B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Just installed BIAB 2015.
Want to do some serious work now.

But when I select the piano track to substitute organ, only two choices are showing. No Jazz organ real tracks.
I see them in my folders outside of BIAB though.

Any ideas?

TIA

BIABguy
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
I click on Rebuild and Fix and I get:

"There are still 81 RealTracks ST2/XT2 files not found.
etc. etc.
Would you like to specify another folder that has BB in it to look for the missing RealTracks? "

I have BIAB 2015 installed in e:\BIAB2015
I have RealDrums in BIAB-Real\Drums
I have RealTracks in BIAB-Real\RealTracks

Any suggestions?

Last edited by BIABguy; 03/22/15 02:09 PM.

BIABguy
B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Now I get:

"733 RealTracks have r*.st2 files in the BB folder, but no realtracks in the folder E:\BIAB-Real\RealTracks\
Either install RealTracks again, or point to correct RT folder in RT settings. Then press Rebuild button to re-build list. " mad

Last edited by BIABguy; 03/22/15 02:23 PM.

BIABguy
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BIABguy

I have BIAB 2015 installed in e:\BIAB2015 No. Try e:\BB or e:\BIAB2015\BB
I have RealDrums in BIAB-Real\Drums No. Try e:\BB\Drums or e:\BIAB2015\BB\Drums
I have RealTracks in BIAB-Real\RealTracks No. Try e:BB\RealTracks or E:\BIAB2015\bb\RealTracks

Which package did you purchase?

When you purchase Band-in-a-Box you purchase one of five packages. Each package contains some essential items such as the Band-in-a-Box program but different audio and video program accessories.

The ProPak and MegaPak include some, but not all, of the audio accessories. Many consider these packages to be introductory and sampler packages.

The UltraPlusPak contains ALL the audio accessories. Many consider this to be the most popular package and the baseline since all the audio goodies are included.

The EverythingPak contains all the audio accessories, midi songs and lessons and many video tutorials.

The Audiophile Edition includes all the above. The difference is the RealTracks and RealDrums audio files are uncompressed.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
[quote=BIABguy]

I have BIAB 2015 installed in e:\BIAB2015 No. Try e:\BB or e:\BIAB2015\BB
I have RealDrums in BIAB-Real\Drums No. Try e:\BB\Drums or e:\BIAB2015\BB\Drums
I have RealTracks in BIAB-Real\RealTracks No. Try e:BB\RealTracks or E:\BIAB2015\bb\RealTracks

Thanks for helping out Jim!

You mean you are not allowed to install BIAB in any folder you wish? Seriously?

Well before you replied I made a concession.
I moved my RealDrums to BIAB2015/Drums
and my RealTracks to BIAB2015/RealTracks

But you are saying that still isn't good enough?

Quote:

Which package did you purchase?

I purchased the Upgrade+

BIABguy
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff

You say :

"I have RealTracks in BIAB-Real\RealTracks "

But BiaB tells you that isn't corect, and that no real tracks are in that folder. You didn't inckude the e:\ drive name above, so I'm assuming that it is e:\BIAB-Real\RealTracks that you are talking about

Here is where BiaB tells you that no RT are in that folder.

"733 RealTracks have r*.st2 files in the BB folder, but no realtracks in the folder E:\BIAB-Real\RealTracks\
Either install RealTracks again, or point to correct RT folder in RT settings.

So who is correct?

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

You say :

"I have RealTracks in BIAB-Real\RealTracks "

But BiaB tells you that isn't corect, and that no real tracks are in that folder. You didn't inckude the e:\ drive name above, so I'm assuming that it is e:\BIAB-Real\RealTracks that you are talking about

Here is where BiaB tells you that no RT are in that folder.

Either install RealTracks again, or point to correct RT folder in RT settings.

So who is correct?

Thanks for helping out Peter!

I know you are not trying to be funny, but I am getting really depressed about this now.

I moved folders and renamed things to please BIAB but it still isn't happy!

I went into Realtracks and Realdrums and assigned the correct folder for the files.

But I still get the
Either install RealTracks again, or point to correct RT folder in RT settings." message.

The message is now:
"733 RealTracks have r*.st2 files in the BB folder, but no realtracks in the folder E:\BIAB2015\RealTracks\
Either install RealTracks again, or point to correct RT folder in RT settings."

because I moved the files there to please BIAB.

I want to SCREAM !!!!! mad

BIABguy
B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
The .rt files that it talks about are sitting in e:\BIAB2015
The RealTrack files are sitting in e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks.

So why can't BIAB figure everything out???

BIABguy
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The .rt files that it talks about are sitting in e:\BIAB2015
The RealTrack files are sitting in e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks.

So why can't BIAB figure everything out???

It has figured out that there are no Realtracks folders in e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks
You have mentioned moving files there but you don't mention what files.

There should be Realtracks folders, not files. For example, please tell me a sample folder name that you have that starts with "guitar, acoustic" in your e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks folder.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Keep in mind that in your messages above, you refer to 2 different folders, so it sounds like you've been renaming folders. That could we'll be the cause of the problem,

So where are your Realtracks?
Here....
e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks.
Or here...
E:\BIAB-Real\RealTracks\

And have you told biab where they are in the Realtracks preferences dialog?

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
When you installed BIAB, which option did you select? Did you select to run the program locally and keep RealTracks/Drums on the external USB drive? Did you select to run everything locally? Did you install over a previous version of BIAB? And as was asked earlier, which package did you purchase (BIAB Pro, MegaPak, PlusPak, UltraPlusPak, EverythingPak)?

You haven't deleted anything yet, have you? Hopefully just moved them around, so once everything gets to the right place, it should work.

Answering these will help us solve your problem without having to scream.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B

It has figured out that there are no Realtracks folders in e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks
You have mentioned moving files there but you don't mention what files.

There should be Realtracks folders, not files. For example, please tell me a sample folder name that you have that starts with "guitar, acoustic" in your e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks folder.

There ARE Realtracks folders in e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks

Here is just one of *dozens* of folders, (Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120)

BIABguy
B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Keep in mind that in your messages above, you refer to 2 different folders, so it sounds like you've been renaming folders. That could we'll be the cause of the problem,

So where are your Realtracks?
Here....
e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks.
Or here...
E:\BIAB-Real\RealTracks\

They are here:
e:\BIAB2015\Realtracks

Quote:

And have you told biab where they are in the Realtracks preferences dialog?

Yes I have.

BIABguy
B
BIABguy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Thanks for your help jford!

Originally Posted By: jford
When you installed BIAB, which option did you select? Did you select to run the program locally and keep RealTracks/Drums on the external USB drive?

I don't recall seeing that option.
I did not tell BIAB to keep RT/Drums on an external drive.
But at the same time, I have been running BIAB from two separate partitions/folders for years.

For years I was running the bbw.exe from c: and the RT files from an e: folder.

For the past few years I have been running bbw.exe from an e: folder and the RT files from a DIFFERENT e: folder.

Quote:

Did you select to run everything locally?

Locally as in not using an external hard drive, YES.

Quote:

Did you install over a previous version of BIAB?

No, I wanted to preserve my BIAB2011 version, just in case there were problems.

Quote:

And as was asked earlier, which package did you purchase (BIAB Pro, MegaPak, PlusPak, UltraPlusPak, EverythingPak)?

BIAB Pro.

Quote:

You haven't deleted anything yet, have you? Hopefully just moved them around, so once everything gets to the right place, it should work.

No, nothing has been deleted yet.

BIABguy
Veteran
Veteran
This thread is confusing, but I'll take a guess.

You just said you purchased BIAB 2015 Pro version. This comes with rather few RealTracks (maybe about 20 or so, as listed on the PG Music website under that package). Is it possible you had a version of BIAB 2011 with more RealTracks, and these are the ones you seek? If so, you should have installed 2015 over your existing 2011, instead of a different location as you stated. [This is safe, since BIAB makes a backup of your existing files.]

Otherwise, I hope you are comfortable copying files from one folder to another to construct a new working combination. If not, then I suggest calling PG Music Support during their business hours, and if necessary they can even remotely connect to your computer to help you sort this out.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
As Matt said, BIAB Pro only comes with a limited number of RealTracks. Which version of BIAB 2011 do you have?

I think the answer in the end is to re-install BIAB on top of your 2011 installation to preserve everything you already had, plus anything new you got with 2015.

I would make a copy of my current BIAB 2011 folder first either to your computer hard drive or to an external USB drive. That way, you can always get back to it if you need to.

I assume you received BIAB Pro on DVD disks. You can then run the installation routine to install BIAB on top of BIAB 2011. That will preserve all styles, RealTracks, RealDrums, etc you previously had, and then install any of the new stuff.

Once you are satisfied with what you have, you can get rid or your errant installation.

I noticed that the BIAB 2015 ProPak does come with two B3 Organ RealTracks; so you should be able to use those.

Also, I don't have the installation DVD for BIAB ProPak; however, make sure you select everything to install and pay attention to where you said to install.

Also, when you run the installation program, it will ask you for the parent folder of the RealTracks and RealDrums locations (for example, C:\BB); however, after you finish installation, from within the program, you have to tell BIAB that your RealTracks are located in C:\BB\RealTracks and RealDrums are located in C:\BB\Drums. That can be a point of confusion for some people, especially if you choose a different location for your Real instruments.

For example, on my computer, I install my Real instruments to "D:\AppsData\Sounds\PGMusic\Real"; however, when I set up BIAB, I have to tell it to set the RealTracks folder to "D:\AppsData\Sounds\PGMusic\Real\RealTracks" and the RealDrums folder to "D:\APpsData\Sounds\PGMusic\Real\Drums".

As Matt said, BIAB Pro, only comes with a handful of RealTracks and styles. It's basically the package to get you into using BIAB, but if you want to do serious music making, you should seriously consider upgrading to one of the other packages. Otherwise, you're going to find frustration when you try to use a style for which you might have one or two instruments, but not all the instruments defined in the style and have to go looking for limited substitutes.

You may already know this, but to give you a sense:

BIAB Pro comes with about 200 RealTracks (RealTracks and RealDrums combined); however, the MegaPak comes with about 460 RealTracks and the UltraPlusPak and EverythingPak comes with about 1800 RealTracks.

BIAB Pro comes with about 600 MIDI styles; however the MegaPak, UltraPlusPak, and EverythingPak all come with over 2000 MIDI styles.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
"But when I select the piano track to substitute organ, only two choices are showing. No Jazz organ real tracks."

From your report, Biab is finding these Realtracks in the folder that you have specified, but the issue is that you are expecting more than two organ Realtracks. Are these jazz organ Realtracks in your Realtracks fokder, and if not, how do you expect Biab to find them?

You have made this comment " No Jazz organ real tracks.
I see them in my folders outside of BIAB though."

Does your Realtracks folder have these jazz organ Realtracks or not?

If you upgraded, but decided to preserve your old installation, instead of the intended process of overwriting(and adding to) the old version, then all of these issues would be expected to occur, because the update doesn't include all of the old files that you bought before. So you would need to add those old Realtracks folders in.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200