Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#278276 - 01/05/15 01:36 PM [User Showcase] I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop
Sundance Offline
Veteran

It's been a while since I posted some real down home country twang so here's a fun little ditty I wrote a couple of days before Christmas. Here's the story behind the song if you're interested. giggle....

Hope you get a kick out of it. All RTs - RD Nashville Shuffle. Bass 540. Guitars 944,947,1707. Piano 2022. Organ 1560.

I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop

It started out a routine run
to grab a case cause we was down to none
on a Saturday in the middle of June
I parked on the side in an empty spot
Trying to hurry it was getting hot
Didn't notice he was walking out when I was walking in
'til I almost ran right smack into him
looking up I grinned
looking up I grinned

I saw Elvis at the Quik stop
Like a deer in the headlights my jaw dropped
My knees almost hit the floor
He was holding that door and smiled hello
Oh I thought I might be dead
Still don't know what I said
But I was singing all shook up
on the drive back home

Jet black hair tossled from the wind
His teeth so white the store lights dimmed
So tall and tan in that light blue tee
All I could do was hem and haw
Fighting a powerful urge to run for my car
And follow him down the road but I ain't no freak
It's amazing how good looking one man could be
It happened to me
it happened to me

Now you don't have to believe it's true
It's not facebooked, tweeted, instagramed
or a video on youtube

repeat chorus and tag out.

Josie

#278280 - 01/05/15 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Hi Josie. Such a clever write and fun song. Nice production and vocals, twang and all.

Charlie

#278290 - 01/05/15 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Hi Josie,

Great fun, country rock and roll... makes me wanna dance !

"Like a deer in the headlights my jaw dropped" laugh laugh laugh laugh

Great! and I'm learning some nice english frases smile

Great production, clean and swinging!

G

F

#278296 - 01/05/15 03:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Fun Elvis shuffle! Were there any donuts left at the stop?
Oh, wait a sec....I listened again this sounds like the 50's
Elvis :-) Cool.

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#278299 - 01/05/15 03:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Good fun listen Josie!

I love this line, "to grab a case cause we was down to none".

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#278303 - 01/05/15 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
LOL! Now that was a fun listen. smile

Very nicely done...

Bob

#278322 - 01/05/15 07:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
As others have already noted, fun listen with some really clever lines!

-- David

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#278328 - 01/05/15 08:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Hi Josie. Such a clever write and fun song. Nice production and vocals, twang and all.

Charlie

Hey Charlie,

Thank you.

I get so emotionally intense with songs that every once in a while I gotta let go and write one for fun to clear my head. I've been an E fan since I was three dancing to my teenage sister's records so I had a good time with this one.

Josie

#278330 - 01/05/15 08:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: FredM]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: FredM
Hi Josie,

Great fun, country rock and roll... makes me wanna dance !

"Like a deer in the headlights my jaw dropped" laugh laugh laugh laugh

Great! and I'm learning some nice english frases smile

Great production, clean and swinging!

G

F

Fred,

Love that it made you laugh and wanna dance....and happy to be helping your English too!

Thank you.

Josie

#278343 - 01/06/15 01:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Josie

UH HUH HUH ,*wiggles hips" cool

I enjoyed that a lot, the words painted a wonderful picture.
And a good story behind the idea for the song.

Kirsty McCall did a song years back about a guy who works down the chip shop who swears he's Elvis and YOUR song is up there with it, well maybe just a smidge or two above laugh

Production everything is BRILLIANT.

Well done

Alyn

ps added a funny video of my mate Bert "Taff" Williams, The Melyn Elvis, in the youtube forum.
The Melyn is a district of my home town, Neath, and I reckon he should be called Melvis. grin

Great song of yours tho'

A

Edited by gibson (01/06/15 01:35 AM)
Edit Reason: re video of a friend

#278349 - 01/06/15 02:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Really liked that Josie

What a great theme for a song too. Nice country feel, with a top story line.

Trev
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#278353 - 01/06/15 03:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Yeah Josie. This is great. What a fun listen. "I was singing all shook up". A really nice write and a great production.

#278355 - 01/06/15 03:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Hi Josie,

Loved the lyrics, v funny smile Vocals/harmonies etc all perfect too.

I also thought the country feel was a good match for the song and the breaks in instrumentation at various locations were nicely placed.

Congrats!
Rec
P.S. I am deaf in my left ear at the moment after getting a cold so I expect it will sound even better once I can hear it in stereo, lol.

#278376 - 01/06/15 06:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Josie, I am going to the kitchen for a peanut butter and banana sandwich. What a great idea and a very nice job bringing it together. Your vocals of late are really sounding super. I really enjoyed this fun, very entertaining and very listenable track. Good stuff! Tom

Edited by tommyad (01/06/15 04:05 PM)

#278384 - 01/06/15 08:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Josie, I am going to kitchen for a peanut butter and banana sandwich. What a great idea and a very nice job bringing it together. Your vocals of late are really sounding super. I really enjoyed this fun, very entertaining and very listenable track. Good stuff! Tom

Tom said it nicely, so +1 that (and I want that samich, too..) smile

#278391 - 01/06/15 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Josie,

very funny lyrics, nice background story and great arrangement. And the crisp vocals!
I enjoyed that a lot.

Guenter

#278406 - 01/06/15 10:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
I love this song! Everyone here knows how big of an Elvis fan I am, this is perfect. I remember when he first passed away, almost everyday someone was claiming to have seen him somewhere. I thought I had one of these moments on one of my visits to Graceland. As I was walking up the drive to the house, there was an Elvis imitator sitting on the steps; and from a distance he looked just like Elvis. It was one of those moments when you could imagine Elvis himself sitting there. Thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#278412 - 01/06/15 11:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi Josie !:))

Yeah, I sure got a kick out of it !:)) (chuckle, giggle) !!:))
This tune of yours really gets one in a good mood !!:))
I like just about everything about this tune, Josie !!:))

This is my new Josiesong fav !!!!:))

Cheers
Dani

#278464 - 01/06/15 02:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really cute song!! Lyrics are superb! And, Josie, your range as a writer and a vocalist never ceases to amaze me. That was fun!! Take care. Greg

#278475 - 01/06/15 03:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Saw Elvis At The Quick Stop [Re: Sundance]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Josie.

Anything which can raise a smile has to be a good thing and this made me laugh out loud.

Very clever writing, fully supported by a great backing and a brilliant performance.

Loved it.

ROG.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 309 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac customers can download the latest FREE patch update here.

Summary of changes for Build 309:
Fixed: The Chord Builder is disabled if previously opened before using a modal dialog (eg. Style Picker, Set Tempo).
Fixed: The program might crash when selecting RealTracks in the Best RealTracks dialog (eg. #2541).
Fixed: Wrong notes in Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.
Improved: Higher dots-per-inch printing.
Added: [Print Chords Only] button added to the Print Options dialog.

EXTENDED! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Ends October 31st!

You haven't missed our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special, which has been extended to October 31st!

There's still time to purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off, and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

Plus, our latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 Build 2 Update Available!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 users can download the FREE Build 2 patch update here

Summary of Changes in Build 2:
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.
Fixed: Loading in a MusicXML file could result in MIDI notes of zero instead of the currect MIDI notes.
Fixed: Dragging a file into the tracks window didn't always result in the effects slot for the track being setup properly for the file type dragged in.
Fixed: When inserting hard rest, and answering Yes to question about removing notes for the peg, it would remove notes from both clefs instead of the clef that the rest was inserted on.
Fixed: Potential access violation when deleting a note in staff window.
Fixed: Potential jukebox access violation if there were songs with the entire path of the filename being 256 characters or greater loaded into jukebox.
Fixed: Jukebox not playing the playlist in correct order in certain situations involving stopping/restarting, etc.
Fixed: When loading in a MusicXML file that has a specific guitar fretboard defined that matches one of our fretboards, the guitar tablature type will now be set for the notation.
Fixed: Ability to load in .MXL (compresssed musicXML file) as well as ability to load normal noncompressed musicXML file with the new .musicxml extension instead of just .XML.
Fixed: Hammer ons, pull offs, and slides are now being saved to MusicXML files.
Fixed: Exceptionally jittery timing indicator in the notation window during playback compared to older versions of RealBand.
Fixed: If the start of a generated section of a song didn't have a chord entered at the beginning of the section, then it could default to a C major chord instead of the most recent chord prior to the section.
Fixed: Potential access violation if song has micro-pegs and multiple notes on a peg.
Fixed: Accidental element that specified whether a note was displayed as sharp/flat wasn't eing saved to XML, even though the correct pitch of the note itself was saved.

RealBand 2019 Build 5 Update Available!

All RealBand 2019 for Windows customers can download the latest FREE patch update (build 5) here.

Summary of Changes in Build 5 (Oct 10)
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac we added Drum Notation Support, and we didn't stop there! Other Notation Enhancements added in this new version are:

-A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
-Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
-Holding down the control key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
-In the Notation Window Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
-Notation is much clearer, not jagged, on retina screens.
-The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
-The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
-There is a keystroke entry mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, M to enter a third note, up/down cursor to change the pitch of the highlighted note, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
-You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

Read more about the Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac here. Watch this feature 'in action' with our new features video - jump to this topic when you click here.

...and don't forget - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th, up to 50% off! Order now!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Special Ends October 15th!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special is almost over! The special ends on October 15th - until then, save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our packages page for all the purchase options available.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit Works GREAT with macOS Catalina!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac works GREAT with the just-released Catalina 64-bit only OS!

Updating your Mac to the latest macOS Catalina? Don't miss a beat with our 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac®, fully compatable with the just-released macOS Catalina!

In fact, Catalina features like Sidecar (a feature which allows you to utilize your iPad as a second display) work well with the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - great for sharing charts with other musicians!

So, take comfort in knowing that the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac runs great on Catalina and there are no known Catalina/Band-in-a-Box® issues.

Have an older version of the program that won't work with Catalina (which only runs 64-bit programs)? Don't fret - you can upgrade to the newest version for as little as $49, here.

Forum Stats
30227 Members
62 Forums
60207 Topics
508049 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
r3g1na15, TSK, @pacificlights, Phattlippz, DavefromEdmonton

30227 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 175
Noel96 159