We're not typically ones to drop other artists'
names when commenting on a song but Dillion
is a fine writer and we felt Mr jane
would enjoy the comparo. We recently watched
Strait's final Dallas concert "The Cowboy
rides Away" and this song would have fit
perfectly in the show. 'nuff said!

J&B

Well...heck... those are 2 names I don't mind being in the same sentence with... (humbling)... and STILL, George doesn't write, he doesn't call.... smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This song must have hit the forum while I was away... my first take is that it sounds like today's country!

No pedal steel, chicken-pickin' or other trademarks of classic country. Instead you use mandolin, which pays homage in a way to the current popularity of the bluegrass sound in country.

Also the guitar decorations have a pop feel to them, and the chord progression is closer to the current 4 chords than it is to the classic country chord progression.

I like the way you sculpted the drums to match the sound of other current country hits.

I also like that you seem to have isolated a signature guitar passage to use throughout the song to establish symmetry and recognizability.

Great lyrics as always, and everything works together to build the mood and message of a hit song!

edit:
Dang, Floyd.. you really need to be famous! We don't understand.. WHAT'S THE HOLDUP??? You're doing everything right!

User Showcase
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Floyd,

This track is just unbelievable in every way and it shows just how deep your understanding is of all the facets of a hit song. You get the well known truth that "Less is More" when it comes to laying music tracks for a song as well as when to do something or not to do something.

Being a guitarist, I always dig a great guitar solo but also know if you want to do what's right for a song, you have to give it what it needs. This track is perfect like it is. It doesn't need a solo of any kind and you absolutely nailed this one to the wall! Bravo!!!

BR,
David

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I am also in the "I like everything about this song" crowd.

Not only are you an outstanding lyricist you are also an outstanding producer, singer, guitarist, mix engineer etc!.

This was perfect!

Mario said it all for me.

Why aren't you famous with songs/productions like this????

I shall read your technical post later for ideas!!

pure floyd jane genius

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
This song must have hit the forum while I was away... my first take is that it sounds like today's country!

No pedal steel, chicken-pickin' or other trademarks of classic country. Instead you use mandolin, which pays homage in a way to the current popularity of the bluegrass sound in country.

Also the guitar decorations have a pop feel to them, and the chord progression is closer to the current 4 chords than it is to the classic country chord progression.

I like the way you sculpted the drums to match the sound of other current country hits.

I also like that you seem to have isolated a signature guitar passage to use throughout the song to establish symmetry and recognizability.

Great lyrics as always, and everything works together to build the mood and message of a hit song!

edit:
Dang, Floyd.. you really need to be famous! We don't understand.. WHAT'S THE HOLDUP??? You're doing everything right!

Wasn't expecting this one to pop back up... and I would normally just let it slide back down, but y'all are simply being too nice to not say a quick "Thank You"...
Pat - I appreciate the mention of the signature guitar passage. There was some discussion some time back (there have been many, actually) where people state that the only way to have "signature guitar licks" is to play them yourself... and that that is a limitation with BIAB... I don't believe that for a second... so wanted to "drive that point home" - it is simple to find licks within the BIAB tracks to pull out and repeat to give a production a musical hook... a little imagination goes a long way...

Thanks, also for noticing the fact that this is "not your granmpa's Country". I think it's good to recognize that BIAB has plenty of stuff for current sounds - you just have to start using them...

Famous? I am famous - right here in the PG forum - with the 8-10 people who contribute to the conversation - you being one of those... a great group of people!!!

Originally Posted By: davidgitar
Floyd,

This track is just unbelievable in every way and it shows just how deep your understanding is of all the facets of a hit song. You get the well known truth that "Less is More" when it comes to laying music tracks for a song as well as when to do something or not to do something.

Being a guitarist, I always dig a great guitar solo but also know if you want to do what's right for a song, you have to give it what it needs. This track is perfect like it is. It doesn't need a solo of any kind and you absolutely nailed this one to the wall! Bravo!!!

BR, David

David - I really do appreciate you saying such nice things! BIAB provides the tools required to get that sound - I think it is important that we show that off if we can... and it is done nicely by so many here - in so many different ways...

Originally Posted By: gibson
Quote:
I am also in the "I like everything about this song" crowd.

Not only are you an outstanding lyricist you are also an outstanding producer, singer, guitarist, mix engineer etc!.

This was perfect!

Mario said it all for me.

Why aren't you famous with songs/productions like this????

I shall read your technical post later for ideas!!

pure floyd jane genius

Alyn

Ah...gee...Alyn... you're gonna make it hard to wear my hat!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

This is a song I like VERY much. I am so glad you took the time to explain how you developed the drums as you "composed" drum track is one of the things that make the sound of the song. Nobody mentioned the left channel guitar in the first verse or two that complements the right channel mandolin so I will; they sound as close together as peanut butter and jelly.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199