Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
In June we announced that we'd started a new Video Testimonials Page and that we are seeking Video Testimonials from Band-in-a-Box users like YOU.
If you’re video is selected, we'll send you a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

Want some inspiration? Visit our Video Testimonials page at www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm to see the videos already submitted.

How to Enter:
Create a video testimonial that explains who you are and the kind of music you create.
Be sure to answer:
  • What style of music do you prefer?
  • How do you use Band-in-a-Box?

Other information you can include:
  • How did you hear about the program?
  • How long have you been using the program for?
  • Do you use the Windows or the Mac version?
  • What are you favorite features of Band-in-a-Box?
  • Which Band-in-a-Box features do you use the most?

The video should be 2-10 minutes long. We’re looking for a variety of video styles. You could:
  • Star in the video on your own.
  • Have someone interview you.
  • Use a screenshot of Band-in-a-Box while you’re working with it.
  • Use images and recordings of you performing with your Band-in-a-Box songs.
...Get creative!
Like Pat Marr did with this video.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. If you're doing it in an interview style, it's best to answer your questions with the question as PART of the answer. For example, if you're answering the question "What's your favorite feature in Band-in-a-Box", rather than launching into it saying something like "The guitar window, because...", for the purpose of the video it would be better to say "I think my favorite feature is the guitar window, because..."

2. Any audio you have is great. For example, if you were filming yourself recording a guitar solo into Band-in-a-Box, rather than just including the video file with the audio from that, it would be great to also include the actual recorded tracks and Band-in-a-Box files. That way we can sync them up and use the better recorded audio along with the video rather than using the audio recorded by the camera.

3. If you're able to shine a lamp or two directly at yourself when filming yourself talking, that makes for a much nicer looking resulting video.

If you need assistance putting your video together, just send us some footage - we can put together the video using your resources!

To submit your video, email marketing@pgmusic.com with “Video Testimonial” in the subject line, making sure to include your name and contact information.
If you require assistance in submitting your video, please let marketing@pgmusic.com know (or post right here in the forum).

Submission Information and Rules:
  • One video testimonial per person.
  • Your video should be submitted in MP4 format. If you are unable to create an MP4, we will also accept .mov and .wmv files.
  • Any songs included in your video must be originals, and must not be copyrighted or "cover" songs; you must have all of the rights to the songs.

All videos will be reviewed, and the Submitters of winning videos will be contacted to confirm their contact information in order to receive their Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK.

Please note: All winning video submissions grant PG Music Inc. the license to use the video without any additional compensation in any manner, and, in any media for publicity, promotional and/or other purposes.

We look forward to seeing your video testimonial!

Have fun!
Team PG

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I want to see testimonials from all the regulars out there!

I think FLOYD's use of the program is so phenomenal that his story would naturally resonate with that segment of potential customers who want to use BIAB to write original songs!

Since a user testimonial is more about how the person USES the product, NOTES NORTON's account of how he created a side business making 3rd party styles would highlight an aspect of using BIAB that is totally unlike anything the rest of us could say. I think that story needs to be told!

90db and DANNY CAMPO's testimonials would resonate with the customer demographic that wants to make backing tracks for live performances. And since they both play to different crowds, their stories are unique

The works of ROB and ANNE-MARIE have recurring themes of relationship dynamics and audio-visual symmetry. They are like the poster children for collaborative couples. I think a lot of couples want that, but they don't know where to start. If R&AM made a user testimonial video, their use of the product would naturally appeal to a completely different demographic. And if anne-Marie made the video, I'm sure it would be amazing! She's so dang GOOD at making video!

more in the next message...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
(continuing with reasons why I think the following people should make user testimonial videos)

The first question any potential customer asks is "but how would I use this product?" And that's where user testimonials shine as a product endorsement! There are so many ways to use BIAB, and the forum members represent a pretty good mix of how to use it in different ways!

BOEHM should make one because the way he's using BIAB to participate in remix contests is very unique... and he's so dang GOOD at it!! I think that alone would inspire potential customers to consider new uses for the product!

STEVE YOUNG and/or PGFANTASTIC should make one because they are using BIAB to make songs of worship, which is probably one of the fastest growing musical genres at this time. A lot of potential customers will identify with the way they are using the product.

GIBSON should make one because he's just so off-the-charts creative, whatever he came up with would be priceless! (Do it, pleeease. I beg you!)

JOSIE BECK should make one because her use of the product is a little bit different than everybody else's. She a prolific song writer, her songs tend to be clever, her work is a healthy mix of spiritual and earthy themes, and she is artistic! Her presentation would no doubt be very engaging and full of customer appeal. (Did I mention she's easy to look at? It always helps when the actor in the ad is photogenic....)

GRUVERIDER should make one just because! The guy has such a unique presence on the forum, and his songs are hauntingly appealing... dude, you need to make one to let the world see how cool it can be to make music with BIAB!!

SOLIDROCK and or SEEKER should make one because their use of the product has been so heavily oriented toward making user tracks! Potential customers really need to see this capability of the product, and user testimonials would be the perfect way to make it known

JFORD should make one for a bunch of reasons! He is a musician's musician, and as a long-time user, he has probably used more of the product's features than the rest of us combined! Plus, I really want to see what John would say... I have such respect for the man, and I know that his presentation would be top-notch!

more in the next post...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Oh boy, you all been called out now!!

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
MATT FINLEY should make one because he's one of the few forum members with a commercially successful CD. Plus he runs with the big dogs, which is always a good attribute for an endorser to have. Yes, If I played with members of Blood Sweat and Tears, I'd have t-shirts made and I'd wear them all the time just to make sure that people knew! But Matt is more humble about his success than I would be. (good on you Matt!) But the upshot of all this is that I think Matt's success with the product would be an inspiration to anybody who saw his testimonial video. If he made one. Which I hope he does. Because it would be AWESOME!

ROG needs to make one because PGMusic products play a big role in his music education business.. Music instruction is one of BIAB's great strengths, and that needs to show up in theses testimonials! Plus, Rog has a lot of success stories to draw from in his testimonial. I think any video he created would be utterly inspiring ... he uses it to change young peoples' lives! How cool is that???

C_FOGLE should make one, because he has used BIAB to resurrect old songs that were originally recorded on tape. I think this is a use that would be desirable to many musicians out there who have a bunch of original material on tape, and they want to keep it alive in digital format.. and maybe even revisit the songs and continue editing them with new tools that didn't exist when the songs were originally recorded!

KEMMRICH should make one because he is a member of a lot of different musician forums, and he participates in a lot of song writing contests. The crowd he runs with needs to know about BIAB, and to see how Kevin is using it to enrich his own musical interaction with the world

GUITARHACKER should make one because one of his uses for the product is creating submissions for licensed song libraries. I think a lot of people would be interested in hearing about how he does that. He is also an excellent song writer, he'd have no trouble coming up with a 5 minute video about ways to use the product! (Herb... you gotta make one!)

JANICE and BUD... I'll be really mad if they don't make one! Even if Janice has to appear behind a back-lit sheet with her voice altered like she's in the witness protection program... their musical journey and ultimate use of BIAB as their preferred choice of musical expression at this point in their lives... I think their story would resonate with a lot of people. Plus the fact that their lives are so full of other activity (like mountain biking) shows that BIAB ain't just for geeks like me who live in front of a computer... people with full lives can also include music as a healthy part of a larger mix of interests.

NOEL96 should make one, because the path he has taken to learn the craft of song writing is absolutely brilliant! And his use of BIAB in pursuit of his goal is the greatest endorsement I can imagine! Plus, Noel tends to use BIAB to write a different kind of song than the rest of us... any potential customer who yearns to write songs for the stage or screen would be inspired by Noel's testimonial

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I could go on and on.. as I look through the names in the forum, I can easily recall ways in which all of us are using PGMusic products in our own interesting ways.

Any of us could make a user testimonial video that would portray a use for the product that is unlike the way everybody else uses it.

But I think there is a better reason to make a video than all the reasons why we COULD. Here's why I think we SHOULD make a video...

I think its worth noting that PGMusic has added value to our lives. We have a product we love, and a forum we use regularly, all because of Peter Gannon.

User testimonial videos are one small way for us to tell the world how much fun it is to use the product that Dr. Gannon has created. Kind of like sending a big ol' "THANK YOU" card to everybody at PGMusic

As I re-read what I've written, I have to admit it sounds a bit sappy... but I ain't backing down from any of the statements. Ultimately, it's each person's call whether or not to create a user testimonial. But DANG, I would love to see more of them!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Oh boy, you all been called out now!!

Exactly!

Now we'll see who's a chicken and who ain't!

"Bawwwwk bawwwk!" <--(me mocking all the chickens)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well said Pat

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Well said Pat

... said the gal who ain't a chicken!

;-)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Pat, Janice suggested that I could be interviewed while holding a fan with her face on it......

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Hey Pat, Janice suggested that I could be interviewed while holding a fan with her face on it......

Bud

I like it!
Um... who gets to draw her face on the fan? And how soon can we expect to see the video? (I need to stock up on movie popcorn...)

;-)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat,

While my testimonials are not recorded they are testimonials non the less as every two weeks or so on my live eConcerts I plug BIAB. In fact, although they are not using it yet, a few of my fellow eConcert performers have already purchased BIAB, 3 or 4 come to mind.

But I still may record a testimonial sometime in the cooler months when our day job business slows down.

Later my friend,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I agree, Danny! You are a walking ad for BIAB!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
(continuing with reasons why I think the following people should make user testimonial videos)

GIBSON should make one because he's just so off-the-charts creative, whatever he came up with would be priceless! (Do it, pleeease. I beg you!)

Thanks Pat blush I am humbled blush
I have sat and thought about doing one but, health aside, I struggle to work out a "story board" showing how I do my stuff. The reason is there is little common ground to each song regarding BIAB.

Apart from:
Every song is written in my head, apart from the obvious bit of getting the chord structure to fit my ramblings/lyrics. I do that on my 12 string or electric piano and then input the chords to BIAB and audition many styles until one seems to fit the mood, sort of. Muting any solo RTs on the way. I then write a midi file to disc, including the chord track, which also makes wav files of the RTs. Then import midi and RTs to my DAW, Cubase. Sometimes I have a few versions of the same song, each is saved separately, and imported to Cubase as above and all in the same song.I use the standard windows sound set for all BIAB midi and always keep BIAB open (mme drivers)with asio for Cubase. I would LOVE a VSTi or Rewire version of BIAB

Then the shenanigans start crazy
This is where I am struggling to make sense of a random and sometimes chaotic process which ends up as one of my songs. And then how do I condense it into a short video that is "gibsonised" grin ? I am working on it, but don't hold your breath.

And then there is your testimonial which was BRILLIANT an extremely high standard set by you cool that I have to reach for mad grin

Alyn

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

You've just described your workflow, your method, your rationale eloquently. Now just add some video and you're "squattin' in cotton"!

My approach is quite similar. I don't have a well-defined workflow. It's generally a grab-bag approach, but a recording artist once confided: "Trial and error is a legitimate method of songwriting". Nobody knows how many waste-bins Beethoven or Mozart filled. I am encouraged in that fact.

My testimonial fails to meet my design goals by far. The strengths of BIAB were not even mentioned. Josie and Pat's nailed most, if not all, of the software's benefits. Very well done!

Don

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I've forgotten just when I started using BIAB, but its around 10 years.

I used it and Realband to post MP3 files of public domain hymns for my website. All the necessary tools are right at my finger tips.

A while back, at Danny's urging I began the eConcert thing at Streetjelly.com and am having a blast. I've built up a repertoire of about 165 songs using these products and highly recommend them.

Don Spooner

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My ACW video was my testimonial.
Even I can use it!
http://masteringmatters.com/stuff/ACW_Tempo_Map_creation.avi

smile
It ain't pretty, but it shows a little about how I've learned to use it. I like the multitracking/audio/generating side of RB. A lot.

/and I wasn't even on Pat's list!

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And a great testimonial it is too Bob. You have made these powerful features look really easy to implement.

Choosing a song with variations in tempos and showing how to set bar line breaks and then importing and adding other instruments topped it off. Nice.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Great job, Bob! Thanks for posting.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
<second guess>

I just re-read the posts I made about why a bunch of people "OUGHT" to make a testimonial video. Now that I read them with a different amount of blood sugar than I must have had when I wrote them, I have to admit it comes across as though I'm heaping guilt.

Well, in my defense, I had just gotten back from a family reunion when I wrote those posts... and if you knew my family, you'd understand why I might be in full-blown guilt-trip mode. That's just the way my family works. ;-)

That's all I wanted to say.

</second guess>

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195