Page 2 of 2 1 2
tommyad #294231 05/05/15 03:49 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I found myself thinking of Tom Petty each time
I listened to this. So I get ready to respond,
read the thread, and see that floyd has already
mentioned it. So maybe I'm validated :-)

The mix is outstanding and you sing and play
the heck out of it so keep that engine
running...it ain't wore out.

Terrific.

J&B

boehm #294276 05/05/15 12:45 PM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Love the whole song Tom and think the drums are extra good.
I don't think the engine is quite worn out yet!
Cheers.
Richard, I have been spending more time lately getting the drum sound where I want it. Glad you noticed and glad you liked it. Tom
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is a good one. Good write, mix, arrangement and production. It fits your vocal style nicely and the guitar playing is stellar.
Enjoyed my listen.

Big +1 from me.

Guenter
Guenter, thanks for listening and commenting. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Love it! Great melodic hooks with those guitar licks. Very catchy melody. The lyrics - love the even and leavin rhyme with the modern melodic phrasing - lots of cool rhymes in there with only one (drop down turnaround) that is a bit cliché but not a deal breaker. The drive straight into the chorus ramps up the energy. Indie rock with a great Costello vibe. Vocals are terrific too. Hooky hooky hooky - this is how it's done.

A+ my favorite of your rockers.

Josie
Josie, I almost gave up on this one just because of that cliche. I just couldn't seem to come up with a replacement line, so I just went with it. Thanks for the great review! I am flattered. Tom
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Great song and guitar playing Tom!
Peter, Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I sincerely appreciate it. Also a big thank you for creating and continuing to improve this amazing program that has touched so many lives. Tom

PatrickH #294329 05/06/15 03:15 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Another fine rocker Tom. I would like some more detail - Guitar (I'm thinking Strat)/ Amp / Effects / Signal path....

Regards,

Bob

Bob, Thanks for the comments. I used Scuffham Amps S-Gear. The preset was Vintage Mod Delays. the guitar was an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul. For electric guitars I always record direct. For acoustic guitar I mike it. For steel guitar I mike it through a 69 Fender Deluxe. I stopped playing live a few years ago, but I always used a Voodoo Labs sparkle drive. It is like a dirty amp on one side and a clean boost on the other that you can dial in a great mix. Essentially like the old two amp method using one amp. I thought that may be of some interest to you. Thanks again. Tom
Originally Posted By: big741
I enjoyed the heck out of this tune. smile

Liked the guitar work, too.

Thanks for the music,
Dan
Dan, Thanks for stopping by and giving a listen. Tom
Originally Posted By: nobilis
Tom,
You picked a great groove for the song. The guitar lines were great. I can imagine another guitar harmony line ( like you did on the vocals). Thoroughly enjoyed.
Patrick, That is a good idea about the two guitars. I may try to twin something in the future. Thanks, Tom

floyd jane #294390 05/06/15 12:00 PM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom,

Quote:
Drop down turnaround look where we’re at
Have to disagree, in a small way, with Josie (Sundance) I like that phrase.

Your voice sounds a bit different on this, still good tho' but different somehow, Your guitar, as always, shines cool

[quote]Wanting more and never ever having quite enough
sounds like me and guitars grin

Great song, solid write.

Alyn
ps Herb (Guitarhacker) has a good ear doesn't he?

Alyn, you're right the voice is processed completely different than my normal settings. I turned up the saturation. Just continuing to experiment. Thanks for your kind words and yes Herb has an amazing ear. Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 05/06/15 12:05 PM.
floyd jane #294392 05/06/15 12:06 PM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

SUPER groove on this. The perfect combination of drums, bass and guitar - just the right amount of each. As the verse fell into the chorus I thought I was listening to the Heartbreakers...

One of the best snare sounds I've heard on the forum.

The TP feel continued throughout. Catchy in the same ways that a Petty song is - the combination of the words and music/rhythm and vocal added together and cannot be separated. The guitar under the chorus is nice. Excellent mix - almost forgot to say that - it has become a given...

An excellent rock write. A great listen. Can't get it out of my head...

floyd

floyd, Love me some Petty. Not consciously trying for his sound on this one though. The drums went through many different iterations of EQ until I got them there. Glad you noticed. I probably spent more time on the drums than I ever have before. Thanks for your continued support. Tom

tommyad #294396 05/06/15 01:23 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent song Tom, vocals and....oh what the heck, everything is excellent! Now when I listen to any of the songs written and performed by any of you guys makes me support even mote Pete's idea of a BIB radio station. So much talent around!

Later

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
tommyad #294444 05/07/15 03:09 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tommy.

Yeah, that chorus is pure Tom Petty.

I just loved everything about this song.

It has to be one of your very best.

Everything working together and exactly as it should.

Brilliant.

ROG.

RnAM #294483 05/07/15 11:32 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Big sound on this song.

Excellent lyrics. Clever song writing.
Jim, Thanks so much for your kind words. I appreciate hearing from you. Tom
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hello Tom,

we almost missed this laugh It sounds a bit like Huey Lewis and the news.
Steady rock and very melodic!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Rob, Now that you mention it I also am hearing a little Huey Lewis in there. Thanks, Tom

ROG #294662 05/09/15 05:26 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I found myself thinking of Tom Petty each time
I listened to this. So I get ready to respond,
read the thread, and see that floyd has already
mentioned it. So maybe I'm validated :-)

The mix is outstanding and you sing and play
the heck out of it so keep that engine
running...it ain't wore out.

Terrific.

J&B
J&B, Thanks guys. glad you liked it. Tom
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Excellent song Tom, vocals and....oh what the heck, everything is excellent! Now when I listen to any of the songs written and performed by any of you guys makes me support even mote Pete's idea of a BIB radio station. So much talent around!

Later

Mike B.
Mike, Thanks for the nice words. Tom
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Tommy.

Yeah, that chorus is pure Tom Petty.

I just loved everything about this song.

It has to be one of your very best.

Everything working together and exactly as it should.

Brilliant.

ROG.
ROG, I always enjoy your comments as well as your songs. Thanks, Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195