Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#269863 - 11/23/14 08:53 AM [User Showcase] RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob)
Sundance Offline
Veteran

This is a lyric video for one of our songs from our 2011 Twilight Folk CD. It's about growing up falling in love with the music we heard on the radio and has what I call a Bob Dylan sings with the Mamas and Papas vibe. All RT's, mixed in Garageband and professionally mastered. It's one of our favs, hope you enjoy it too.

Josie

Edited by Sundance (11/23/14 08:53 AM)

#269894 - 11/23/14 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Josie,

Very nice song and very nice video!
We especially like the 45 with your names on it.
One nit though... contrary to your vocals, which are very good, Bob's voice isn't always 100 % in tune.
Maybe a Gsnap or Autotune could work?

Regards,
Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#269922 - 11/23/14 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

We know. It's not supposed to be perfect. Neither were Sunny and Cher or Johnny and June or Bob Dylan or Dusty Springfield or too many others to list here.

It's all about character and vibe. Just as it was when we grew up listening before perfection was the new vogue. Right now in the current trend of indie singer/songwriter stuff authentic (pitchy) is preferred over perfection as long as the vibe is there.

The correction choice depends on the sound and style your going after. smile

Really appreciate you guys listening and commenting.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

Josie

#269939 - 11/23/14 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Josie/Bob...

That is my favorite of you guys together. A real good rockin' number.
The tracks sound great. Good driving drums (you know how I like that)!

Awesome background vocals!!! I really like when Bob gets his rock-voice going towards the end.

Loved the video. A walk through the past...

I really enjoyed that. Super catchy.

floyd

#269998 - 11/23/14 07:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great song!! Great video! Captures a lot of the emotion I feel about the era, and exemplifies my belief that music will never be that good again in our lives. That's why I love this forum-it's made up of a group of people who know what great music is, and are still doing a lot of it themselves. This is killer! I just posted a comment on another of Robert's songs, and these BGs are spot on and accent his style. Loved it!! Josie, you look too young to be from "our era". Are you guys acquainted in person or is it a "digital" musical relationship? I like what I've heard from this collaboration a lot! Take care. Greg

#270014 - 11/23/14 07:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Best one yet! Great job, excellent on the background vocals. I'm really enjoying how a lot of forum posts are showcasing back to music that was such an influence on our generation. Quality stuff.

Charlie

#270031 - 11/23/14 11:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: wales
Happy Birthday gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
BRILLIANT,

those were the days, with the beautifully recreated memories in that song.
The video was excellent. WHO did that!!!

Let's add "Josie and Bob" to the list of duos eh!!!

Thanks for the memories in a wonderful song, and video.

Alyn

#270045 - 11/24/14 02:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Floyd,

Thanks - we really appreciate that!

Bob

#270046 - 11/24/14 02:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Greg Johnson]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Greg,

Thanks very much. Josie and I met about 4 years ago on this forum - we have a "digital" musical relationship. I still find it amazing what is possible today...

Bob

#270047 - 11/24/14 02:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Charlie,

Thanks for the very kind words.

Bob

#270048 - 11/24/14 02:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: gibson]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Alyn,

We are so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks very much. Josie and I put the video together in 2011.

Bob

Edited by rsdean (11/24/14 02:23 AM)

#270068 - 11/24/14 04:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
well THAT was fun!

Interesting to me that in the last song of yours, I preferred the main vocal without a harmony... but in this song, the background vocals are absolutely spot-on for the song's mood and message! So I guess I'm one of those listeners who doesn't quite know what he likes...

The video was very cleverly put together... I liked the spinning 45 with your names on it too... nice touch!

heh.. as the video progressed through the series of album covers, I found myself thinking "Now I know what Josie was listening to in those days..." but for all I know , they were Bob's choices. Doesn't matter though, because it's all applicable to the song. What can I say? That was a slick project! Kudos to both of you!

#270076 - 11/24/14 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Bob, and Josie, Cool video and a great sounding song. Did you send it out to be mastered? They did an excellent job. I believe this is my favorite of your many collabs. Great stuff! Tom

#270082 - 11/24/14 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Chester, U. K
royg1707 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chester, U. K
Good Country feel, backing vocals fit nice as well, yes enjoyed it.Thanks.

#270108 - 11/24/14 07:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
C O O L ! !

The quintessential musical trip down that period's musical lane.

Great production!!

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#270205 - 11/24/14 04:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: gibson]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

I'm in with Alyn on this one. Wow, what memories on that video. Rick Nelson, in my view the most under-rated performer of those years, got some well-deserved exposure. Garden Party is my favorite of his.

Yeah, so Bob's intonation is a little crusty at times - gives it character, like a well worn pair of jeans. In fact, I have a feeling that something like Melodyne would do something bizarre and wrong to Bob's voice.

Josie, those pitch perfect harmonies had to be done by you. So on the money. Now here's a little trivia question for you guys and all the Forum: Who was the first singer to use pitch correction? I'm fairly sure I know the answer.

Dean

#270221 - 11/24/14 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This was absolutely fantastic! Everything about this was top shelf!
Loved the video!

The only sad part about this song is that I have most all of the records shown and I knew everyone in the pictures. Plus I had a transistor radio very similar to that one. But that is this old man's problem not yours!

This is your best to date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#270222 - 11/24/14 05:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Josie & Bob !:))

I love this to every extent !
...and those nice harmonies !!!
Takes me back to good ol´radio
days !!:))

Those backing vocals.....WOW, WOW !!!:))

Cheers
Dani

#270254 - 11/24/14 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: Pat Marr]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
well THAT was fun!

Interesting to me that in the last song of yours, I preferred the main vocal without a harmony... but in this song, the background vocals are absolutely spot-on for the song's mood and message! So I guess I'm one of those listeners who doesn't quite know what he likes...

The video was very cleverly put together... I liked the spinning 45 with your names on it too... nice touch!

heh.. as the video progressed through the series of album covers, I found myself thinking "Now I know what Josie was listening to in those days..." but for all I know , they were Bob's choices. Doesn't matter though, because it's all applicable to the song. What can I say? That was a slick project! Kudos to both of you!

Thank you Pat.

The covers were picked by both of us.

Josie

#270259 - 11/24/14 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: RADIO DAYS (Josie and Bob) [Re: tommyad]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Bob, and Josie, Cool video and a great sounding song. Did you send it out to be mastered? They did an excellent job. I believe this is my favorite of your many collabs. Great stuff! Tom

Thank you Tommy.

Yes, since we were doing a physical CD in addition to the usual downloads we thought a real mastering engineer should do it.

We appreciate that very much.

Josie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29908 Members
61 Forums
59332 Topics
500633 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
derfeinehein, Giulio, EricWin, Ray Raffa, Jtb71

29908 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 183
Janice & Bud 144