Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"I’ll help you with the other one, it’ll be easy
All you gotta do is stay away from me"

HA! Love that line! And the super catchy chorus - every time I listen to this it sticks in my head for hours. A solid write.

Stellar mix. Nice tight band. Cool guitar work from the boy from Naples... Janice shines - of course.

(Thanks for letting me be a small part of this)

floyd

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
What's not to enjoy about the PG music All-star band: authoritative axe by Tommyad, killer vocal by Janice, sweet harmonies by FJ, and a fun write. It's all here in this sweet treat!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
You guys make such a great team.
Great story,great music, great vocals.
Thank you one and all.
Rob.

Thanks Rob. We are happy that you liked this somewhat different production.

J&B

Originally Posted By: boehm
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Janice, Bud, Tommy, Floyd: Well, not much more to say than another great number.
Harmonies, style, lead breaks, mix and more: All wonderfully put together. Really enjoyed the number.

I especially like Tommy's unconventional lead and Janice's "pitch bends".

Guenter

"....Janice's "pitch bends" Very cool and thoughtful of you to mention that Guenter wink We appreciate you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: JosieC
So many cool songs to listen to so little time. So glad I am taking time out to listen to this wonderful collaboration. Good job guys.

Thanks Joanne!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A LOT has already been said. I do like this song. Someone(s)...is there a plural of someONE...knows what they are doing! VERY cool!

And that guitar! I find myself listening to that over and over. I dig it!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
All,

Loved it! Bluesy country with a very cool groove... Excellent!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there Janice & Bud + Tom & Floyd.

Great song.

Super performance from Janice, as usual.

I liked the way you managed to work in some rock and blues and yet still retain a country feel to this one.

Very professional all round. Well done team.

ROG.

Thank you ROG. As Bud says "you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl!"

Janice

Originally Posted By: gibson
Janice, Bud, floyd and Tom,

I like the harmonies for "made it from the get go etc" yeh, very much!

nice "off the wall" solo, Tom.

Young Janice makes singing sound so easy, as usual!!

All in all a great JBfT production!!

Alyn

Thanks Alyn! Oh if Janice and I were really young. I'm likely one of the oldest members on this board....but I my 12 years younger wife is the eternal child. As she says "never grow up -- it's a trap!"

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice, Bud, Tommy, floyd!

Yep! It worked for me all the way from the intro to the outro. This is definitely showcase collaboration material at its absolute best. If this song was a colour, it would have to be 'sparkling gold'; no question about it. Also, congratulations on coming up with such a great hook!

My favourite rhyme was bridge/baggage. After I heard it, I sat here thinking, "I wonder why can't I think of rhymes like that. That's really good." Immediately after that thought swept through my head, I found myself wondering how bridge/garbage would have worked in the same place. I didn't ponder that for too long, though, because then I refocused on the song smile It's such an excellent musical journey that you've all created. And so very well presented in every way - Janice's and floyd's vocals, Tommy's guitar work, and Buds arranging and mixing.

"BIAB made me do it"!!!! LOL. Ain't that the truth. So many genres of composing possibilities and so few hours in a day.

OK ... I'm heading back for my fifth listen now!

All the best to everyone,
Noel

Thanks Noel. We always enjoy hearing from you and having you complement a lyric is very meaningful to us. BiaB + collabs equals a heckuva lot of musical joy!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: FredM
Originally Posted By: boehm
[quote=VideoTrack]
I especially like Tommy's unconventional lead and Janice's "pitch bends".

Guenter

Rock and Roooooooll ☺

This is a genre I grew up with and you have nailed this one. Great solo from you, Tom, Janice... You sing with an attitude, Floyd, vocals match better than ever. Bud... Great production, great song.

My respect for the fab four V2 ☺

Fred

Thank you Fred. Bud worked hard to get the "attitude" feel from me. It's not "really me" but it was fun!

Janice

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Thanks to everyone who commented on the wild guitar lead. I was having trouble with the fact that it was so unconventional, but Janice straightened me out by explaining that it mirrored the singers emotions. I also would like to bring attention to the arrangement where Bud used snare in the verses and side stick in the choruses which is very unconventional but worked perfectly. Great job on the lead and background vocals and thanks for the opportunity to participate. Tom

Thanks Tom. I used the stick on the refrain because I wanted something soft to let the vocals a carry the hook. I'd have preferred a shaker but couldn't find one I liked. Thanks again for that guitar. It wouldn't have worked without it.

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"I’ll help you with the other one, it’ll be easy
All you gotta do is stay away from me"

HA! Love that line! And the super catchy chorus - every time I listen to this it sticks in my head for hours. A solid write.

Stellar mix. Nice tight band. Cool guitar work from the boy from Naples... Janice shines - of course.

(Thanks for letting me be a small part of this)

floyd

Thanks floyd and that harmony was more than a small part!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
What's not to enjoy about the PG music All-star band: authoritative axe by Tommyad, killer vocal by Janice, sweet harmonies by FJ, and a fun write. It's all here in this sweet treat!! Take care. Greg

We appreciate your comments big time Greg. Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
A LOT has already been said. I do like this song. Someone(s)...is there a plural of someONE...knows what they are doing! VERY cool!

And that guitar! I find myself listening to that over and over. I dig it!

Thanks!! Glad it worked for you -- it was fun.

J&B

Originally Posted By: rsdean
All,

Loved it! Bluesy country with a very cool groove... Excellent!

Bob

Thanks Bob!

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195