You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#279889 - 01/13/15 11:39 PM [User Showcase] I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake)
Loc: California
Carolyne Offline
Apprentice

Given some of your comments, advice and assistance, I thought I'd give it one more shot. Caused myself a bit of a challenge for some reason with this one.

https://soundcloud.com/carolyne-swayze/ill-keep-on-loving-you

I'll Just Keep On Loving You
By Carolyne Swayze

I’ll Just keep on loving you.
I’ll love you with a love that’s true
Should the stars lose their glow
even if the river forgets to flow
I’ll just keep on wanting you
And when my life is through
Just as long as you love me too
I’ll go through eternity loving you.

I’ll just keep on loving you
I’ll sing my songs to you
Who cares if stars fall from the sky
You’ll be my always, I’ll be your reason why.
If you just keep on loving me,
even when I cease to be.
I will wait for you patiently,
And love you through eternity.

I’ll you keep on Loving me
Then when I cease to be
I will wait for you patiently
Loving you through eternity

Loving you through eternity

copyright 2015 Carolyne Swayze
All Rights Reserved

Edited by Carolyne (01/14/15 08:40 PM)

#279935 - 01/14/15 08:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake) [Re: Carolyne]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very nice!! This version works much better for me. Pretty song!! Great work. Take care. Greg

#279940 - 01/14/15 08:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake) [Re: Carolyne]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I think this is an improved version also. Good Job. You did get a much better country-pop vibe going. Enjoyed listening.

Charlie

#279958 - 01/14/15 10:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake) [Re: Carolyne]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Really nice second version.

I was expecting to hear smooth jazz,,,, but you jumped genre from smooth jazz way over to country.

I really like the first section.... A LOT!!!! It's sparse, and the guitar fills are not competing for space with the vox... and the vox is superb!!!! Yes.. and it sets in the proper place in the mix. Nice and clear, easy to hear all the nuances and subtleties.

This reminded me of a Patsy Cline song.... nice stuff.

I would seriously think about getting rid of the steel totally. Bring in some strings in it's place in that third section. Patsy Cline used strings..... strings could be as simple as the PG Cello...

Additionally: If you start a song in a given key.... lets say C major.... and you use C F G.... then you modulate to D major where the chords are D G A... You should consider going into the BAR SETTINGS dropdown and changing the key in the bars to match D major. This ensures that the instruments are playing the correct chords and scales. Listen to the steel in the last section....from around 3:50 to the end.... you will hear some totally off key things going on.

... it's almost there IMHO. Kill the steel, use strings of some sort, and fix the key problem. Actually, if you take the steel out the "key problem" might resolve itself with no additional effort. I'd kill the steel before editing the bars for key signatures. It's easier to hit mute.

NOTE TO LISTENERS: Carolyne sent me the vocal track to her song. I used Melodyne in my DAW to adjust it a bit.... nothing major.... just a few minor fixes pulling notes closer to the pitch they should have been on. It was a bit of a challenge, in places, to fix only the parts that needed it, while leaving the character and color in her original recording. I had to split more than a few notes and only adjust the center of the note to pitch while leaving the vocal slide up and down on either side in place.

IMHO... this turned out really, really well. Oh yeah... I ran a very slight processing on it afterward to brighten it just the slightest bit, essentially a high pass with a flat upper end. I sent her the original fixt, and the process fixt and let her choose between them.

Carolyne.... very well done.

Edited by Guitarhacker (01/14/15 10:45 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#279966 - 01/14/15 11:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Carolyne Offline
Apprentice

I can't tell you how much I appreciated the help, Herb. This forum provides such a marvelous learning opportunity. Gonna make a techy out of me yet. I do understand to what you're referring regarding the modulations without changing the key. I wondered what was causing the strange progressions. Thanks for the Patsy Cline reference, that's an honor. I've always wanted to try my hand at a country song. I hope I got the nuance right. Hmmm, I do love the idea of strings. I can almost hear them, lush and lovely.

#279969 - 01/14/15 12:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake) [Re: Carolyne]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I did not hear the first version but I will say this version is top shelf.

I could listen to this style all night long.

Super vocal!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#280270 - 01/16/15 05:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake) [Re: Carolyne]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Carolyne.

This is simply beautiful.

I really like how you've taken the country genre and sprinkled it with a twist of jazz. Very clever! You sing so well that it's a real pleasure to listen to your songs.

Best wishes,
Noel

#280531 - 01/17/15 09:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake) [Re: Carolyne]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Very classy Carolyne!

I had to stop listening and go put on a tuxedo before I felt socially comfortable enough to listen the rest of the way through!

#280533 - 01/17/15 10:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Just Keep On Loving You (Retake) [Re: Carolyne]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Hi Carolyne,

Very nice vocal and backing on this and a top notch song.

I love how the initially sparse backing leaves space for the haunting vocals.

Thanks for sharing,
Rec

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28456 Members
58 Forums
55306 Topics
460782 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
nobby, jeM, Masaladosa, jonny1, rikkyj

28455 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 377
Pipeline 343