You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#87275 - 10/05/10 02:29 PM [User Showcase] How I practice with BiaB - a new song
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

There has been some talk about jazz on Kara-Moon so I thought I would show them how I’m practicing jazz with Band-in-a-Box.. I brought the song Sentimental Journey into Band-in-a Box and regenerated it using RealTracks in the Jazz Swing Style. I brought the tracks into Sonar and eliminated the melody and played a different melody so I could post it. This is basically one pass with just a couple of measure’s punch ins and outs to replay some sloppy timing parts. I only did that because I knew I was going to post it; normally when I practice I don’t post. Total time from start to finish was two and a half hours.

So the drums, piano and bass are Band-in-a-Box backing tracks and I’m playing the guitar. I call the song Taking a Journey

I hope you like it for what it is.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#87276 - 10/05/10 08:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: How I practice with BiaB - a new song [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Without your introduction, I'd have never known the chords came from Sentimental Journey. Great way to get ideas for new songs!

#87277 - 10/06/10 10:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I practice with BiaB - a new song [Re: Pat Marr]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Thanx Pat.

When I usually practice I’ll take a song and repeat it 3-5 times. The first and last time I’ll play the melody. I’ll jam the other choruses.

Thanx for listening.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

PG Music News
Polish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Istnieje wiele ekscytujących nowych funkcji w Band-in-a-Box 2019!

Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019: Pakiety
Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019 dla Windows : Nowych Funkcji

Spanish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 para Windows® está aquí!

Nuevas características
Todos los Paquetes

Video - Repeats & Endings Dialog Overview for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, video we go over the Repeats & Endings Dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Learn more...

This video includes information on repeats, 1st/2nd endings, dc al coda, ds al coda, dc al fine, ds al fine, and Fake Sheet Mode.

Testimonial - Woody Piano Shack's Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box®

Check out our latest Video Testimonial from Woody of Woody Piano Shack! Woody uses Band-in-a-Box primarily as a training tool within his YouTube channel and private lessons. He's been a Band-in-a-Box user since the Atari ST days, and is very impressed with the evolution of our program - watch and you'll see! Click here...

Video - Audio Harmony Overview in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

We've updated our Audio Harmony Overview video using the latest Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Windows program! Watch now...

Learn even more about Audio Harmonies using the Online Manual, here.

Danish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 til Windows® er klar!

Pakker
Nye funktioner

Dutch Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 voor Windows® is hier!

Pakketten
Nieuwe Functies

Forum Stats
29496 Members
60 Forums
58133 Topics
488342 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Emily, Tigz, Pauldordt, cptnzod, Carl the Mac man

29495 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)