Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
MISSING YOU

Howdy all, here's our first J&B new song post in over a month...but we sure have been having fun with collabs!

Recently Lawrence (Gruverider) kindly let us interpret one of his songs. The version he sent us was so pretty that it was a bit intimidating to tackle an arrangement but we decided to give it our best effort. After putting together and auditioning five completely different BiaB bands this is where we landed. We trust we did it justice.

This is my first effort at a “lyric video” and there are definitely some things I’ll do differently the next time. I shot several photos of Janice for the recent collab with Joanne and this was a rare one where Janice wasn’t smiling. smile It fit the mood for this song but all my others of her, even older ones, have her signature big smile. So I had to go with one photo. What the heck.

We most welcome you watching/listening and commenting. There is an audio only link at the bottom of the page.

Vocal: Janice/Rodes NT1/Blue Icicle USB/Logic Pro X
Bass: 712 Acoustic Bossa Simple Version (with some note tweaking)
RD: N'ville 8th (sticks)
Guitar R 1: 2051 Acoustic Fingerpicking
Guitar R 2: RT 365 Acoustic Fingerpicking
Fiddle R: RT 1760 Background Pop
Fiddle L: RT 2028 Solo Country
Accordion: RT 1757 Rhythm Pop
All effects and mastering: Ozone 6 and Nectar 2
Video: iMovie

MISSING YOU
© 2015 LAWRENCE OLIVIER

I’VE GOT A HEADACHE POUNDING LIKE PROBLEMS UNRESOLVED
MY EYES ARE BLEARY MY MOUTH IS DRY AS SALT
AND SCENES FROM LAST NIGHT ARE STARTING TO COME THROUGH
AND I’M ALREADY MISSING YOU

I DRANK TO HAPPINESS THEN I DRANK TO EXCESS
SWEAR I’M SORRY LOVE FOR GETTING US IN THIS MESS
FOOLISHNESS AND SELFISHNESS GOT NO PLACE IN LOVE’S BREW

TURNAROUND

SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY WHEN YOU TOOK ME BY THE HAND
SAID I WAS YOUR WOMAN ’N IF I WERE SMART I’D LET YOU BE MY MAN
I GUESS FATES GONNA HAVE IT’S WAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO

BRIDGE
WE BREAK OUR PROMISES WE BREAK EACH OTHER’S HEARTS
THEN WE ACT LIKE WE DON’T CARE
WE BREAK THE WORLD YES, WE’RE TEARING IT IN TWO
AND I BROKE ME RIGHT AFTER I BROKE YOU

SO HERE’S MY STORY AND IF I DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START
START IT IN GLORY END IT UP IN BROKEN HEARTS
I FEEL LIKE CRYING BUT WHO WOULD I CRY TO
SO I’LL JUST SIT HERE MISSING YOU

I’LL BE FOREVER MISSING YOU

AUDIO LINK: MISSING YOU

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, Bud and Lawrence.
This is just terrific. Terrific write, terrific vocals and terrific production. Loved it.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi J&B/Lawrence,

A great write it is. So is the interpretation. We already commented on this song on soundcloud.
The writing video works for us. In our opinion some more pictures could have been inserted, but this surely is a pretty one!

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
A great song and interpretation by Janice
and very competent production by Bud.
All sorts of interesting things happen on this forum.
Cheers.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JosieC
This is just terrific. Terrific write, terrific vocals and terrific production. Loved it.

Thanks! Glad you liked it. And thanks for inspiring me to take some photos smile

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice & Bud,

This is an outstanding version of Lawrence's song. Excellent arrangement and beautiful delivery by Janice. And I love the lyric video - so well done!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi J&B/Lawrence,

A great write it is. So is the interpretation. We already commented on this song on soundcloud.
The writing video works for us. In our opinion some more pictures could have been inserted, but this surely is a pretty one!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Thank you! If I were to do it over I'd put a picture of a pond or spring during the ripple effect while the fiddle takes the solo. More pix of Janice would have been good but I don't have anymore that are sad or contemplative. I'm gonna keep at the lyric video thing and hopefully improve. You guys have set such a high standard for videos that I can only dream.

We appreciate y'all.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
A great song and interpretation by Janice
and very competent production by Bud.
All sorts of interesting things happen on this forum.
Cheers.

It is interesting for sure. Thanks!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A brilliant song and fab production Janice and Bud, love it.

Janice, as they say on the uk X-Factor you have made this song your own.

Video works great as well, everything about this is so professional.

great listen,

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
With a song by Lawrence and a vocal by Janice, I knew it would be great. And IT WAS!! Really nicely done. I love the longing and heartbreak in the lyrics, and Janice delivers beautifully. Arrangement and mix are great. Enjoyed very much!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
A beautiful song, and very nicely performed and produced.

Quite enjoyable, indeed!

Thanks for the music,
Dan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice & Bud,

This is an outstanding version of Lawrence's song. Excellent arrangement and beautiful delivery by Janice. And I love the lyric video - so well done!

Bob

Thank you so much Bob!

J&B

Originally Posted By: musiclover
A brilliant song and fab production Janice and Bud, love it.

Janice, as they say on the uk X-Factor you have made this song your own.

Video works great as well, everything about this is so professional.

great listen,

Musiclover

Thank you for listening, watching and for the kind remarks!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent interpretation.

Very interesting arrangement and selection of instruments. Janice sounds as though she is pouring her heart out.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent all round as usual.
Lovely lyrics beautifully interpenetrated.
Top marks to all on this one.
Rob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
We trust we did it justice.

YUP you did
Great write by Lawrence and superb interpretation by Janice's vocals.
Damn she has a nice voice and vocal technique, wish I could sing like she does frown

excellent as I expected from you 2

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful. Every aspect.

The write. Beautiful.

The arrangement and instrumentation and mix. Beautiful.

Vocal (do I need to say it?) - Beautiful.

The video is just what a lyric video ought to be. Show the lyric to the song without getting in the way of hearing the music. A single picture is all you need - any more would take your attention from the write, the music, the singing - the song.

Great combination.

Beautiful.

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
With a song by Lawrence and a vocal by Janice, I knew it would be great. And IT WAS!! Really nicely done. I love the longing and heartbreak in the lyrics, and Janice delivers beautifully. Arrangement and mix are great. Enjoyed very much!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg. I'm admittedly biased but I did think Janice's vocal would peel the paint right off your heart.

Bud

Originally Posted By: big741
A beautiful song, and very nicely performed and produced.

Quite enjoyable, indeed!

Thanks for the music,
Dan

Thank you Dan for listening and commenting. We appreciate it.

Bud

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: JosieC

Me too. Plus #1 from me. Great arrangement and production.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J & B & L, A terrific project. Great mix and a great write. A vocal that is among your best. This is pro quality from every angle. Nothing more than downright excellent. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice presentation from start to finish! I love the photo of Janice! Even when she doesn't smile with her mouth, she smiles with her eyes! That's the perfect cover for her next album... (hint hint)

aside: JUMPSTART can provide crowd funding to cover studio costs for talented artists who don't have deep pockets. Just sayin'.

Janice could sing the phone book and it would melt my heart... but when she teams up with a song writer of Lawrence's ability, it really sparkles! Every verse had a clever line... my favorite being " I drank to happiness, then I drank to excess..." that's downright inspired!

I'd never seen the format you used for the video.. with a photo on the right accompanied by a verse at a time on the left, presented in a matching font! Now that was artsy!

And I also really like the idea of reinterpreting the songs of others on the forum. It brings a newness to a song when somebody else presents it in a different style.

What can I say? Lawrence is one of my very favorite forum song writers, Bud always has he magic production touch and Janice is one of my favorite singers... that was a total pleasure! Thanks to everyone involved!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195