Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#285864 02/27/15 01:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
FANCY UNDERWEAR ON YOUTUBE

Some of you may remember this song that I wrote in early 2013. I recently rerecorded and remixed it for my album.

I thought you may be interested in seeing the video I have put together. Have a look at 0.36 where the audience holds their hands over their ears while the guy is singing.

Sometimes I feel like that!

Realtracks are:
RealTracks in song: ~537:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~615:Harmonica, Background HeeHaw Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~373:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~~610:Mandolin, Rhythm Chop Sw 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleSwing8^5-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

Lyrics:
They tell me I should dance like no one’s watching
I’d sure like to sing like no one cares
But when I dance why do my friends make fun of me
My neighbour shuts her doors when I play

Burn the candles use the best sheets
Wear my fancy underwear
Why is this impossible when you’re not here
Wont wear my fancy underwear

They tell me I must give attention to the now
Not dwell on a past I cannot change
To fret about the future is the very worst
Life so uncertain eat pudding first

Burn the candles use the best sheets
Wear my fancy underwear
Why is this impossible when you’re not here

Kiss slowly love deeply
Let go of what you need
This is just unthinkable
when life’s no longer sweet

Comments are appreciated.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

LOL! I remember this song - love the vintage footage in the video. Very nice job on this... smile

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Absolutely brilliant Josie, I really enjoyed that song and the video fits perfectly.

You have done a fab mix here, couldn't be any better in my opinion. You really know your stuff as regards mixing and mastering, the harmonies sound great too, comes across as done by yourself?

This song is so good it would deserve to be heard by a wide audience. I hope it does well for you.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 02/27/15 01:21 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Bob - Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. Your videos are an inspiration to me and makes me more determined to make better videos. The vintage stuff is great.

Musiclover - The harmonies etc were done by me. Mixing and mastering is continuing to be a challenge but getting easier. Glad you enjoyed the song. When I wrote it I never thought it was much good as I wrote in honestly about 1/2 an hour. Maybe it will come into its own...

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne
the video clip just makes all of this sit like a well choreographed and thought-out production. Great job, and lots of good research. The catchy tune and the great vision go so well together.

Well done
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Wow Josie, great video and really good mix. I also think you've written a very strong song here. The song would stand well by itself but along with the video, it's top notch.

This has quickly become one of my favorites of yours. Good stuff.

Charlie

ps: I noticed around 1:55 of the video, in the beginning, the trumpet player is tapping in time with your song. Good editing.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Trevor - Thanks for that. I really didn't think too much about this one. It just sort of "happened". I did try to match the clips with the lyrics as much as possible but was limited in my choice of clips.

Charlie - Thank you so much. I think the trumpet player playing in time was also just a stroke of luck. No fancy editing. But I did notice it when reviewing the video.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Joanne,

LOL! I remember this song - love the vintage footage in the video. Very nice job on this... smile

Bob

+1 here Josie
You always manage to paint a smile on my face!

F

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Fun vid and all the better
as the foundation is a good
song. Great idea with the
old footage.

Cool way to start our
day.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank you Fred and Bud and Janice. Glad I got your day off to a good start!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Joanne,

Charlie nailed it: "Great video and really good mix. I also think you've written a very strong song here. The song would stand well by itself but along with the video, it's top notch."
A really enjoayble watch/listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

I liked the production and the video... but I'm not sure I understand the point you are making.

I started off thinking that it was a song about not falling into the trap of setting good things aside for "someday" (that might never come)... a song about living life fully without worrying about public opinion or the possibility of using precious resources when circumstances don't call for it.

But then you ended with the opposite of that sentiment by saying that you WON'T wear your fancy underwear. So I'm not sure I got your point. Can you elaborate a little more?

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

The video is a fun watch.

Good mix on the song...

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! You have a classic folk voice.
Well written.
Loved the video especially the musicians playing to the lady on the second story.
Good work.
Rob.

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
When there's a song called Fancy Underwear with a video, I'm there!! A little different than I expected but it was a lot of fun. Really nice job on the song-write, arrangement, and vocal. The harmonica could not have been any better if you hired the guy for this song! Really enjoyed! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Josie,

I remember this song from the first post! It's a great video you've put together to accompany it - very entertaining. I enjoyed the journey.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Joanne,

We hadn't heard this song before... but it's nice and funny.
The backing vocals are very solid by the way. A nicely compiled video of public domain images, well done!

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Joanne,

Charlie nailed it: "Great video and really good mix. I also think you've written a very strong song here. The song would stand well by itself but along with the video, it's top notch."
A really enjoayble watch/listen.

Guenter

Thank you Guenter. I appreciate it.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Joanne,

I liked the production and the video... but I'm not sure I understand the point you are making.

Hi Pat.
The idea of the song is that everybody is always saying you must dance like no ones watching, live life for today as if there is no tomorrow. Burn candles, use the best sheets etc. The point of the song is that I CANT do that when you are not here. I'm just gonna sit here and be miserable! I, especially, just cannot wear my fancy underwear if you're not here!

Its interesting in that I thought it quite clear in this particular song but I guess that is what happens with song writing. It is quite clear in the writer's head but comes out quite different to the listener. The challenge is to put the idea across succinctly.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Joanne,

The video is a fun watch.

Good mix on the song...

fj

Thank you Floyd. Always appreciate your comments.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,355
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213