Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Expert
Expert
S
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

. . so yes, there is a VST problem as far as that goes but only
2.375% of users (in the latest poll I did of all the users on the planet and this forum) care about that because Biab has literally thousands of midi drum parts already and then there's the Real Stereo Drums. Who needs a third party program to generate a drum part? same with multitrack drums, who needs them, you can't mix them, have you ever tried recording multiple miked drums ? Just look at these fools who try to sell them DrumDrops the nerve of them how dare they !

Bob

Thanks Bob Love ya man. You are so inspiring and supportive of new ides and suggestions, not to mention all those great ideas you have suggested.

Veteran
Veteran
What?? What are you talking about?

I said most don't care, that's an opinion, so what?

The point I was making is except for that one VST tempo sync issue, Biab doesn't have a problem with most VSTi's and since Biab itself is a great drum track creation program 'most' don't care about using a 3rd party drum synth to create drum parts within Biab. Have you seen people clamoring about that in the Biab forum? I've seen that point mentioned once or twice in the last few years, that's it. I think me saying "most" is a fair statement.

Now, Real Band was a different story before all the Biab features were added. I was the guy who every year was asking for them to fix that problem and Peter said they were looking into it and then nothing. It's obvious it can't be fixed at least in RB. I still think it would be great to use Jamstix, EZD and the others in RB but Biab? Not so much but that's just me. Opinion.

I was simply using that as an example to point out to people that Biab doesn't have some systemic built in VST problem except for that one thing.

Back to the original point of this thread, since Peter confirmed that JBridge does access whatever memory you have installed the 64 bit issue is over. Peter who as the developer of Biab certainly knows more about it than any of us ever will validated what I said to the 64 bit guys over a year ago and that is the only real reason to do it is because people think they need it. There is absolutely zero technical reason for having 64 bit now that is is integrated with the new JBridge unless of course it turns out it doesn't work as well as Peter says.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Veteran
Veteran
When the discussions first started about wanting a 64 bit version of BIAB, I was a proponent and supported that request. However, when I saw that jbride took care of the 64 bit VSTs/VSTIs with version 2015, my mindset now is: take your time, PG. ALL is WELL now.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Veteran
Veteran
So has anyone tried ST3 (which is only 64bit) with BIAB 2015 and jbridge?? The sound files are huge and without the available RAM afforded with 64bit would likely be a problem. So anyone...?

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
yes.

I have ST3, JBrdige and BIAB 2015 (and it all works just fine) but not sure what you mean by

"...without the available RAM afforded with 64bit would likely be a problem"

Anyone owning and trying to use 64 bit VSTi softsynth plugins (virtual "ROMP'lers" if you like) already know they are are memory pigs (or will learn it soon enough) so they better have the

"available RAM" you mention.

However, I think what you meant/implied was that since BIAB is still limited to less than 4 GB (~3.5GB) workspace due to its being a 32 bit app then a users favorite "composite band" of instruments totaling more than 4 GB wouldn't work?

Peter says they will since BIAB uses Jbridge directly the limit is YOUR VSTi your physical memory - NOT BIABs being 32 bit (see his reply a page back)

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=273194&page=4

While I have tried (quick checked) BIAB + JBridge + ST3 on my PC I have not torture tested it's limits.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
D
D
I am getting rather tired of buying a new "upgrade" every 6 months. Here is a thought, how about I buy an upgrade and PG music makes it good for the next couple years. BIAB is the only software I own that upgrades more than Windows...

Veteran
Veteran
Droot, welcome to the forum.

BIAB has had only one upgrade (paid) per year for the last two years. Updates come as needed when bugs are fixed (and those updates are free).

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Droot
I am getting rather tired of buying a new "upgrade" every 6 months. Here is a thought, how about I buy an upgrade and PG music makes it good for the next couple years. BIAB is the only software I own that upgrades more than Windows...

Droot, welcome to the forum. I see you've been a member for a number of years but have waited some time to make your first post. So I'm guessing you have strong feelings about upgrades.

2013, 2014 & 2015 were annual upgrades. There hasn't been a .5 upgrade since 2012.5

While the programs are improved each cycle, some years the upgrade will be more about program enhancements such as the UserTracks and the (GUI) interface enhancement for 2014 while other times may focus more on content such as RealTracks and UserTracks.

If you compare PG Music products to soft synth companies (as they are about the only other music related companies providing content and programs) they relaease new product year round.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
So has anyone tried ST3 (which is only 64bit) with BIAB 2015 and jbridge?? The sound files are huge and without the available RAM afforded with 64bit would likely be a problem. So anyone...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MbiDGAUkic&feature=youtu.be

Link to video from the post pinned to the top of the BiaB Forum ..

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Rharv, Very Cool. Gonna have to give that a go.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: MJames
I read that also. Both is an option.
There are legitimate advantages to 64 bit. And every major audio software company out there has realized this. Also, since BIAB runs 100% in memory, 64 bit will speed up everything. Especially VST. Here's a quote from Microsofts site. "The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system."

Originally Posted By: Jazzmandan

I have J bridge 1.65c, officially the latest on 12-12-2014, ALREADY bought it, and Sampletank 3 installed. Does not work with BIAB ....

- speed is what we need, as BIAB with all the styles i have collected over the years loads quite slow on my system, 64bit win 7, and takes about 15 to 20 seconds, but maybe that's "normal". I also like to have more programs and plugs loaded in RAM together, and especially Cubase can be a memory monster already. - F

Last edited by fiddler2007; 12/12/14 12:19 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MbiDGAUkic&feature=youtu.be
Link to video from the post pinned to the top of the BiaB Forum ..

Originally Posted By: fiddler2007

I have J bridge 1.65c, officially the latest on 12-12-2014, ALREADY bought it, and Sampletank 3 installed. Does not work with BIAB ....
- F

So who we gonna believe? crazy

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Fiddler,

It's good to see you again smile

PG Music have said a few times that you have to get JBridge version 1.7b for BIAB. I had a look on the JBridge site and it's there.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
So who we gonna believe?

Peter. He's already answered all these questions and apparently some in this thread are not paying attention.

C'mon somebody can't even see 1.6 vs 1.7 when it's written right there??

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>>> I have J bridge 1.65c, officially the latest on 12-12-2014, ALREADY bought it, and Sampletank 3 installed. Does not work with BIAB ....

You need jbridge 1.73b or higher. So if you have an older jbridge, you need to update it. Of course the jbridge that you can get with Band-in-a-Box is the new one, and you don't need to update jbridge, as it works great with BB 2015.

********* THE INFO BELOW ONLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAD AN OLDER JBRIDGE, NOT THE PEOPLE WHO GOT IT WITH BAND-IN-A-BOX ****

You can update your existing jbridge here: http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/betaupdates/
Note the list of fixed issues for the jbridge update:

- Several minor crash / bug fixes.
– experimental audioMasterSetTime implementation.
– experimental speed improvements in some IPC structures.
**** – fixed an issue where bridging files would not be loaded when using Band In A Box. ****

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Not been around for a while but must add some input as I believe I was amongst the first to request x64 bit versions.

Thanks for your input Peter. May I hold you to your comment.

"Bottom line, the day will come when we'll make a 64 bit version, it’s getting closer, but the main reason for it is that's what the customers want (and the future is 64 bit) as opposed to some technical reason that will make things faster. The transition from 16 bit to 32 bit was a totally different story - huge advantages."

I'm happy to wait a bit.

Just don't let me die of old age first please.

Mal :-)

Mal
Veteran
Veteran
Now that Peter says BIAB works with 64 bit VSTis with jbridge, is there any other reason for BIAB to become a 64 bit app? Ray

Last edited by raymb1; 12/12/14 11:17 AM.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Journeyman
Journeyman
raymb1 ...... May I offer another question sir.

Why does any company compile 64 bit versions of their software?

Mal
Veteran
Veteran
Mal. Please. We're specifically talking about Biab, nothing else.

To throw it back to you: What other reason is there for Biab to be 64 bit?

Name the reason and let Peter answer it since he's monitoring this thread.

Bob

Journeyman
Journeyman
The answer has been given quite a few times Bob already.

There is an increasing proportion of users that want to be able to use BB as their sole piece of creative outflow. The main reason has to be the utilization of memory on Windows Ultimate. Ok, I have used jBridge for ages and it works, but this is a 'stop gap' only.

With an increase in the availability of 64-bit processors and larger capacities of RAM, Microsoft and Apple both have begun to develop and release upgraded versions of their operating systems that are designed to take full advantage of the new technology. In the case of Microsoft Windows, the basic versions of the operating systems put software limitations on the amount of RAM that can be used by applications, but even in the ultimate and professional version of the operating system, 4 GB is the maximum usable memory the 32-bit version can handle. While a 64-bit operating system can increase the capabilities of a processor drastically, the real jump in power comes from software designed with this architecture in mind.

Mal
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195