Page 2 of 2 1 2
boehm #287386 03/10/15 09:57 PM
User Showcase
FredM Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Fred. Wow. Sounded like the Beatles when it first started. LOVED the harmonies. Did you do them yourself? Great job. We want more...I was just about to ask if the was all BIAB and then I saw that you did the solo guitar.

Hi Joanne,
The Beatles!! What a great compliment! Thanks for listening smile
I just love to do harmonies, and this song was made for it!
See you around
Fred

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Hi
very good rock song.
nice chords and nice voice too right for this kind of music

It remembers me a style like "the Byrds" sound.

Very well.

Hello.

Sergio,
Thanks for your kind commenting and the Byrds comparison. They were masters in harmonies!

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Fred,

I really enjoyed this lost Beatles song!
Great vocals and harmonies.
Especially liked the bridge.
Nice guitar playing.

Guenter

Yep Guenter,
Paul must have lost it somewhere smile
I am a great fan of McCartney, in and after his Beatles days.
So... thank you very much!!!

FredM #287388 03/10/15 10:10 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Fred. I think you made a great job of it and a lot of work has gone into this.
Lively guitar and vocals. Nice one! Cheers.

ROG #287389 03/10/15 10:18 PM
User Showcase
FredM Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: gibson
Fred,

Fred, what can I say? I certainly see a Beatle influence BUT and a big BUT you sound as good as, if not better than, The Rutles

I really, really enjoyed the listen

I liked the homo sapiens picture grin We had an initial drawing, but never used, for my old band CONMEN!!! but the other way round laugh
Alyn

Hi Alyn,
The Rutles! I loved their movie. I didn't know they had a fan page though, thanks for the link.
Funny we had the same idea of a band picture all those years ago.
See you!

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Fred,

A really nice rock song that made us get into the groove almost immediately!
The song sounds solid in every way. We especially like the backing vocals! Really features that 60's/70's sound.
Funny to see your song's specifics in Dutch!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob and Anne-Marie
Thank you both for your kind comments. You are such great backing and lead vocalists, that this compliment to me is HUGE smile
The dutch specifics add something exotic to our BIAB entries, don't they?

F

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Great playful lyrics! Great sound!!

much enjoyed!

Lawrence,

thanks for passing by and commenting, had a great time assembling it myself smile

Originally Posted By: Will Rockwell
I really envy people who can carry a tune, where's the app for that? Great harmonies, well written and performed. Catchy song.

Will,
You can carry a tune, you can enhance your confidence with some auto tune software, and then... just do it! You have got the skills!

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hey Fred.

That is a SUPERB track. Loved every minute of it.

The vocals are just perfect and you've got a great balance between the lead vox and the harmonies.

Everything hangs together in the mix and the track plays really LOUD without sounding over-compressed which is the sign of good engineering.

Wonderful song!

ROG.

Rog,
thanks four your comments, especially on the engineering part. You are a master in production, so I value this greatly. On my last one, Heaven and Hell, I over-compressed the piano. There is much to learn, and I'm learning with every song, thanks to your, and our fellows contributions

tommyad #287392 03/10/15 10:31 PM
User Showcase
FredM Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Fred,

This is spectacular. Your production is stellar. You are quickly rising to the top... This is so nicely laid out... like a Nick Lowe production... it reminded me of The Knack. Or Badfinger... Super. Your "sense of Pop" is brilliant.

Stellar vocals. Nice, simple guitar solo that fits the song perfectly.

Several listens. It deserves that.

T O P.... N O T C H

(Great mix, too!)

Stellar!

floyd

floyd jane...
I'm really, really humbled reading these comments...
I bought BIAB in december, just to revive some old songs. However, this is becoming much larger than just a hobby. For the moment I still use older songs, or idea's to practice with BIAB. But new material will be arriving next year or so. For the moment there still is so much to learn and I certainly don't feel like I'm up there... yet smile
So please, keep the songs and the comments coming, I'm learning with each of everyone's contributions.
Thanks for investing your time!

Fred

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Fred, Absolutely fantastic. Very Beatlesque. Love the vocals. The overall production is outstanding. The perfect guitar solo. Your best post to date. Very Strong! Tom

Tom,
thank you for listening and commenting. Your comment on the guitar solo is flattering, I'm glad with it. On my solo's, I'm just trying to stay within my limits smile
See you around

Fred

User Showcase
FredM Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great tune!! Love that vintage Brit sound. I have never heard real tracks sound more "live". Excellent job with everything (write, vocals, arrangement). Thoroughly enjoyed it!! Take care. Greg

Greg,
Thanks for taking time to listen, comment and support. I'm also a fan of that Brit rock sound.
See you around!

Fred
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
It's been said above and I agree -- very
Beatlesque and the harmony absolutely
nails that feel.

The write, the vocals, the arrangement,
the guitar playing, the RT choice
and the mix are all top notch.

And it kicks on my monitors!

There's a huge amount to like here.

J&B

Janice and Bud,
It's always a great pleasure seeing you commenting on my work. You're to kind smile I love what you both do, and I am learning from your top productions.
See you both around!

Fred

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great tune!! Love that vintage Brit sound. I have never heard real tracks sound more "live". Excellent job with everything (write, vocals, arrangement). Thoroughly enjoyed it!! Take care. Greg

+1 to what he said. Love your voice.

Josie

FredM #287740 03/12/15 11:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Fred,

This is a great production. Love the vocal and guitar lines in this one.

Bob

RichMac #287969 03/14/15 08:49 AM
User Showcase
FredM Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Fred. I think you made a great job of it and a lot of work has gone into this.
Lively guitar and vocals. Nice one! Cheers.

Hello Richard,
Thanks for passing by.
I do spend quite some time on a song production, but loving every minute arranging and mixing.
The storm did not do to much damage? It was on the news here.
See you around
Fred

rsdean #287970 03/14/15 08:52 AM
User Showcase
FredM Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Sundance

+1 to what he said. Love your voice.

Josie

Hi Josie,
Thanks for listening! I am going to make another one ☺☺☺
F

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Fred,

This is a great production. Love the vocal and guitar lines in this one.

Bob

Thanks for commenting, Bob
I'm really glad with your comments
Fred

FredM #287973 03/14/15 09:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I didn't read any of the former posts.... so...

This is cool... it has a British style guitar rock band sound.

Badfinger comes to mind as the influence I hear in this.

The vocal harmonies are especially well done.

Nice work on the solo guitar. Well done.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
FredM Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I didn't read any of the former posts.... so...

This is cool... it has a British style guitar rock band sound.

Badfinger comes to mind as the influence I hear in this.

The vocal harmonies are especially well done.

Nice work on the solo guitar. Well done.

Hi Herb,
Thanks for your listen and comment!
With the Badfinger comparison, you're in good company with Floyd ☺
See you around!
Fred

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199