Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
At the recent Ricky Skaggs concert I spoke with Andy Leftwich one of the Real Tracks soloists. I told him we all love the work he has done with PG music. He assured me he has been listening to our creations. Andy is featured here on the fiddle and mandolin solos.

Question; What’s the difference between ignorance and apathy?
Answer; I don’t know and I don’t care.
All the complex problems we face in the world can be solved with education and participation. If we continue to kick the can down the road it will only get worse. Don’t just stand there. Stand for something! Like we are doing with this song, start small and think big. Thanks to Janice and Bud Merritt once again. All comments/suggestions are welcome. ( If anyone shows any interest LOL! ) Tom

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13065891

Vocals, Tom and Janice
Guitar and Dobro, Tom

592:Bass, Acoustic Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
591:Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Soloist)
594:Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Chops)
596:Fiddle, Soloist Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
820:Mandolin Soloist Bluegrass Ev 100

Gotta a friend i met in college right before I quit
He loves to share his knowledge every chance he gets
he’ll give you his opinions on the state of world affairs
I hate to break the news nobody cares

Nobody cares they don’t even vote
They don’t want to change so don’t rock the boat
theres one conclusion that I can draw
Nobody cares bout nothin at all

I’ve got an overactive memory seems I can’t forget
The way things used to be back before we met
Guess it was a simpler time easier to smile
ain’t been that way at all for quite a while

Nobody cares they don’t even vote
They don’t want to change so don’t rock the boat
theres one conclusion that I can draw
Nobody cares bout nothin at all

©2015 Thomas Adams

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom and Janice,

That is BRILLIANT. Should be the theme song for the coming UK election in May.

But musically that is EXCELLENT. Young Janice sounds good as usual and your voice is up there with hers. Mr Leftwich did a sterling job to compliment the vocals, and sentiment.

Great stuff, thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Wonderful!! Amusing! I got a kick out of the sarcastic humor with a somewhat underlying biting message. Music is sweet and fun-perfect use of RTs along with some equally well-played Tommyad on top. Vocals were excellent by both of you. A real treat!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I was gonna comment, but y'all stepped on my toes, so I don't care if you know I think the song is awesome or not. ;-)

Seriously, I think the concept is profound, a great idea for a song, and very well developed. The CLARITY really jumped out at me! Which is good, because it made the vocals crystal clear.. which is good because both vocals were very kickin'... which is good because it made an already good song even better!

I think you must have forced Janice into a higher register than usual because her vocals had a completely new sound from what I've become used to. I like it!

on a different note, it's cool that you talked to Mr. Leftwich about his contribution to BIAB, and even cooler that he told you he listens to the forum! That is AWESOME! Tells you a lot about who HE is, and that he cares about music and the grass roots stuff happening here.

You must have a pretty tall stack of successful collaborations by now... I think you can safely add this one to the pile...
wink

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom / Janice,

This is a new favorite! You guys have a very cool Johnny Cash and June Carter vibe going on here... Fantastic guitar work as well.

Bob

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Back to your roots. An understatement that you guys are comfortable with Bluegrass.

Enjoyed the message, delivery and song.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Like everything here.
Very nicely focused on the message.
Can't miss it. Cheers.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a nail hitter.
Makes me feel right at home with this style.
Loved the key change.
Excellent.
Rob.

Last edited by Rob4580; 03/07/15 11:57 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tom (and Janice),

Wow, great you know one of the RT artists!
Very nice song and we especially like the guitar and dobro you added yourself. Another fine collab guys!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tommy and Janice
Wow, you've really nailed a great one. This has fantastic lyrics, top melody, sensational instrumental, and the list goes on. The Dobro fills in nicely. The key change, absolutely everything.
FABULOUS!

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Tom and Janice,

What to add to all those great comments?

I loved the lyrics, like Alyn, I agree this deseves airplay around election time!

Sarcasm, in a Monty Python way! American style!

So Janice, and Thomas smile
I'm a fan of the JBT team!

Grts

Fred

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi there Tom and Janice.

A wonderfully cynical look at life, all wrapped up in a very professional country package.

Always a BIG fan of Janice, but Tom, you were right alongside her with this one.

Great solos and an inspired key change at the end.

Terrific piece of writing and performing.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi tommyad tom and Janice great message great work excellent vocals thanks for sharing eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Hey friends

great country!!!

Hello

Sergio
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom and Janice,

That is BRILLIANT. Should be the theme song for the coming UK election in May.

But musically that is EXCELLENT. Young Janice sounds good as usual and your voice is up there with hers. Mr Leftwich did a sterling job to compliment the vocals, and sentiment.

Great stuff, thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn
Alyn, Thanks for the kind words and all your support over the years. Tom
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wonderful!! Amusing! I got a kick out of the sarcastic humor with a somewhat underlying biting message. Music is sweet and fun-perfect use of RTs along with some equally well-played Tommyad on top. Vocals were excellent by both of you. A real treat!! Take care. Greg
Greg, I tried to walk that fine line between annoying sarcasm and cutesy. Thanks for the nice review. Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 03/08/15 03:02 AM.
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
[quote=Pat Marr] I was gonna comment, but y'all stepped on my toes, so I don't care if you know I think the song is awesome or not. ;-)

Say What? Maybe if your feet weren't sticking out so far there wouldn't be a problem. Your feet are so big it's a case where two feet make a yard!

Pat said: I think you must have forced Janice into a higher register than usual because her vocals had a completely new sound from what I've become used to. I like it!

Pat, Janice has the ability to listen to a song and change her voice just enough to provide the perfect delivery. In this case the playfulness of the song is brought out by her high bluegrass style in the choruses. She is truly a treasure! Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Tom / Janice,

This is a new favorite! You guys have a very cool Johnny Cash and June Carter vibe going on here... Fantastic guitar work as well.

Bob
Bob, You are spot on with that comparison. I never thought of it but if Johnny and June had put something down over a bluegrass bed it might have turned out pretty close. Thanks, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tommy and Janice,
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wonderful!! Amusing! I got a kick out of the sarcastic humor with a somewhat underlying biting message. Music is sweet and fun-perfect use of RTs along with some equally well-played Tommyad on top. Vocals were excellent by both of you. A real treat!!

+1
I couldn't say it better.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well ain't it the truth, some of those lines made me LOL.

Agree with Pat, Janice sounds so different on the harmony - first time I've heard her sing that high. I like it!

So playful and fun. I totally enjoyed it.

Josie

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
What a great sound! The banjo intro grabbed me right away and the song never let me go!!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195