You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#83824 - 08/27/10 01:08 PM [User Showcase] New Original Song "Someday"
Loc: Colorado
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Is there anything BIAB CAN'T do??? I was looking for a western swing style for a new song and came across "C_LSHUFF Line Dance Shuffle" SD#7. Pefect fit. It gave me a chance to record my Mullen G2 (pedal steel) for the first time and also showcase some new material.

To get the most mileage out of a song, as someone already mentioned on here, it's good to try to write in such a way as to appeal to the broadest spectrum of society. This song was demoed using both male and female vocals and both links are available here along with a lyrics link for those who like to read the words.

I'd like the thank the young lady who used our song on her demo, Jenny Pforr, who's now signed to Arison records, a Christian label out of Nashville. Search for Jenny on YouTube to hear more of this incredible talent.

Song Link (Male Vocal): Someday

Song Link (Female Vocal): Someday (feat. Jenny Pforr)

Lyrics Link: Someday.DOC

Enjoy,

Bob Buford, Producer
Summertown Recording Studios
Fort Collins, Colorado

#83825 - 08/27/10 01:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Original Song "Someday" [Re: Buford]
occ Offline
Journeyman

Great sound!! And you sing in good tune. You did very good on the steel. Sounds like you are recording in more than just a home studio. occ

#83826 - 08/27/10 01:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Original Song "Someday" [Re: Buford]
Loc: Scotland
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi Bob,

I prefer the Male vocal, not because it's better, just that it seems to fit better.
Although the Female version is very very good, and she has intonation to spare.
I did notice that both singers varied slightly from the lyrics but hey so what.
As to the lyrics, well they could mean a secret love affair or finding new love as the old one was lost (to me anyway)
That's what is great about lyrics, they say different things to different people.

Best regards
Michee

#83827 - 08/27/10 01:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Original Song "Someday" [Re: George Nelson]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Hey guys...thanks for the response. I thought about singing a duet with Jenny on this song but she could absolutely bury me vocally...so I waited till she was gone.

I love that people get different things from lyrics. It's like a little extra perk for the songwriter. I've had people tell me they got a particular something out of a song that wasn't even close to what I thought I wrote. But hey, meaning is where you find it.

Bob

#83828 - 08/27/10 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Original Song "Someday" [Re: Buford]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Hi Bob,

I also prefer the male singer as I feel it fits better. However Jenny is one fantastic singer it’s just I don’t feel that this song is not female singers song. Just my two cents!

Great chops on that steel man.

If you keep writing them like this I expect to hear you name on GAC and CMT!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#83829 - 08/27/10 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Original Song "Someday" [Re: MarioD]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Jenny had two original songs and Patsy Cline's "Crazy" for her demo, but wanted another tune. We had just completed "Someday" and she listened and liked it so we added it to the demo. Not sure now that it was the best choice, but it helped her get signed in Nashville, so...whatever works, I guess.

I love steel. If I could only play one instrument with virtosity that would be the one. I have miles to go.

Thanks,
Bob

#83830 - 08/27/10 06:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Original Song "Someday" [Re: Buford]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Quote:

Jenny had two original songs and Patsy Cline's "Crazy" for her demo, but wanted another tune. We had just completed "Someday" and she listened and liked it so we added it to the demo. Not sure now that it was the best choice, but it helped her get signed in Nashville, so...whatever works, I guess.

I love steel. If I could only play one instrument with virtosity that would be the one. I have miles to go.

Thanks,
Bob

I very glad she got signed as she does have a fantastic voice!
Plus you are doing very well at the steel. It sounded like a pro to me!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#83831 - 08/27/10 10:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Original Song "Someday" [Re: MarioD]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hi Bob,
I liked both versions. Personally I would've added some harmony vox for more punch. Congrats to Jenny. Nice job on the steel.

#83832 - 08/27/10 11:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Original Song "Someday" [Re: Sundance]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Hi Josie....you're right! And it's not too late to add some harmonies!!

Thanks,
Bob

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 627 Available

An Update Patch is available to all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users - Build 267! Learn more here.

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Using an external plugin (from the menu Audio > Plugin) would always launch the plugin in English instead of the chosen language in Band-in-a-Box.

German Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Paket
Was ist neu?

Holiday Hours - Happy Easter!

Our Easter Weekend hours are:

Customer Service:
April 19 - Good Friday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST (GMT -8)
April 20 - Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST (GMT -8) (regular hours of operation)
April 21 - Easter Sunday: Closed.
April 22 - Easter Monday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM PST (GMT -8) (regular hours of operation)

Technical Service:
Closed April 19-21. (Will re-open Monday, April 22 at 10:00AM PST)

All of our hours list here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Build 266 Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® for Mac users! Update your Version 2018 with our latest patch, Build 266 here!

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Pressing play might freeze the program if your song has no RealDrums selected and includes style changes at any bar.
Fixed: The Audio Devices window might freeze if re-selecting the same audio device.
Improved: If using unusual audio device settings (eg. bluetooth headphones with a very low sample rate), a warning message will be shown that directs the user to the macOS Audio Device window to adjust their settings.
Fixed: The file open dialog for choosing a custom RealTracks folder would fail.

Requested Video - Using the BB VST Plugin in RealBand!

Did you know that you can use the Band-in-a-Box® VST Plugin in RealBand (but you don't have to...)? Tobin explains this in detail with our latest video - Watch now...

Video - Part 2 How to anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat?

This is a continuation of the video on how to anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat, but now we are including rests!

Watch the video

Video - How to anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat?

We had a customer ask if you can anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat. Yes, you can!

Tobin made up a quick video to show how this is done, so we thought we would share it for anyone else who would like to know how to do this.

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
29317 Members
60 Forums
57708 Topics
483824 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rosest962500, Colourthro, LEFTLIVESMATTER, pkoetzing, Carlos369

29317 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 151