Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#288301 03/17/15 09:42 AM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I met a girlfriend from almost 40 years ago for lunch in a country pub just before Christmas. It was really weird cos when I saw her, her face quickly changed from unrecogognizable to ...to ...she's never been away. Like a real life animated gif. weird!!! and from 2D to 3D also as we have talked on SKYPE.
This song just says it was really, really good being in the same room together, again.
I haven't played it to her yet.

It came as a Big surprise

It came as a big surprise when I knew I'd be there with you
I never thought it would ever happen to me
and today you're still the same, every move and every thing you say
I'm so glad you are here with me

And if you feel the same as I do, then my life's complete
and everything I ever wanted has come true as you're now here with me

come on don't forget the past let us live for this moment now
two of us surprised we'd ever meet

And if you feel the same as I do, then my life's complete
and everything I ever wanted has come true as you're now here with me

RealTrack in style: 1006:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment, PopCaliforniaSlow Ev 085
me on Steinway from the Crisis Soundfont with tune. Funny noise/pad was chord track and Korg M1 vst pad.

enjoy

Alyn

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really pretty song Alyn!! I didn't know you did this style. I would try adding bass, maybe strings, and a little verb to fill it out. Really sweet, heartfelt song!! I'm sure she'll love it! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Well, you old romantic, Alyn!

A very unpretentious love song - simple and honest and to the point. Nicely done my friend.

Just this time I'm going to disagree with Greg (who's opinion I respect and usually share) and say that I think it works well with just the straightforward piano. I think strings might make it just a bit too sentimental.

Will there be a sequel?

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi there Alyn,

Very nice to hear your romantic side for a change laugh
Honest and straightforward, well done!

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Up lifting and warm tune.
Sounds like you used some loops in the intro.
Great story.
Rob.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
man, the forum is filling up with love songs this week!

If those words are sincere and not just an exercise in song writing, I wish you all the best luck in getting that old fire rekindled!

All I ask is that you don't let her keep you from the forum

(Please keep us posted)

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Greg,
Quote:
I didn't know you did this style
you wait until you hear me "In da funk" LOL
I had tried the song with bass and some strings but they seemed to interfere with the mood, if that makes sense. There is a small studio type reverb on the vocal, I shall re-evaluate the mix.

thanks for listening

ROG
Quote:
you old romantic
Yup that's one version of me LOL.
I wanted to song to sound a bit plaintiff as if I was playing ALL the piano parts myself, and she was sitting on the stool next to me. blush

I too hope there will be a sequel but it is back to SKYPE at the moment.
So glad you enjoyed

Rob and Anne Marie

Quote:
Very nice to hear your romantic side for a change laugh
Honest and straightforward, well done!
I haven't recently had the need to be romantic until I re-met her. It was strange that we both remembered so much, and different things, about our 3 year romance in the 70's.
I don't remember what I had for lunch, in fact who cares grin

I just hope she doesn't think I have turned into a soppy old git LOL

ALyn

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Rob
Quote:
Sounds like you used some loops in the intro.
Nope that tinkly noise was in the M1 pad and was the reason I used it but don't ask why LOL
Glad you enjoyed

Pat

Quote:
If those words are sincere and not just an exercise in song writing, I wish you all the best luck in getting that old fire rekindled!
All I ask is that you don't let her keep you from the forum

All my songs have a story behind them, apart from I suppose 2 or 3. I write songs to escape from life but my life is in the songs. She was the subject of many songs I wrote in the late 70's, and she broke my heart when she left me cry laugh
I mean every word I sing in this song.

We intend to SKYPE before the week is out and I look forward to that!

thanks for listening and commenting

Alyn

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Alyn. Really enjoy the piano and the gentle sincerity.
Very clean and clear. Nice one. Cheers.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
man, the forum is filling up with love songs this week!

Quote:
All my songs have a story behind them, apart from I suppose 2 or 3. I write songs to escape from life but my life is in the songs. ...
I mean every word I sing in this song.

Alyn

@Pat ... Spring is all over the place!!!

Alyn,
That, to me, is the way to write songs too. Sharing emotions by writing about, or around life.
This song is fragile, emotional, honest, clear...

Like the subtile doubling on "the same as I do..."
Good vocals; you tell the story!
Piano is beautiful, the background is creative and well done.

I do think I hear a "stitch" around 1:17
but that was after the 5th listen smile

L O V E D it!!

Fred

Last edited by FredM; 03/18/15 12:18 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Well, you old romantic, Alyn!

A very unpretentious love song - simple and honest and to the point. Nicely done my friend.

I think it works well with just the straightforward piano. I think strings might make it just a bit too sentimental.

ROG said it well. I agree. A nice write - right to the matter...

You opened my eyes to the piano RT by the chord changes you used - very nice! - very much along the lines of what piano-playing songwriters use (which you are, of course). It had a Carole King feel/sound to it (which must be what the RT was aimed at - I had not realized that before - so thanks for that - the eye-opening part...)

Terrific post.

floyd

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
"I wanted to song to sound a bit plaintiff as if I was playing ALL the piano parts myself, and she was sitting on the stool next to me."

That was the image in my head as I listened. Great write and performance.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You got my curiosity aroused now, Alyn... there's so much good stuff happening in your life now... meeting this girl again... getting approached by the guys who might benefit you musically ...

did you strike a deal with the devil or something? Your soul in exchange for a long string of things going well??

I ask because for the rest of us, we don't generally get extended periods of "wow! That worked out well!"

(but seriously, glad to see it when it happens!)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alyn,

a very romantic song. That piano is the right fit.
I like the melody part very much.
Thanks for the background story.

Guenter

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Fred
Quote:
That, to me, is the way to write songs too. Sharing emotions by writing about, or around life.
This song is fragile, emotional, honest, clear...

Like the subtile doubling on "the same as I do..."
Good vocals; you tell the story!
Piano is beautiful, the background is creative and well done.

I do think I hear a "stitch" around 1:17 etc....

Weird re the "stitch" as the piano and the vocals were one take. No cut and splicing on either.

As Percy Bysshe Shellee once wrote:
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory;

Thanks a lot for the kind comments

floyd

Quote:
You opened my eyes to the piano RT by the chord changes you used - very nice! - very much along the lines of what piano-playing songwriters use (which you are, of course). It had a Carole King feel/sound to it (which must be what the RT was aimed at - I had not realized that before - so thanks for that - the eye-opening part...)

I opened my eyes also just after the 1st generate of the RT. I was beginning to think I would have to play the piano cry crazy myself and then BAM!!
I am so happy your eyes are now open grin and this is a good example of why I like to see the RTs other people use, for the same reason as you!

Thanks for "Terrific", glad you enjoyed

Alyn

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Charlie
Quote:
That was the image in my head as I listened. Great write and performance.

That poet fella Shelley had it right. (as in my thanks to Fred)I have to thank Mr Google for that quote as well. grin
Thank you for the
Quote:
Great write and performance.

Pat
Quote:
You got my curiosity aroused now, Alyn... there's so much good stuff happening in your life now......
did you strike a deal with the devil or something? Your soul in exchange for a long string of things going well??
1st: I will adjust the last 2 sentences for use in real life if you don't mind. 2nd: A Devil took my soul to feather his nest in 1998 and I am now a Whistleblower but he gave me nothing in return and to continue the analogy payment is well overdue!
An amazing coincidence: You live in Winston-Salem and I have a print of SALEM above the stairs, and so see it every day. In it some people say they see the face of the devil and so many interpretations of the painting exist.My father, a lay welsh speaking preacher, said it depicted the hidden devil in some Welshmen. a pious front, but underneath..... I could never see the face as a kid but many years ago it almost jumped out of the painting. Am I perceiving something random as significant?
Come to think of it I got my first copy of BIAB at around that time, I think, so maybe that was the payment laugh grin

thanks for those thoughts

Guenter

Quote:
a very romantic song. That piano is the right fit.
I like the melody part very much.
Thanks for the background story.

Thank you for the praise

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

Love the contrast of your voice and the solo piano. Excellent - really enjoyed this.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Short but sweet. We liked the
sparse arrangement. Really
pretty piano and great tone.

It would make a wonderful
video.

We much enjoyed the listen!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool tune.

I'm glad (I think) that this worked out for you with her....

I'm reminded of the country song "Thank God for unanswered prayers"....

When I was at my high school reunion, that song kept playing in my head....and yeah, I was thanking God he hadn't answered my prayers back then.... he knows what's best for us.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn, Nice write and what great chord changes! A very heartfelt delivery of a personal message. Great job! Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195