Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#302387 07/10/15 03:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
When Joanne first asked if I would be interested in writing a "rhino song" I wondered... "how could anyone do that?"
But, I figured I'd give it a try... and a couple hours later, this was done.
BIAB is incredible.

It's very cool that Tom's rhino song is from such a different perspective...
It's even cooler that Joanne is spearheading this..

ONE MORE RHINO

one more rhino hits the ground
poacher's bullet lays him down
the great beast crashes
the knife blade flashes
in the midday sun
will you turn a blind eye
'til there's only one
'til the madman leave us
just one more rhino

rich man in a distant land
pays his gold, holds out his hand
believing magic to cure his ills
a majestic beast ground down to pills

the great beast crashes
the knife blade flashes
in the midday sun
'til there's only one
'til the madman leave us
just one more rhino

stand up, raise your voice
this must be stopped, we've got no choice
who is watching, who protects
money changes hands, no one checks

the great beast crashes
the knife blade flashes
in the midday sun
'til there's only one
'til the madman leave us
just one more rhino

the BAND:

RealTracks in song: ~520:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 378:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming DoubleTime Ev 088
RealTracks in song: 836:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltCountryRootsy Ev 075 (A:muted)
RealTracks in song: 793:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming ModernCountrySync Ev 100
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
RealDrums in Song: CountryEven8: a: Brushes, HiHat b: Snare, Ride

Joanne - thanks for asking!
Thanks to everyone else for listening.
Comments encouraged. Have at it.

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd,

Congratulations on such a great song. This is outstanding! The lyrics are incredibly visual and pack a huge punch with their message. In addition, the musical arrangement that frames the message showcases the song to perfection. At the end, I just sat here thinking and the imagery of the chorus was still unrolling inside my head. It was around 10 seconds before I realised that the song was over. This is a very powerful creation that you've put together! I can't believe that you came up with the concept in such a short time. This song will go places for sure!

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Excellent job, Floyd!

I love your singing and the instrumentation supports it beautifully. The mix and the arrangement are spot-on. Perhaps most importantly, though, is the message. Great lyrics!

Ron

UltraPAK 2021, 27" late 2012 iMac, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.15.7
Logic Pro X 10.6.3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
cool tune.... yup, writing to this topic is not a walk in the park.... but you did a fine job.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd,

the first time I heard this I went WOW, such a good song in such a short time.
But then you and good songs are synonymous.

It's a hard write for a good cause, and you did well!

OUTSTANDING

Alyn

User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Excellent work; the vocal is just brilliant, as well as the harmonies. Great set of lyrics as well! The mix sounds radio ready; thanks for sharing!

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd.

Full of admiration. I wouldn't know where to start writing for this one.

Excellent lyrics - moving without being sentimental and sung in the same way.

Great backing track and perfect arrangement the way it builds and then winds down again.

A very tasteful and effective way of getting across the message.

ROG.

Noel96 #302426 07/10/15 11:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd,

Congratulations on such a great song. This is outstanding! The lyrics are incredibly visual and pack a huge punch with their message. In addition, the musical arrangement that frames the message showcases the song to perfection. At the end, I just sat here thinking and the imagery of the chorus was still unrolling inside my head. It was around 10 seconds before I realised that the song was over. This is a very powerful creation that you've put together! I can't believe that you came up with the concept in such a short time. This song will go places for sure!

Regards,
Noel

Thanks for that, Noel... I like that 10 second pause... if we can affect people with our music, perhaps there is hope...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

A cool song and I very much like that initial realtrack in the beginning. Will check that out too.
This is a great result for just four hours of work...
One little nit: the lead vocal appears to be a little too loud in the mix, but that's just my opinion.

Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, I love the sparse production building then backing away again on this song. It really reinforces the lyrics and your vocal and the theme - one more rhino. Well done. Good luck with it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well Mr. Floyd....I was super impressed, by both the music, the lyrics, and the vocals.

I just got BIAB and just got to this site. I often write songs about things that really matter but little is sung about.

The lyrics were more than professional and shows a command of the language that I could only wish for.

I have a strange feeling I may have found a home here that I been lookin for with some real people who have something to say worth hearing.

Thanks for being you.

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Lovely chorus Floyd especially the first time through with just guitar and your voice.
Good strong stuff. Cheers.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The generosity and creativity of people on this forum continues to astound me. Thank you Floyd for rising to the challenge so beautifully and making me think that it would indeed be possible to put together an album of songs about the plight of the rhino. Every song is unique and adds to the entire collection.

I am busy working with the foundation to try and find a sponsor to cover the not inconsiderable cost of manufacturing 5000 memory sticks which will be disturbed via a large local stationary store (with the music preloaded). The memory sticks will be in the shape of a rhino and will have the logos of the foundation as well as the sponsor printed on it.

We have also managed to get some very well known South Africa artists to commit to doing a song for the album. Some of these artists don't have the time to write a song so will be willing to consider a song from another songwriter.

If anybody would like to write a song either for inclusion on the album or for consideration by one of these artist, there is still time while we search for a sponsor. Please don't hesitate to send me a pm.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,
Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
Excellent work; the vocal is just brilliant, as well as the harmonies. Great set of lyrics as well! The mix sounds radio ready; thanks for sharing!

Like others I also like the build of the arrangement.
Thanks for taking part in Joanne's great project.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd, how could you doubt yourself? Of course you can do it if anyone can! Great performance and mix as usual. See, that's what I envy about you writers...the writing! I certainly couldn't do it.

Later

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitartist
Excellent job, Floyd!

I love your singing and the instrumentation supports it beautifully. The mix and the arrangement are spot-on. Perhaps most importantly, though, is the message. Great lyrics!

Ron

Thanks, Ron... appreciate that..

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool tune.... yup, writing to this topic is not a walk in the park.... but you did a fine job.

Thanks, Herb...

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Interesting musical bed you created for this one. Liked it a lot.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
floyd,

the first time I heard this I went WOW, such a good song in such a short time.
But then you and good songs are synonymous.

It's a hard write for a good cause, and you did well!

OUTSTANDING

Alyn

Thank you, Alyn...

Originally Posted By: PgFantastic

Thanks, Robert... I appreciate that...

ROG #302584 07/12/15 09:47 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd.

Full of admiration. I wouldn't know where to start writing for this one.

Excellent lyrics - moving without being sentimental and sung in the same way.

Great backing track and perfect arrangement the way it builds and then winds down again.

A very tasteful and effective way of getting across the message.

ROG.

ROG - I really appreciate that very kind review...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd, Great use of real tracks. The opening guitar and the way you brought in the kick, excellent! The drums sound great and propel it along at just the right time. This is an excellent write and I really hope it gets heard by a much larger audience. Once again you have shown us how powerful this program is when put in the hands of a great writer and arranger. Well done! Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195