Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#275933 12/21/14 07:34 PM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The idea for this song came to me as during a recent tidy up I found some photos of a holiday in LaZenia Spain. I called it Lasagne cos that what it looked like in the day; a plate of store bought lasagne, flat and orange...yuk. Building sites and a big expanse of nothing. It was a few years ago tho'
But at night the view of the sea was stunning.

But not a good title... Then I saw a picture of Half moon Bay and the song was a goer!!
Greg (Johnson) mentioned it in his reply posts to his song Sausalito and he mentioned about possibly writing a song about this bay. BUT I got there first!! laugh

I also wanted to post before Dani went on his Xmas break to Spain but missed that deadline due to stuff in my life as on Friday I saw my 16 year old cat have a massive stroke, according to the vet, with the eventual unspoken result. frown Anyway RIP Skit.

Half Moon Bay

I stayed up half the night in the pouring rain
see I had you on my mind
thinking about the days we spent
down at half moon bay

Aah the memories
the feel of sea salt spray in our faces as we sit in the sand holding hands watching the sun go down
those kind of things you never ever want to forget

I loved you in the morning
you loved me all through the night
that's why I wanna get back
get back to half moon bay
la la lala la la

SOLO

Aah the memories
the feel of sea salt spray in our faces
as we sit in the sand holding hands
watching the sun go down
those kind of things you never ever want to forget

I loved you in the morning
you loved me all through the night
that's why I wanna get back
get back to half moon bay
la la lala la la

Soloist is saved with the song : Pop 16th. Piano (146)
Style is !BYRDSOL.STY (Byrd Solo - Nylon Guitar Bossa)

RealTracks in song: ~713:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 085 (B:energetic)
RealTracks in song: ~~1103:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm BossaGrooveComp Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1903:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Bolero Ev 090
RealTracks in song: ~~2051:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 692:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealDrums in Song: BossaBrushesPerc^1-a:Congas, No Kit , b:Congas, Shaker, Triangle, No Kit

Gmedia MTron Mellotron aahs and FM7 filter sweep
me on heritage les paul strummin'

Solo is a tenor sax soundfont plus effects and is an adapted version of the BIAB generated solo,

enjoy

Alyn

gibson #275936 12/21/14 08:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Alyn,

I really, really enjoyed listening to this song. The choice of RTs is fantastic. And midi sax is awesome. When it started playing, I had to go back and check that it wasn't a Realtrack.

Yet another creation to be proud of.

I'm very sorry to hear about Skit.

Best wishes,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
gibson #275953 12/22/14 01:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

I liked that song quite a bit, for a variety of reasons!

First of all, it sounded very "Beatle-esque" to me. Naturally, to anyone my age, that's a very good thing!

Next, I liked the high pitch of your voice in this song. For some reason it added to my perception of this as a fond memory... perhaps because some people resort to a higher voice when they talk fondly to their pets, children and spouses. Speaking of which, sorry to hear about Skit. I know that feeling.

I also liked the cadence of your verses. It wasn't a strictly defined meter, and the fact that you had to speed up to fit it all in reminded me of how many people speed up when talking about something that excites them. At other places you slow down, which reminds me of the way people might dwell a little longer on a pleasant thought before moving on to the next one.

The topic of a highly memorable vacation with a special person is perfect fodder for a love song, and this song did a good job of communicating to the listener how that might feel.

Great opening line! And good imagery! You took me there in my mind!

I thought it was interesting the way your LALALA led so easily into the sax solo.
I liked the way your voice transitioned from singing voice to lilting voice at the last "you loved me all through the night"

Good song and great chord progression! Thanks for posting!

Pat Marr #275958 12/22/14 02:33 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Alyn,

I liked that song quite a bit, for a variety of reasons!

First of all, it sounded very "Beatle-esque" to me. Naturally, to anyone my age, that's a very good thing!

Next, I liked the high pitch of your voice in this song. For some reason it added to my perception of this as a fond memory... perhaps because some people resort to a higher voice when they talk fondly to their pets, children and spouses. Speaking of which, sorry to hear about Skit. I know that feeling.

I also liked the cadence of your verses. It wasn't a strictly defined meter, and the fact that you had to speed up to fit it all in reminded me of how many people speed up when talking about something that excites them. At other places you slow down, which reminds me of the way people might dwell a little longer on a pleasant thought before moving on to the next one.

The topic of a highly memorable vacation with a special person is perfect fodder for a love song, and this song did a good job of communicating to the listener how that might feel.

Great opening line! And good imagery! You took me there in my mind!

I thought it was interesting the way your LALALA led so easily into the sax solo.
I liked the way your voice transitioned from singing voice to lilting voice at the last "you loved me all through the night"

Good song and great chord progression! Thanks for posting!

All that Pat says and more --This song is "the kind of thing you never, ever wanna forget" I think Alyn has written and performed the perfect "Gibson" song.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
gibson #275981 12/22/14 04:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alyn,

Nice and smooth song, Rob especially likes the FM7choir Aaah's and the saxophone soundfont.
Which one is it and can we download it somewhere?

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

gibson #276001 12/22/14 07:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

I really like this one - great mix and very cool lyrics. Also loved the vocal delivery.

Very sorry to hear about your cat...

Bob

gibson #276005 12/22/14 07:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

Another terrific listen.

The combination of instruments is very nice. And a good mix.

Sorry to hear about Skit.

fj

gibson #276041 12/22/14 11:32 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alyn.

Another classic.

Whilst still being an original Alyn track through and through, this did somehow make me think of Jonathon Richman. He's the only person I can think of who comes close to being as varied, daring and original.

Great backing track with an amazing vocal line.

Sorry about the cat.

ROG.

gibson #276049 12/22/14 12:16 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

Good one. One of my old friends lives in Half Moon Bay. He's an ostrich rancher. grin

One of the Beautiful Spots.

Welcome to Nothern Cal! laugh

Happy Christmas!

Bob

gibson #276073 12/22/14 02:33 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn, I am sorry to hear about your pet.

This is one of your best to date IMHO. You did a fantastic job with MIDI on this one, keep up the good work.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
gibson #276094 12/22/14 03:11 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Alyn,
Loosing your animal is loosing a family member, condolations.

Another strong composition. What did you do with your voice? It seems to come down from fast forward :-)

Like!

Merry Christmas

Fred

gibson #276128 12/22/14 11:08 PM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
To all

Last year I posted a song Hey you and at the end of the original post described a funny incident
Quote:
We took breaks and often stories were told as we sat around and one day one of my cats strolled in and went to sleep on the cushion in the Steve's open kick drum. I noticed and didn't think of telling him as we listened to the story.He had a chain linked double bass drum pedal and to emphasise a point his feet went berserk with a bass drum roll. Cartoons ARE true 'cos the skeleton of the cat left the room first followed seconds later by the skin, swerving and jinking the legs, guitars, beers and leads like a professional. laugh! HAHAHAHA the cat has never fully recovered and never goes in that room to this day! It didn't come back in the house for weeks and is now a total neurotic wreck. Poor lickle pussy but HAHAHAHAHAHA

That was Skit!! A sad loss 'specially as I saw her fit but hey what a great memory of her grin

Noel.Thanks for commenting

Pat: your posts are so illuminating, everyone is worth a couple of reads!!

CharlieThanks for the quote cool laugh

Rob and Anne Marie Thanks for the comments. Tell Rob I shall look for the font and send him a link!

Bob (rsdean)Thanks for commenting

floydThanks, as I have said before praise from you is praise indeed

ROG Thanks, I vaguely remember Jonathon Richman and shall google him later.

Bob (90db) Your old friend is a lucky man. And I now know someone who knows an ostrich farmer!!

Mario Thanks for commenting. MIDI is often slated but it is a wonderful "language"

FredM I am getting a complex about my voice LOL grin Thanks for listening.

Alyn

gibson #276149 12/23/14 03:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn, Sorry about Skit. This is a very nice listen. A easy melody and chord progression to compliment the lyrics. Nicely done. Tom

gibson #276151 12/23/14 03:40 AM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Tom,

Thanks for listening.
Glad you enjoyed it.
As my last post says I have a good memory of the cat as we all had a good laugh at her agility then LOL

Alyn

gibson #276179 12/23/14 06:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool song all the way around.
The Bossa groove is very effective.

This reminds me of some of the
little ditties on the White Album.

We much enjoyed it!

Yes, RIP Skit, you had a great run...

J&B

gibson #276202 12/23/14 08:42 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really nice tune Alyn!! I'm glad to see that you wrote to that title. It is a beautiful name. I think you nailed it. Great vocal, great feel, great emotion! Reminds me of a story I heard. Jerry Wexler, a big time producer in the 60's, told Jerry Goffin, I got a great title for you, "Natural Woman". That was Wexler's contribution and he is listed as an equal co-writer. Probably made a million bucks off that title. So, if it makes your fortune, and I'm down on my luck, I may look you up!! No, in all seriousness, GREAT JOB!! Take care, and Merry Xmas. Greg

gibson #276286 12/23/14 05:09 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another very cool tune Alyn. Sorry to hear about Skit. Pets are very close family members and sometimes even if they have lived a long life they are surely missed.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Janice and Bud

I love the bossa groove, always have done.
Quote:
Yes, RIP Skit, you had a great run...
Yeh especially out of the kick drum that day, years back grin

Greg

Quote:
if it makes your fortune, and I'm down on my luck, I may look you up
Greg who????? grin laugh wink
I am really glad you enjoyed the song.
That Bay is on my bucket list!!

Scott
Glad you enjoyed the song!
yup pets leave massive holes in lives, she can never be replaced!

Have a Good Christmas, everyone

Alyn

gibson #276337 12/24/14 04:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alyn,

I'm sorry about your cat. I once had a dog who was 17.
A nice melody and chord progression to compliment the lyrics. An enjoyable listen.
Merry Christmas.

Guenter

gibson #276412 12/24/14 11:50 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi, Alyn.

Nicely composed and performed.

Well done!

Thanks for the music,
Dan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,392
Posts732,471
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195