Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#271012 - 11/28/14 07:01 AM [User Showcase] From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar)
Sundance Offline
Veteran

This is my version of Charlie's song with Pat on lead guitar and cello. It's more of a pop rock version so the vocal is heard but not as out front as some other genres. The mandolin and piano alternate in focus (volume)to add a bit of movement to the track. I tried to make it my own going for an ethereal feel with a slow dance make out vibe while staying true to the soul of Charlie's song. Special thanks to Pat for the guitar and cello.

From You To Me

I'll update RT's in a bit. smile

Hope you like it.

Josie

Edited by Sundance (11/28/14 07:01 AM)

#271052 - 11/28/14 09:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Josie, Charlie and Pat, This is a great collaboration. Josie, the mix sounds great and the vocals are fabulous. Charlie the write is very good and holds up under this style change. Pat, nice understated guitar and cello. Perfectly executed and very tasteful. The vibe is dreamy and ethereal and just right for the song. Great arrangement. Josie you are on a roll! Your last few have been stellar. Tom

#271058 - 11/28/14 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
LOVE IT!! Everything works perfectly. I'm not sure I've heard the song before. Swirling BGs are hypnotic. Mandolin and cello work beautifully and the drums/solo guitar feel as if they were played just for this song. To me, I hear a lot of '66/'67 Beatles vibe. Very surreal. Amazing work all the way around!! Take care. Greg

#271059 - 11/28/14 09:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Josie,

What a beautiful song! It surely has an ethereal feel.
The guitar and cello are very good, your vocals are beautiful!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#271067 - 11/28/14 09:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

it hasn't been too long since Charlie posted this song. Here is the link to CHARLIE'S ORIGINAL POST

At the time, something about this song really appealed to me, and I couldn't stop listening to it. Who knows what it is about some songs that call out to us? I knew the mandolin created a mood that I liked... and for a good ol' boy in South Carolina to have written the song, I was awe struck by just how tender the words were. His arrangement was kind of sparse, which reinforced in my mind the image of a regular guy speaking out emotions that perhaps aren't a man's first estate.. so he picked up the nearest instrument and justified the heartfelt sonnet to chords... strummed very simply... with little embellishment.

Even Charlie's presentation was touching, because he never said the song was finished... he presented it as a work in process, and practically apologized for posting it!! What a humble, down to earth and genuine man!

Somewhere along the line, Josie and Charlie must have connected and talked about a remix of the song, because that's what Josie's post represents: her spin on Charlie's love song.

By the time I was asked to contribute, Josie had already added her sweet vocal track and harmonies... so I turned off the light in my studio, put the player on loop and listened over and over to get a feel for the mood of the song before even attempting to strike a note. What I heard in the dark seemed dream-like, given the sentiment of Charlie's lyrics mixed with Josie's absolutely beautiful voice. I really like what My two friends have done with this, and I hope that my contribution hasn't taken anything away from the simplicity of the song. I know Josie worked hard to preserve that quality.

When I look back on all the crap I sent Josie, then listen to what she did with it, I have to remark that her ear for what should stay and what should go is much better than mine. From my perspective, Everything she kept (and how she placed it in the mix) added to the dream-like aspect of the song.

Josie... I think your voice is breath-takingly beautiful in this song! So beautiful that I feel compelled to thank Charlie for handing the project over to you for completion. As we say here in NC: "ya done good, girl!" (Charlie, you done good too!)

And the interesting thing, if you listen to both versions, is that Josie had the sensibility to honor the original song by not making substantial changes to it... She just made what was there REALLY sweet!

I hope y'all like this song as much as I do.

#271087 - 11/28/14 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: tommyad]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Pat, nice understated guitar and cello. Perfectly executed and very tasteful. Tom

I'm smiling as I read what you've written here Tommy... because if you heard the whole OVERstated mess I sent Josie, you'd conclude I was a starving guitar player who expected to be paid by the note. It is to Josie's credit (and hers alone) that the song retained most of the airy and uncluttered quality she inherited from Charlie.

So, in spite of my best efforts to undermine the project with my ill-considered contributions, the unassailable quality of Charlie and Josie's teamwork won out in the end.

wink

#271088 - 11/28/14 11:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Tommy,

I appreciate that very much.

I love the RT's but having a real person play to get those extra touches was a real treat. Both Pat and Charlie were great to work with.

Thank you,

Josie

#271091 - 11/28/14 11:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Greg,

Thank you. I wanted to do Charlie's beautiful song proud. I'm so glad you liked it.

Josie

#271093 - 11/28/14 11:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Iowa
JPeden73 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Iowa
I also really liked the mood on this one. Great vocals and playing as well. Nice way to enjoy the long weekend)) Thanks for posting.

-Jeff

#271146 - 11/28/14 02:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

So...wait.. Pat plays cello???? Who knew that? Geez! Nice!

Cool collaboration, guys! A beautiful sound. Such a flow...
Sweet vocals for a sweet song.

Tasty guitar.

A great listen.

floyd

#271157 - 11/28/14 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Pat Marr]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Josie, Pat and Charlie !:))

I love both instrumentation,
playing and vocals and those
nice chords naturally ......!!!

This is a very nice tune
so beautifully performed !!!:))

Gracias por todo !!:))

Cheers
Dani

#271158 - 11/28/14 03:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Maryland
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Josie, Pat, Charlie,
What a great collab. Great song and a beautiful arrangement. Just superb.
SD

#271170 - 11/28/14 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Josie / Charlie / Pat,

This is great - love everything about it. Great vibe and feel all around.

Bob

#271174 - 11/28/14 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Everything that I wanted to say already has been said.

Josie your vocal is super on this one and Pat you guitar fantastic. Who know that you played the cello?

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#271185 - 11/28/14 07:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: RnAM]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Josie,

What a beautiful song! It surely has an ethereal feel.
The guitar and cello are very good, your vocals are beautiful!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thank you Rob and Anne-Marie.

Josie

#271186 - 11/28/14 08:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: JPeden73]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Pat,

It was my pleasure working with you.

Josie

#271187 - 11/28/14 08:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: JPeden73]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JPeden73
I also really liked the mood on this one. Great vocals and playing as well. Nice way to enjoy the long weekend)) Thanks for posting.

-Jeff

Jeff, thank you very much.

Josie

#271188 - 11/28/14 08:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: floyd jane]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Tasty guitar.

A great listen.

floyd

Floyd,

Pat played the cello on guitar with his guitar synth - I'm not an electric guitar player so I don't know about these things....blush

Thank you very much.

Josie

#271189 - 11/28/14 08:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: dani48]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Josie, Pat and Charlie !:))

I love both instrumentation,
playing and vocals and those
nice chords naturally ......!!!

This is a very nice tune
so beautifully performed !!!:))

Gracias por todo !!:))

Cheers
Dani

Dani,

Thank you, yeah I love those romantic chords.

Josie

#271190 - 11/28/14 08:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: From You To Me (Josie with Pat on Guitar) [Re: floyd jane]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

I wish!! the cello part was added via a guitar synth (Roland Gr-55)

Quote:

Tasty guitar.

A great listen.

floyd

Floyd, I really appreciate hearing such kind words from you. I agree that Josie and Charlie did a great job... but I'm not entirely comfortable being on the receiving end of forum comments, so I'm gonna step out of the way here. Josie and Charlie are both much more invested in this project than I am. I was so busy with other stuff that I cranked out a very quick & dirty mess, which Josie did a wonderful job of sanitizing. Thanks to you and everyone else who took the time to listen and offer comments (especially such kind ones!) This is an awesome forum full of people who are talented and gracious... and I appreciate every one of you!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

Simon did it again - another test in Windows 11! See how well the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin works with Windows® 11 in his latest video: The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34982 Members
66 Forums
71189 Topics
617312 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
a4ndrew3lls, jbrydon, FOLIVSCREW, Filiipe Violin, dicdanger

34982 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 343