Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#337986 - 02/24/16 04:15 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Using BIAB live [Re: lambada]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Agree. I think BIAB was a bit louder than it sounded, in retrospect, it was too quiet so I'll bring the mix up next time. It's a shame cos BIAB sounds great (sigh).

Yes, re the video, I didn't want people tripping over it as I was near the entrance. I sort of sound checked but the room was empty and I should have been more thorough or had the experience to know what to look out for. To be honest loosing the guitar strap really stuffed up the timing of several things! cry

I'll start a regular show on a weeknight in a local bar or pub to fine tune that side of things. grin
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#338002 - 02/24/16 08:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Using BIAB live [Re: lambada]
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

Played a live gig today on guitar and vocals with BIAB 2016. First time in a couple of years, since I had switched to gigging with arranger keyboards. Got another job tomorrow using BIAB. Today went well. A mixture of standards, country, and latin. Setup was BIAB on a laptop (Windows), running straight to a small Yamaha mixer, then to a pair of Bose L1 Compact speakers. Great clarity and fullness in the sound. No problems or complaints. Two big issues were apparent: one, the need for me to better mix/balance my tracks so that the volume levels are consistent across songs and styles. And, two, the need to have the capability of larger fonts (in bold) for the bar lyrics. If possible, I’d be willing to split the difference between lyric font size and size of the chord symbols within the given space that’s allowed.

#338010 - 02/25/16 02:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Using BIAB live [Re: J. Larry]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: J. Larry
... And, two, the need to have the capability of larger fonts (in bold) for the bar lyrics. If possible, I’d be willing to split the difference between lyric font size and size of the chord symbols within the given space that’s allowed.

What version of BiaB are you using? Some of these features are changeable in the 2016 version. Here's an example:

Attachments
2016-02-25_21-04-38.jpg

2016-02-25_21-03-26.jpg

BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#338015 - 02/25/16 02:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Using BIAB live [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Jenks, OK
1manband Offline
Apprentice

Will the change demonstrated above also change the font size on the "bar lyrics"? That was J. Larry's concern...

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz

#338045 - 02/25/16 08:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Using BIAB live [Re: lambada]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
A comment on sound systems. People have referred to Fender Passports, Mackie Thumps and the like. Those things are crap.

Why would someone spend good money on Biab with all the studio recorded RT's, good quality midi synths/samplers then use a cheapo sound system? That kills the whole thing.

The person who auditioned the QSC K10 and bought it has the right idea. Good sound isn't cheap so don't cheap out on it. It has to be the biggest part of your budget, not the smallest. You START with a good solid sound system first and go from there.

I'm also using a CPS Spacestation but not for one man band gigs, just for my keyboards. When I first got it the first thing I did at home was run some Biab songs through it and it sounded very nice. On the CPS website there are a ton of vids demoing that unit in small group situations and it sounds great. Another good possibility is EV powered PA speakers. I think those are very good for the money. I have the ELX112P and it also sounds great. The new series are ZLX I think. A pair of those is around $800 or so. Those and a GOOD mixer, again not some $100 cheap thing, can sound really good with Biab tracks.

Don't go bottom fishing with your sound system after all the time and effort you've spent on getting your tunes just right.

Bob
Biab/RB latest build, Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

#338051 - 02/25/16 08:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Using BIAB live [Re: jazzmammal]
1manband Offline
Apprentice

I completely agree with Bob on sound systems. If you want or need something lightweight that still sounds very good, I recommend the Bose systems. They come in 3 or 4 sizes now so you can get one as small or large as you need.

I have the original Bose L1 Classic with one subwoofer and it sounds excellent yet is compact to transport and won't hurt my back to lift any part of it. I have used Mackie and Peavey mixers with it and both sound good. I run BIAB, my guitar, and 4 vocals through the system and it has always had more than enough clean power and good distribution of sound throughout the room.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz

#338096 - 02/25/16 04:27 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Using BIAB live [Re: lambada]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: lambada
Agree. I think BIAB was a bit louder than it sounded, in retrospect, it was too quiet so I'll bring the mix up next time. It's a shame cos BIAB sounds great (sigh).

Yes, re the video, I didn't want people tripping over it as I was near the entrance. I sort of sound checked but the room was empty and I should have been more thorough or had the experience to know what to look out for. To be honest loosing the guitar strap really stuffed up the timing of several things! cry

I'll start a regular show on a weeknight in a local bar or pub to fine tune that side of things. grin

In the event you want to video future shows, to get the best audio sound, record the sound and video separately. It's quite easy to do and inexpensive. Separate recordings of the audio and video allows you much more flexibility in camera placement as will as the opportunity to use multiple video sources to edit your video with various camera angles. There are many good YouTube tutorials with step by step instructions to show you how to everything from setting up through burning your DVD.

#338115 - 02/25/16 08:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Using BIAB live [Re: lambada]
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

Video Track: I’m using BIAB 2016. I’ve got the chord fonts adjusted just fine. I think it was your postings that helped get that adjusted. It’s the size of the bar lyrics that’s the problem. I haven’t figured out if they can be increased in size, made bold, or whatever. I can change the color, but not the height of the horizontal box they appear in. Maybe it’s there and I’ve not found it as yet. I agree with others on the comments about the need for high quality speakers with BIAB. Like others, I’ve been through Peavey, Mackie, EV, and a host others over the years. Bose has worked out best for me. I really liked the larger L1 model; but, it just got too heavy for this senior player. So, I sold it and went with two Bose Compacts. They fit my needs better; but, the Compact doesn’t sound as good as the larger model. Guess we have to live with trade-offs. Some of the arranger keyboard players are singing the praises of the latest Maui 5 speaker system. It’s less costly than the Bose and some say it sounds better, with more features.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

Order your Hard Drive Upgrade during our special (ends Oct 15) and SAVE!

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2018: $149
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: $169

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ $569
Upgrade from Version 2018: $179
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: $199

Note: The difference between the UltraPAK and the UltraPAK+ is that the Songs & Lessons PAK is included in the UltraPAK+ package.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which ends October 15th), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Special Extended!

Customers LOVE the new Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019, so why would we end our special so soon?

The answer: We're not going to! We've extended our Xtra Styles PAK special to October 15th - so there's still time to add 164 new RealStyles to your collection for just $29!

In fact, we've put all of our earlier Xtra Styles PAKs (1-6) on sale for just $29 each until October 15th, and always offer specific genre for just $15 each.

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac New Features Video!

Want to learn all about the new features in our just-released Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac? Check out our latest video:
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac®! New! All 64 bit program, VST/AU 64 bit plugin, 202 RealTracks & more!

Jump to the feature you'd like to learn about the most by choosing from the table of contents, listed in the video description, or here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Upgrade Today and Save Up To 50%!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac with 64+ new features (64-bit!!!!), 202 New RealTracks, 40 Unreleased RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, "Look Ma! More MIDI!" – 30 MIDI Styles, 12 new MIDI SuperTracks, 240 new Instrumental Studies, 18 new Artist Performances, and a new Xtra Styles PAK 7!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until October 15, 2019 - save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our packages page for all the purchase options available, or visit this discussion on our Band-in-a-Box® for Mac forum.

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 301-328)!

Listen to all the individual demos here, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video here

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until October 15th!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac.

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac there are a lot of new features, 202 RealTracks, and more. We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from our users. There are several sources, our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

Here is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "Why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019. We hope that many of them are relevant to you as well. And please keep suggesting new ones, we appreciate that.

Q. Almost all of my music apps are 64 bit, as is my Mac OS. But Band-in-a-Box® is 32 bit. And Apple's next OS, Catalina 10.15 is set to be released in October 2019 (the beta is available now), and that won't even run 32-bit apps! Can you make a 64 bit version?
A. Yes, we’ve done this with Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac. The app is 64 bit and the executable name is still Band-in-a-Box®.app (if you have an older 32-bit version it will get automatically renamed during the install to Band-in-a-Box®-32bit.app ).

Q. I have 64 bit plugins that I want to use with Band-in-a-Box®. But they only work with 64 bit apps. Can I use them with Band-in-a-Box® 2019, without having to use any special software for this?
A. Yes, 64 bit Plugins work natively with the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box® 2019. This means you can use your 64 bit plugins, including ones that use huge amounts of memory (more than 2GB).

Q. Does Band-in-a-Box® 2019 work on the latest OS, Catalina 10.15, as that has many changes?
A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box® 2019 is 64-bit and runs great on Catalina (and older OS's down to and including 10.6.8 Snow Leopard)

Q. I like Snow Leopard as an OS (10.6.8), will Band-in-a-Box® 2019 still run on that with all features working?
A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64 bit version runs great on older OS's including Snow Leopard, and has identical features and operation to the newer OS's

See the full list here!

Forum Stats
30069 Members
62 Forums
60085 Topics
505749 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
gauge7, Herweigh, jimbo45, jtcallahan, JoyBozFun

30069 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 235