Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
S
Expert
Expert
S
I purchased that some time ago and no go, they said they were going to improve it.

From AudioGaming Fri, 17 Jul 2015 :
The current version available is "lite". We are working on new features and improvements for possible "pro" version but the release date is not yet scheduled.

Please send us examples that you find GrooveExtractor not working well so we can investigate.

best regards,

Thank you for the examples. We will study them and try to improve GrooveExtractor.

best regards,

Last edited by solidrock; 10/11/15 12:32 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good to know, Rock Man.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Hi,
I’m bumping this topic, to see if anyone has found any drum transcription software that works well.

So far the best one I’ve found is Ableton. Though forum threads say it apparently exports MIDI only at 96ppq, and reportedly ignores silence at the start when exporting MIDI (so will always call the first midi note time 0)

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have not used it myself but +++ Drumagog 5 by Wavemachine +++ gets good reviews and the developer has been improving the product since 1999. There are three editions. The base program lacks midi capability. The Pro edition with midi in\out is $99. The program uses iLok copy protection.

Have you tried +++ Groove Extractor 2 by Le Sound +++? Like Drumagog, Groove Extractor 2 receives audio and outputs midi. It is available on both Windows and Apple platforms. The latest version was released June, 2018. It looks like this program might be able to handle batch files.

Most of the audio to midi programs I've seen are general purpose for all audio. Many of the drum programs support replacement instead of transcription. The programs replace existing audio with sampled audio.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Did you try that Superior Drummer 3, you just drag the stereo track in then copy it so you have a track for each drum/cymbal. I think I posted that in the 2018 Win BB beta forum ? I would of thought that worked better than Ableton ?

Also if you have the stems wouldn't you be better using them to get the midi as there are separate hits ?

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Tracker – the most efficient and accurate on the market ?
Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales

Answered September 15, 2017 at 11:30
Andreas
Forum Crew

@bob Muso said:
I need to convert a lot of stereo mixed drum tracks to midi,
“Tracker – the most efficient and accurate audio to midi conversion on the market”.
I can’t see any SD3 Demo to try the Tracker.
So I uploaded a stereo drum mix to convert to midi:
Listen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5i4bpajqhbprp3/Drums-Blues-120ev.wav?dl=0
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5i4bpajqhbprp3/Drums-Blues-120ev.wav?dl=1
If it does that it should do the rest hopefully.
Bob.

Imported this file. Piece of cake. Everything was triggered perfectly in a few minutes time. Had to select which tom sound to map to which tom in SD3 and tweak the hi-hat a bit. Added and removed a few cymbal hits while playing through the song as well. If I knew the song and didn’t have to listen to the entire thing it would have been even quicker.

//Andreas

Andreas Walfridsson - Toontrack
Interaction Designer

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My vote on SD3 as well. I love it.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Here's one in the Reaper forum, haven't tried it I don't think it would be better than Superior Drummer 3.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=188797

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Over time I have looked at several options. I have found none that make it simple. Probably the easiest I’ve used is Melodyne.

In Melodyne open the drum wav. Melodyne should sort it as percussion. Select a part (say first beat in a bar) then tell Melodyne to select the same beat in all bars. Then move those to a new line (note). Then repeat the process for other beats. Where you have several hits at the same time (eg hi hat and kick) you can copy the kick to the hi hat line.

Once the notes are sorted export as midi. Then import the midi into your daw and put the notes onto the drum part required. Sounds like a lot of work but it’s not too bad.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enYsjfCggvY

Edit put in correct video

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 06/15/19 09:43 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Peter posted this 4 years ago:

Quote:
If anyone has got some software to work, (to convert a drum Audi WAV to MIDI could they please try it on one of our drum files in the bb\drums folder and post the results as a MIDI file?

So?...

Please stop posting blurbs and opinions from websites, somebody get some software, create an RD track, run it through and see what happens. I'd love to hear it too.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
02-15-2019 Hi,
I’m bumping this topic, to see if anyone has found any drum transcription software that works well.

So far the best one I’ve found is Ableton. Though forum threads say it apparently exports MIDI only at 96ppq, and reportedly ignores silence at the start when exporting MIDI (so will always call the first midi note time 0)

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Peter posted this 4 years ago:....Please stop posting blurbs and opinions from websites, I will get some software, create a RD track, run it through and see what happens. I'll let you know the results.

Bob

Cool !

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ha, I knew that was coming. The thing is nobody wants to spend several hundred bucks for something that we all suspect won't work very well.

I was thinking that if anybody had every possible piece of music software known to man it would be you but since you haven't posted an answer to Peter's request I take it you haven't found anything either?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Peter employs people to sit there and try things out, develop things.
I'm not a drummer with a good ear to pick up exactly what's being hit it the tight spots, Peter and his crew are quite capable of doing this. They have been pointed to some great tools, I'm sure they will sort it all out, and as said before if they already have the stems it would be easier than using the stereo drums we all have at the moment.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That's a good point but the fact he asked for our help tells me they've come up with squat. It's obvious they don't have any multitracks of these drums which validates my point a year or so ago about this. People kept saying if PG would just release the multittracks we can get great midi versions of the RD's. There are no multracks, those RD's were recorded with 2 or 3 mic's as stereo files, that's it. They talked about this years ago when the RD's were first introduced. What people forget or don't know is there are already some pretty good drum parts in the midi styles. I forget now but there's a symbol of some sort that identifies the midi drums that were recorded by a live drummer on a midi drum kit and it's a decent percentage.

Bob

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:
There are no multracks, those RD's were recorded with 2 or 3 mic's as stereo files

so they don't have any "stems" only 500 odd stereo RealDrums recorded with 2 or 3 mics ?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That's my understanding, yes. The RD's were introduced with Power Tracks a year or two before Real Band was created and at the time this question came up and that was the answer. Stereo created by 2 or 3 mics. The RD's were not recorded with close mic's on each part of the kit like that pic. You can tell that by listening to them. Of course that could have changed by now but I've seen no mention of it.

To me this gives the drums a classic live sound at the cost of not having individual control. This is the way drums were recorded 40-50 years ago when everything was going to a Studer two track. Depending on who you talk to they were only using 2 mics as well, one overhead and one somewhere low usually the kick I guess. And it's the same thing I do when I do live remote recording.

I have an Akai DPS12 with 8 live inputs. I try to use three mics, one in the kick since most kick drums have the hole in front, one below the snare/hi hat and an overhead. That leaves 5 for the instruments and one vocal. Putting 3 mics on the drums gives me some control over mixing. I can cut or boost the kick and the same with the cymbals using EQ alone which is good enough for a live band recording and it's the same thing I do with the RD's. In addition to running the recording I'm also playing keys, I don't have the time or inclination to be hauling 15 mics and doing all that set up.

Bob

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Bob,
Have you had any luck in remembering what symbol it is for real midi drum parts.
Sorry for bombing in on this but would find it very useful.

Brian

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1104. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Hi Bob,
Have you had any luck in remembering what symbol it is for real midi drum parts.
Sorry for bombing in on this but would find it very useful.

Brian

What do you mean by 'symbol'?

And there are RealDrums from PG Music, and MIDI drums from everywhere. What do you mean by 'real midi drum parts'?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
He means midi drum parts created by a live drummer on a midi drum kit. Mac talked about this years ago, many of the midi styles have "real" midi drums like that and he said there was something that told us that but I have no idea what it is now. For me I can usually tell by listening to the part. The drums have that live feel to them rather than sequenced.

Pipeline, yes I saw that but if that's the case then why did Peter make the request in this thread? And why wasn't the multitrack stems confirmed way back in the Power Tracks days? That question did come up and the only thing that was said is the RD's are stereo files no mention of multitracks. Maybe he's going two directions at once? Maybe the VST can't handle it? Who knows, it's all speculation at this point.

If it happens then we'll all know it.

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195