Veteran
What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing here, that's for sure.

Good write. Highlights...
"Not quite ready to profess my love but I’m in the neighborhood"
"...kinda rolled my way outside
Either I’m in love with him or just preoccupied"
Solid chorus. Excellent melody.

Gorgeous steel. Classic opening! And killer solo.

Gorgeous vocal. Nice harmony.

Perfect piano. Good drums sound. (nice block)

Top notch production. Top notch mix. Classic - start to finish.

floyd

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Tom,

I like everything about this! Great write. Janice is awesome on the vocals. The instrumentation is spot on. Arrangement and mix hit it out of the park. Other than everything I just listed, everything else about this one is really good! smile

So glad I got to hear it!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That wood block caught my attention in a nice surprising way. Not something I hear often maybe because I don't listen to lots of this style of music but anyway it sounds really cool in your arrangement. Like a little extra icing on the cake.

As always produced and sung well. Fun song. I enjoyed it. Clearasil - ewwww yuk. LOL!

Josie

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tom, Janice & Bud,

very nice lyrics. Made me smile.
And a pro production. Janice's voice and Tommy's guitars make it sound radio ready.

Guenter

We appreciate your comments. Thanks Guenter. Tom
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Wow! This is an awesome song on every level (I Know the word "awesome" has become overused, but in this case it's totally accurate)

The lyrics are cleverly written (I guess by Tommy?)
and flawlessly delivered by Janice

Love that walking bass line echoed by the piano!

And that pedal steel! Tommy, when I visit you'll have to play that for me! I tried to learn pedal steel back in 72 and gave up... and what you are doing is far from being the easy stuff! Just thrilling to hear when somebody can make a pedal steel sing (and you can!)

I sound like a broken record, but y'all need to make a compilation of your best collabs and see if you can't market them... you're better than anything I hear in the radio!

Pat, Your reviews are always AWESOME and that is why we always look forward to hearing from you. Looking forward to your visit! Tom
Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Tommy, Janice and Bud,

Another great song!
Music, (backing) vocals, lyrics, everything fits.
Nothing went wrong here!

Rob and Anne-Marie

R & A-M, Thanks for the nice words. We took a while to get this one done for various reasons. In the end we felt it came together quite nicely. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sfiks
I'd never say it's done with BIAB smile.
Enjoyed every instrument!
Loved Janice's voice as well.

That is one of my goals. To try and make it sound like it's not from the box. Yes, Janice is the absolute best. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: gibson
Janice, Bud and Tom,

The guys before me have said it all.

Nothing like a shuffle...yeh that's right 'specially done by you 3!!

thoroughly enjoyed that

Alyn

Hi Alyn, Thanks for stopping by. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
What can I say but Spectacular! I love that ol' style country! You guys have gone above and beyond! Super lyrics and super vibe!

All I can do is shake my head in amazement!

Thanks Lawrence!

J&B

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
It sounds like a Ray Price song from the first steel guitar lick. This is a nice write and even flowing tune that pulls a bit of the bluegrass voice of Janice out.

Great country flavor.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie. Tom nailed the vibe!

J&B

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Guys, this is fantastic! Sounds like a Nashville song from the late 60s / early 70s... Great sound!

Bob

Thanks Bob. Not much of that style left around at all.

J&B

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tom, Janice & Bud,

very nice lyrics. Made me smile.
And a pro production. Janice's voice and Tommy's guitars make it sound radio ready.

Guenter

Thanks Guenter. Bringing on a smile is always good!

J&B

Wow! This is an awesome song on every level (I Know the word "awesome" has become overused, but in this case it's totally accurate)

And that pedal steel! Tommy, when I visit you'll have to play that for me! I tried to learn pedal steel back in 72 and gave up... and what you are doing is far from being the easy stuff! Just thrilling to hear when somebody can make a pedal steel sing (and you can!)

I sound like a broken record, but y'all need to make a compilation of your best collabs and see if you can't market them... you're better than anything I hear in the radio!

Thanks so much Pat. Yes, Tom wrote the lyric and Janice made up the melody. And then Tom did a heckuva job with the production.

J&B

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Great song for the Prosody.
Everything belongs there, all fits and swings together.
Nice. Cheers.

Richard, Thanks! I try to always look at the rhythm of the lyrics and how they roll off the tongue. Tom
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Love this one guys (and girl)!

When are you going on tour? I've got a name for this collaboration -

I-75.

Florida-Georgia Line got nothin' on these guys (and girl). grin

Regards,

Bob

Bob, Thanks but no more touring for us. However that is a great name. Love it. Tom

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ha! A modern twist on a vintage sound. Loved it entirely! The opening music and first verse hooked me immediately. What a fantastic write, performance, production, collaboration. The verse to chorus transitions...perfectly done, along with everything else.

Janice, you were meant to sing these songs. Fellas, take a bow.

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing here, that's for sure.

Good write. Highlights...
"Not quite ready to profess my love but I’m in the neighborhood"
"...kinda rolled my way outside
Either I’m in love with him or just preoccupied"
Solid chorus. Excellent melody.

Gorgeous steel. Classic opening! And killer solo.

Gorgeous vocal. Nice harmony.

Perfect piano. Good drums sound. (nice block)

Top notch production. Top notch mix. Classic - start to finish.

floyd

floyd, This is another one of your generously detailed reviews. When we hear things like this it really helps to propel us forward. Thank You from all of us. Tom
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Tom,

I like everything about this! Great write. Janice is awesome on the vocals. The instrumentation is spot on. Arrangement and mix hit it out of the park. Other than everything I just listed, everything else about this one is really good! smile

So glad I got to hear it!

Steve

Steve, We always enjoy hearing from you. Hope all is well and you continue to try and come around more often. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
That wood block caught my attention in a nice surprising way. Not something I hear often maybe because I don't listen to lots of this style of music but anyway it sounds really cool in your arrangement. Like a little extra icing on the cake.

As always produced and sung well. Fun song. I enjoyed it. Clearasil - ewwww yuk. LOL!

Josie

Josie, Thanks for your nice review. Tom

Originally Posted By: olemon
Ha! A modern twist on a vintage sound. Loved it entirely! The opening music and first verse hooked me immediately. What a fantastic write, performance, production, collaboration. The verse to chorus transitions...perfectly done, along with everything else.

Janice, you were meant to sing these songs. Fellas, take a bow.

Hey Scott, Good to see you around these parts. Thanks for the kind words. Tom

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi All.

Haven't had time to listen in for ages and this is the first one I picked up on when I logged in. What a winner.

Obviously, you know by now that I'm always gonna love Janice's voice, but there's so much else to like here as well. But although every constituent part of this is top notch, the thing which possibly impressed me most was just how professional the finished product was. There's absolutely nothing about this track which says "demo" or BiaB. Radio Ready has been mentioned already, but this is SO commercial. I could really see this earning big money.

Many congrats to all involved.

ROG.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey Guys,

It's all been said and I agree with all of it! grin
I grew up listening to this style of music (my mom LOVED Ray Price) and spent many years playing it... I still think it's one of the funnest styles to play.

Great Job!

Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
heads up: This was posted to PGMusic's face book page today
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tommy, Janice and Bud,

Another great song!
Music, (backing) vocals, lyrics, everything fits.
Nothing went wrong here!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks you two! We appreciate that.

[quote=sfiks]I'd never say it's done with BIAB smile.
Enjoyed every instrument!
Loved Janice's voice as well.

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: gibson
Janice, Bud and Tom,

The guys before me have said it all.

Nothing like a shuffle...yeh that's right 'specially done by you 3!!

thoroughly enjoyed that

Alyn

Thanks Alyn. We couldn't agree more about the shuffle.

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Great song for the Prosody.
Everything belongs there, all fits and swings together.
Nice. Cheers.

Thank you. It was really fun doing this.

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Love this one guys (and girl)!

When are you going on tour? I've got a name for this collaboration -

I-75.

Florida-Georgia Line got nothin' on these guys (and girl). grin

Regards,

Bob

Hey Bob, hmmmmm.....we are only about 25 miles from I-75 so the moniker fits!
Thanks.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

I totally agree!

All I can add is "This is what country is supposed to sound like!

This is a keeper.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi All.

Haven't had time to listen in for ages and this is the first one I picked up on when I logged in. What a winner.

Obviously, you know by now that I'm always gonna love Janice's voice, but there's so much else to like here as well. But although every constituent part of this is top notch, the thing which possibly impressed me most was just how professional the finished product was. There's absolutely nothing about this track which says "demo" or BiaB. Radio Ready has been mentioned already, but this is SO commercial. I could really see this earning big money.

Many congrats to all involved.

ROG.

ROG, Thanks so much for the wonderful words. The three of us sure wish they played this style on the radio. As I mentioned earlier I don't think you will hear anything close to this unless you are in Texas. Thanks again, Tom
Originally Posted By: Achordocaster
Hey Guys,

It's all been said and I agree with all of it! grin
I grew up listening to this style of music (my mom LOVED Ray Price) and spent many years playing it... I still think it's one of the funnest styles to play.

Great Job!

Greg

You are so right Greg. This style is a blast to play. When you get caught up in the swing, the groove carries you along with it. Thanks, Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 02/02/15 04:09 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

I totally agree!

All I can add is "This is what country is supposed to sound like!

This is a keeper.

Thank you! Perhaps some day the stars and planets will line up right and we'll here a good ole shuffle on the radio.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tommy and Janice,

Even though I'm incredibly late to this thread, it didn't stop "What Could Possibly Go Wrong" from being a spectacular listen; it's a stunning collaboration! The overall mix screams "professional through and through". Why isn't this on the radio? It's a crime that your talents aren't more widely acclaimed.

"Not quite ready to profess my love but I’m in the neighborhood" - I found this line very visual because of the imagery that preceded it. It created a picture of a very likeable character in my mind. Clever.

Excellence doesn't get better than this.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195