Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#302966 - 07/16/15 08:47 AM [User Showcase] I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice)
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

We are calling this blend of genres Appalachian Honky-Tonk. Bob (90db) supplied us with the band name I 75. So now we have a song to go along with it. I could get long winded here about the story the song tells, but will let it speak for itself. All comments/suggestions are encouraged. Tom

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13168730

Lead Vocal — Janice Merritt

Pedal Steel, Lead Guitar and Harmony Vocal — Tom Adams

RealTracks in song: ~592:Bass, Acoustic Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1946:Mandolin, Rhythm ModernCountrySync Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 378:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming DoubleTime Ev 088
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: NashTrainEv16^3-a:Brushes , b:Brushes 16th

I 75

Thought it might be best to leave you there that night

don’t know I could have made it through another fight

Took the baby and the boys you were passed out on the couch

No time to try and wash the blood off of my blouse

Just trying to survive

Headed up I 75

there’s been stories on the news bout what they call abuse

Is that us I ask myself but really what’s the use

never been apart since we were in our teens

How the hell do I know what co dependence means

Just glad to be alive
On I 75

There’s desperation in your phone calls
The kids keep asking if you’re alright
What can I tell them between the whiskey and the pills
Anything I say will be a lie
Cept Daddy sends his love but Daddy’s not coming home tonite

We’ve been stuck up here Knoxville Tennessee

I wonder now and then do you ever think of me

been talking to myself. bout heading south

Don't ya know I barely got the words out of my mouth

Well I dropped that car in drive

Headed down I 75

There’s desperation in your phone calls
The kids keep asking if you’re alright
What can I tell them between the whiskey and the pills
Anything I say will be a lie
Cept Daddy sends his love And Daddy we’re coming home tonite
Daddy sends his love Daddy we’re coming home tonite

©2015 Thomas Adams / Janice Merritt

#302983 - 07/16/15 11:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Very nice............that's some sweet pickin too.

Hey - this might be a good time to get a jump on the bootleg, Unauthorized merch line we've come up with. We have key fobs, commemorative plates, beer coozies and T-Shirts. The shirts are available in any color (as long as it's white).

Regards,

Col. Bob Parker
I-75 Enterprises
Rural Route 4
Possum Hollow, Ar. 63006

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#302984 - 07/16/15 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Bud, Janice and Tommy. This is absolutely phenomenal! What a very sad sad story and one that so many people are living on a day to day basis. Beautiful. I read somewhere about songwriting is about telling a story without giving the house away and this is exactly what you have done here. Janice's vocal is beautiful.

#302986 - 07/16/15 11:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

This is hit material!!!!!

What a terrific song. What else can I say? Standing ovation.
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#302992 - 07/16/15 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
This is epic!!! Great write, great vocal, and some of the best guitar/pedal steel playing I've ever heard. I bow to an incredible ax man! So much life in the lyrics. Chorus is brilliant. From the intro (where I thought of the Allman bros.) to the last note, I was mesmerized. AWESOME job guys!!! Take care. Greg

#303032 - 07/16/15 10:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Superb writing and performance's in all areas thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#303035 - 07/16/15 10:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Tom and Janice, with both of you guys in a collab it is a sure pleasure listen. Superb voice and guitar picking.

Mike B.

#303037 - 07/16/15 11:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Super cool. Got that style off 100%. Cheers.

#303038 - 07/17/15 12:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Excellent country write guys.
Just love a good story.
Rob

#303044 - 07/17/15 05:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom & Janice...

An excellent write. Strong and tight. (I did want "On 175" to be "headed up.." as well). The chorus is spectacular - classic.

"there’s been stories on the news bout what they call abuse
Is that us I ask myself but really what’s the use
never been apart since we were in our teens
How the hell do I know what co dependence means"

Nice.

Terrific melody.

The production is squeaky clean. Nice opening. The mandolin - a nice choice - the skip/train drum, too... The guitar is sweet. The steel is gorgeous (I keep finding myself listen so intently to it that I miss the song - so I listen again...)

The vocal is perfect, of course. I don't know if ANYONE could do this better.

The harmony is perhaps the best I've ever heard here.

floyd

#303050 - 07/17/15 06:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: olemon]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Hey - this might be a good time to get a jump on the bootleg, Unauthorized merch line we've come up with. We have key fobs, commemorative plates, beer coozies and T-Shirts. The shirts are available in any color (as long as it's white).

Regards,

Col. Bob Parker
I-75 Enterprises
Rural Route 4
Possum Hollow, Ar. 63006
Hey Colonel, Glad to see you're on top of the business end. I need one of those beer coozies in the worst way! Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Bud, Janice and Tommy. This is absolutely phenomenal! What a very sad sad story and one that so many people are living on a day to day basis. Beautiful. I read somewhere about songwriting is about telling a story without giving the house away and this is exactly what you have done here. Janice's vocal is beautiful.
Joanne, Since you have brought awareness to the Rhino Project, we thought we would take a look at a different social issue. Thank you for the kind review. Tom
Originally Posted By: olemon

Scott, Thanks for the wonderful comments. Tom

#303051 - 07/17/15 06:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Janice and Tom,

great lyrics, great vocals, and awesome guitar and pedal steel playing. And not to forget the harmonies.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#303057 - 07/17/15 08:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Very good song and one of your best collabs. Janice's vocal is a given. Especially liked the chorus and the harmony. Loved that steel - I'd like a user track of that style picking Tommy.

#303058 - 07/17/15 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Good song, great production and performance. One of the best from you guys. enjoyed this one a lot.

Charlie

#303060 - 07/17/15 09:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Miami, Florida
Planobilly Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Miami, Florida
I enjoyed this a lot. Thought it was a really good tune. I like Honky Tonk and Appalachian, so this is a good blend to my ears. I'll let the experts comment on mixing and such.

My buddy Lewis and I create what we call Nuclear Appalachian....lol...a mix of Appalachian and Jazz with whole tone scales and the like used. Strange stuff for sure...lol

When I listen to this it felt like I was listing to the radio station, which is to say, it is as good as most and is better than many songs I hear on the radio.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Billy

#303065 - 07/17/15 10:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA

+1.

Tommy, your PSG work is reminiscent of Jay McDonald who was Buck Owens' original PSG player in The Buckaroos back in the day. Tom Brumley replaced him and I haven't found anything on YT by Jay. Jay had a signature bar-rocking that you've definitely got working for you, especially in the intro.

Janice' beautiful vox knocked this out of the park!

Thanks for sharing.

#303093 - 07/17/15 01:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Well written, sung and played. floyd covered all the details.

I love the clarity of the mix - it's great being able to hear all the instruments, yet understand all the words the first time through the song.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#303110 - 07/17/15 03:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: olemon]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Regards,

Col. Bob Parker
I-75 Enterprises
Rural Route 4
Possum Hollow, Ar. 63006

100 degrees and stupid humidity and what did we need? A GOOD LAUGH Thanks for delivering it in spades. Can we put a good IPA in one of those coozies or does it have to be a Bud Lite?

J&B

PS Glad you like the tune!

Thank you very much Joanne. This is, as you said, a sad story but one that needs all the attention that it can get. I hope this effort provides some. We deeply appreciate your comments.

Janice

Originally Posted By: olemon

How nice of you! Thanks a lot.

Janice
J&B Website

#303133 - 07/17/15 07:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: cubanpete]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
This is epic!!! Great write, great vocal, and some of the best guitar/pedal steel playing I've ever heard. I bow to an incredible ax man! So much life in the lyrics. Chorus is brilliant. From the intro (where I thought of the Allman bros.) to the last note, I was mesmerized. AWESOME job guys!!! Take care. Greg
Thanks Greg for the great review. We appreciate it. Tom
Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
Superb writing and performance's in all areas thanks for sharing!
Robert, glad you liked it. Tom
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Tom and Janice, with both of you guys in a collab it is a sure pleasure listen. Superb voice and guitar picking.

Mike B.
Hey Mike, Glad you stopped by. Thanks, Tom

#303142 - 07/17/15 11:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: I 75 (Co-Write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Janice, Tom and Bud,

THIS is country as it should be, you 3 should be STARS!
Everything about this is just perfect. Vocals, guitar EVERYTHING!

This was the 2nd loud song for my neighbours today and the little old dear, as mentioned in my response to Rob Thurlow, waved again! (I was hanging out the washing at 6.45am and she was doing the same and she waved when I played his song loud) I'll ask her later what she thought of both laugh

A very good way to start my day, thank you

Alyn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

Forum Stats
28427 Members
58 Forums
55199 Topics
459634 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Justin P, thierry.inconnu, drolander, richardskelt, bennyrodrigues

28427 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 338
Pipeline 310