from our 2011 Twilight Folk CD. It's about growing up falling in love with the music we heard on the radio and has what I call a Bob Dylan sings with the Mamas and Papas vibe. All RT's, mixed in Garageband and professionally mastered. It's one of our favs, hope you enjoy it too.

Josie

Edited by Sundance (11/23/14 08:53 AM)

#269894 - 11/23/14 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Josie,

Very nice song and very nice video!
We especially like the 45 with your names on it.
One nit though... contrary to your vocals, which are very good, Bob's voice isn't always 100 % in tune.
Maybe a Gsnap or Autotune could work?

Regards,
Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#269922 - 11/23/14 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

We know. It's not supposed to be perfect. Neither were Sunny and Cher or Johnny and June or Bob Dylan or Dusty Springfield or too many others to list here.

It's all about character and vibe. Just as it was when we grew up listening before perfection was the new vogue. Right now in the current trend of indie singer/songwriter stuff authentic (pitchy) is preferred over perfection as long as the vibe is there.

The correction choice depends on the sound and style your going after. smile

Really appreciate you guys listening and commenting.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

Josie

#269939 - 11/23/14 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Josie/Bob...

That is my favorite of you guys together. A real good rockin' number.
The tracks sound great. Good driving drums (you know how I like that)!

Awesome background vocals!!! I really like when Bob gets his rock-voice going towards the end.

Loved the video. A walk through the past...

I really enjoyed that. Super catchy.

floyd

#269998 - 11/23/14 07:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great song!! Great video! Captures a lot of the emotion I feel about the era, and exemplifies my belief that music will never be that good again in our lives. That's why I love this forum-it's made up of a group of people who know what great music is, and are still doing a lot of it themselves. This is killer! I just posted a comment on another of Robert's songs, and these BGs are spot on and accent his style. Loved it!! Josie, you look too young to be from "our era". Are you guys acquainted in person or is it a "digital" musical relationship? I like what I've heard from this collaboration a lot! Take care. Greg

#270014 - 11/23/14 07:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Best one yet! Great job, excellent on the background vocals. I'm really enjoying how a lot of forum posts are showcasing back to music that was such an influence on our generation. Quality stuff.

Charlie

#270031 - 11/23/14 11:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
BRILLIANT,

those were the days, with the beautifully recreated memories in that song.
The video was excellent. WHO did that!!!

Let's add "Josie and Bob" to the list of duos eh!!!

Thanks for the memories in a wonderful song, and video.

Alyn

My story

#270045 - 11/24/14 02:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Floyd,

Thanks - we really appreciate that!

Bob

#270046 - 11/24/14 02:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Greg Johnson]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Greg,

Thanks very much. Josie and I met about 4 years ago on this forum - we have a "digital" musical relationship. I still find it amazing what is possible today...

Bob

#270047 - 11/24/14 02:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Charlie,

Thanks for the very kind words.

Bob

#270048 - 11/24/14 02:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: gibson]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Alyn,

We are so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks very much. Josie and I put the video together in 2011.

Bob

Edited by rsdean (11/24/14 02:23 AM)

#270068 - 11/24/14 04:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
well THAT was fun!

Interesting to me that in the last song of yours, I preferred the main vocal without a harmony... but in this song, the background vocals are absolutely spot-on for the song's mood and message! So I guess I'm one of those listeners who doesn't quite know what he likes...

The video was very cleverly put together... I liked the spinning 45 with your names on it too... nice touch!

heh.. as the video progressed through the series of album covers, I found myself thinking "Now I know what Josie was listening to in those days..." but for all I know , they were Bob's choices. Doesn't matter though, because it's all applicable to the song. What can I say? That was a slick project! Kudos to both of you!

#270076 - 11/24/14 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Bob, and Josie, Cool video and a great sounding song. Did you send it out to be mastered? They did an excellent job. I believe this is my favorite of your many collabs. Great stuff! Tom

#270082 - 11/24/14 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Chester, U. K
royg1707 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chester, U. K
Good Country feel, backing vocals fit nice as well, yes enjoyed it.Thanks.

#270108 - 11/24/14 07:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
C O O L ! !

The quintessential musical trip down that period's musical lane.

Great production!!

J&B

#270205 - 11/24/14 04:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: gibson]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

I'm in with Alyn on this one. Wow, what memories on that video. Rick Nelson, in my view the most under-rated performer of those years, got some well-deserved exposure. Garden Party is my favorite of his.

Yeah, so Bob's intonation is a little crusty at times - gives it character, like a well worn pair of jeans. In fact, I have a feeling that something like Melodyne would do something bizarre and wrong to Bob's voice.

Josie, those pitch perfect harmonies had to be done by you. So on the money. Now here's a little trivia question for you guys and all the Forum: Who was the first singer to use pitch correction? I'm fairly sure I know the answer.

Dean

#270221 - 11/24/14 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This was absolutely fantastic! Everything about this was top shelf!
Loved the video!

The only sad part about this song is that I have most all of the records shown and I knew everyone in the pictures. Plus I had a transistor radio very similar to that one. But that is this old man's problem not yours!

This is your best to date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#270222 - 11/24/14 05:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Josie & Bob !:))

I love this to every extent !
...and those nice harmonies !!!
Takes me back to good ol´radio
days !!:))

Those backing vocals.....WOW, WOW !!!:))

Cheers
Dani

#270254 - 11/24/14 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Pat Marr]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
well THAT was fun!

Interesting to me that in the last song of yours, I preferred the main vocal without a harmony... but in this song, the background vocals are absolutely spot-on for the song's mood and message! So I guess I'm one of those listeners who doesn't quite know what he likes...

The video was very cleverly put together... I liked the spinning 45 with your names on it too... nice touch!

heh.. as the video progressed through the series of album covers, I found myself thinking "Now I know what Josie was listening to in those days..." but for all I know , they were Bob's choices. Doesn't matter though, because it's all applicable to the song. What can I say? That was a slick project! Kudos to both of you!

Thank you Pat.

The covers were picked by both of us.

Josie

#270259 - 11/24/14 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: tommyad]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Bob, and Josie, Cool video and a great sounding song. Did you send it out to be mastered? They did an excellent job. I believe this is my favorite of your many collabs. Great stuff! Tom

Thank you Tommy.

Yes, since we were doing a physical CD in addition to the usual downloads we thought a real mastering engineer should do it.

We appreciate that very much.

Josie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32620 Members
68 Forums
65555 Topics
555847 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
pjn, Cmajornine, Daniel Weiss, Clete820, jofluzu

32619 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 157