Go To
Other PG Music Programs
D
dkm Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
So I've had an issue with the BIAB for iPhone app in which it downloaded one song and crashes whenever I try to download any more. I finally got a hold of someone at support on the phone and when I explained what was going on he said, "sorry, there's nothing we can do if the app doesn't work." Uh, I realize it's a free app meant to work with the purchased desktop program, but why are they even offering it if they can't support it?

Last edited by Callie - PG Music; 09/01/15 07:29 AM.
Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
Could you provide some details please? Is this Windows or Mac BIAB? What version? What version of BIAB? What version of iOS?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Other PG Music Programs
D
dkm Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
All the files (song files and m4a files) were created on BIAB 2015 for mac on a Mac mini running Yosemite. My phone is a brand new iPhone 6 plus running the latest iOS. I was able to successfully download exactly one song. After that all other downloads fail, the app crashes and shuts down. I've tried (many times) downloading via the browser interface from my Mac (Safari), via Dropbox and via Google drive. All fail. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling--several times. I always get the same result: one and only one song will download, and after that all other download attempts fail. I even took my phone to work and tried downloading via Dropbox and Google drive from the WIFI there as we have a business grade fiber optic connection. Fail. When I explained all this over the phone to PG Music support today, I was told that the phone app was developed by a 3rd party with which support has no way to communicate, so if the app doesn't work, there's nothing they can do. You see why I'm frustrated and a little pissed off?

Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
Hi DKM

You're probably only creating confusion and not doing yourself any favors to post this same item multiple times in different forums.

Peter Gannon is personally investigating. That's pretty good service IMO

See your other threads here

Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Other PG Music Programs
D
dkm Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
I originally posted about the problem I was having here in this forum--presumably the right one as the phone/iPad app is technically an "other" program. I got 60+ views but not a single response. So in desperation I posted in the BIAB for Mac forum--thinking, well it is meant to run with the desktop program-- and got, I think one response, which was nothing more than a question for more detail. I provided the details, but got no further response. At the same time I had emailed support with a detailed explanation of the problems I was having and got an email response that the senior tech who would need to deal with this was on vacation. So I waited an extra week, then called support as I still hadn't received an email solution (or response other than the "he's on vacation one) to my original email. The tech who answered my phone call--and oh how I wish I'd written down his name--gave me the one suggestion that I erase the "Rendered" in the extension of the m4a file. I tried that, and when it failed, explained once more how the app was crashing after which he gave me the spiel about the app being developed by a 3rd party team with which the in house support has no communication. It was after that that I posted the above chest beating comments. Here, again all I got was a request for more details after which, nothing. In the BIAB for Mac forum I finally got someone's attention.

So perhaps I did do myself a favor. I'm grateful Peter is looking in to this--I'd say it's an issue that deserves his attention, not just the app problem but more specifically the support issue. It was shocking to hear from him that the app was developed in house and his comment, "I don't know who you were talking to..." Well, I was talking to one of his support team. As for the app itself, if you go to the iTunes store and look at the reviews it's not a pretty picture. As far as BIAB itself I have nothing but good things to say (other than how the Mac version is always without some very useful and important features of the Windows version such as printing additional verses in fake book lead sheets). I've been using it for many years, and now with the real tracks, which just took it to a completely different level, I want to use it on solo gigs. I suppose it's because I've been so happy with and consider BIAB such an excellent software that this experience has been so frustrating.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Hi DKM

You're probably only creating confusion and not doing yourself any favors to post this same item multiple times in different forums.

Peter Gannon is personally investigating. That's pretty good service IMO

See your other threads here

Trevor

Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
While we wait for Peter,

Do you have all the updates?
• BIAB 2015 (417)
• BIAB Server 2.0.1 Build 5058
• BIAB App V1.0.12 Build 5200
• Apple QuickTime Player V7.7.7 (1608.95.51)

There was a recent update to the Server. I know these are PC versions, but the Mac would have similar.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Other PG Music Programs
D
dkm Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Well, I guess it's all academic now since I'm having an unbelievable run of bad luck. My BIAB 2015 EverythingPAK hard drive got corrupted somehow and will no longer mount. I've done multiple repairs with Disk Utility, which says it's OK and everything is there, but it just will not mount either on my Mac mini running Yosemite or on my macbook running Snow Leopard. Since I never installed the program on my computer but was always running it off the drive, I'm completely dead in the water now.
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
While we wait for Peter,

Do you have all the updates?
• BIAB 2015 (417)
• BIAB Server 2.0.1 Build 5058
• BIAB App V1.0.12 Build 5200
• Apple QuickTime Player V7.7.7 (1608.95.51)

There was a recent update to the Server. I know these are PC versions, but the Mac would have similar.

Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
That is bad luck. PG Music Support can help you with that problem.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
Contact PG Music support and explain your new issue. They may be able to provide you with download links or have another solution to help you recover your corrupted programs.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your issue dkm, keep us informed of the progress, hope it is resolved fast.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Other PG Music Programs
D
dkm Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Kent worked with me yesterday on the iPhone app. Last night I managed to finally get most of my repertoire files downloaded to my phone. There are still some major problems though. There are a lot of files that simply will not download and we're not yet sure why. And downloading from Dropbox or Google drive doesn't seem to work at all. It either crashes the app, or fails to download the m4a file along with the mgu file--even when they are zipped together. But at least I've seen some progress, so I'm encouraged.

As for my EverythingPAK hard drive, that seems to be toast. I can see it in Disk Utility, but it just will not mount, so I'm locked out of even copying the files over to my computer. I'm guessing it's a corruption of the boot sector which I could probably fix with Disk Warrior...if I had it. Not willing to spend over $100 for that software, though. Alyssa just emailed me that they are sending me a new drive, so that should solve that problem. I'll lose some song files that I had been working on and had not yet backed up, but fortunately most of my song files had been backed up to another drive.

The songs that I was able to download to my phone are playing just fine and sound great, so in that regard the app works well and will well serve the purpose I had intended. We just need to get these download issues solved. At least we're moving forward to that end.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Sorry to hear about your issue dkm, keep us informed of the progress, hope it is resolved fast.

Other PG Music Programs
D
dkm Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Just received my replacement hard drive. Grateful for the quick service.

Other PG Music Programs
D
dkm Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
After getting my replacement hard drive I have been able to get the tunes that failed to upload to finally upload to my phone. The way I was able to do it was by opening the song and loading it with a different style, then saving the song with the new style and creating a new rendered m4a sound file. I can only presume that there was something in the song file with the original style that the app didn't like and caused the download to fail. What that might have been I have no idea as just about each song that failed to download had a different style, and other songs that successfully downloaded had the same style as a song that failed. I can only hope that Kent can figure out what it is in those songs that failed to download that caused the failure. But in the mean time I have a workaround that is letting me go forward.

One last thing I need let everyone know is that the only successful downloads have been via the browser connection from the computer. I've not been able to download anything from either Dropbox or Google drive. Those downloads never seem to bring in the m4a file, only the mgu file (if at all) which will not play, so they're useless. And even when the mgu manages to get through it still crashes the app at the end of the download. So obviously there's still some serious issues to resolve.

Other PG Music Programs
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi, the issue seems to be with frozen songs, which are songs where all the tracks have been frozen. This results in files that are quite large, and in some cases they don't transfer to the iPhone. It doesn't affect the usual songs which have not been frozen. We will fix that in a future patch of the iPhone BiaB.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Other PG Music Programs
D
dkm Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Thanks, Peter and Kent.
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Hi, the issue seems to be with frozen songs, which are songs where all the tracks have been frozen. This results in files that are quite large, and in some cases they don't transfer to the iPhone. It doesn't affect the usual songs which have not been frozen. We will fix that in a future patch of the iPhone BiaB.

Other PG Music Programs
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Can I make a suggestion? It seems this thread started with some frustration and perhaps justifiably so but I would propose the thread title be changed or at least "RESOLVED" added to it! It looks negative as a title and from reading through it it sure does seem like you received great support with a replacement drive rushed to you, personal support from the head of the company, etc.

You seem to be getting support and you seem appreciative of that. I'd just like to see the title reflect that! laugh

Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Can I make a suggestion? It seems this thread started with some frustration and perhaps justifiably so but I would propose the thread title be changed or at least "RESOLVED" added to it! It looks negative as a title and from reading through it it sure does seem like you received great support with a replacement drive rushed to you, personal support from the head of the company, etc.

You seem to be getting support and you seem appreciative of that. I'd just like to see the title reflect that! laugh

+1
We know it's resolved (or being resolved), but the title certainly could do with an update, if that's possible!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,477
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195