Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#309242 09/02/15 07:04 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
I really enjoyed the RealTracks and style from a recent post by 44kfl so I used them on this tune I've been working on for a while. Influenced by the repetitiveness chords in the style of "Wicked Games" by Chris Issac.

I hope you enjoy it.

NIGHT TIME ANGEL

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Night Time Angel
File:Night Time Angel_Final Music.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 101, Length (m:s)=5:58
No intro. 152 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 152.
Style is _POPCALP.STY (PopCalypso Even 8ths [100RS])

RealTracks in style: 1174:Bass,
RealTracks in style: 1422:Piano,
RealTracks in style: 1175:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm
RealTracks in style: 1177:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Rhythm
RealTracks in song: 410:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Country Cowboy Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 1530:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopPower Ev 120
RealDrums in style: PopCalypso^1-a:Snare, Closed HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Lyrics
NIGHT TIME ANGEL

(Piano Intro)

You might not call her a classy lady
A scarlet woman she don’t play games
The world looks down on this barstool angel
Dressed up in lace she has many names

She's a different kind of lady
When I'm hurting about to go down hard
Any other woman is just an imitation
Night time angel -- loves my blues -- away

You can say her love is a sin
But the woman's loving’s for real
Broken wings can’t stop her from flying
This night time angel is my truest friend

(Instrumental Break)

The devil dealt her the losing card
But she bluffs her way to a winning play
Cast from Heaven this falling star
Can make my fears and tears fade away

(Instrumental Outro)

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Enjoyed that (with my cup of tea). Nicely done.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well done Charlie. Most enjoyable.
Rob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie,

Very cool how your started this - slowing the tempo - I don't think I have heard anyone else do that. Clever idea.

You did a great job on this all the way around. The BAND is perfect for this. Your vocal is nice!! Well recorded, processed and mixed. (the first couple of lines seemed a bit low, but then seemed to settle in just right). The entire mix is outstanding. Everything in the right place...

The guitar solos work perfectly. Great job on those.

Outstanding.

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Charlie,

your choice of RTs is perfect for this song. Nice vocals. The solos fit perfectly.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I hear the Chris Issak thing; you make it work well for your song. Everything sounds good and makes for an enjoyable listen, but...I agree with whoever said the vocal on the first two lines is too low. You sing well - let us hear it!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good one Charlie. Enjoyed it.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool stuff Charlie. I thought the drums fit well and the guitar solo was good for this song.

I like the lyrics and you did a very good job on the vocal. You have a good voice...use it and don't hold back. You sing better than you may be aware of.

Good song. I had to go back and listen again. The drums and the bass worked well together.

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice sounding song. Love the "Wicked Games" feel.

Since it has been mentioned multiple times, I won't mention the vocal is too low in the first two lines. wink

The distorted guitar solo adds a different feel to the song.

To my ears, the bass is a tad buried in the mix.

I would have let it fade out longer. Sounded a little abrupt to me.

Like Floyd, I really like your intro, very unusual but adds to the song.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
peterF - thanks for stopping by for a listen. I usually start my day here on the user forum with a cup of coffee. Great way to start the day.

Rob4580 - I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. I also appreciate your comment and like on soundcloud. That doesn't happen often. I pulled the old metal detector out today and purchased new batteries. Weather forecast for great, clear day tomorrow. Also reviewed the Garrett 350 - nice. The local dealer stocks the 250 model.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
Floyd - Thanks for commenting and catching onto my intro. When I listened to 44kfl's post, these instruments and style he used immediately struct me as fitting this song I had been working on. I have started mixing analog again with the Tascam DP24 and was a bit asleep at the wheel in the beginning. Will do a re-mix soon to correct it.

Guenter - Thanks for listening. See above for comment to Floyd on finding these RT's. The Pedal steel that 44kfl used did not fit but everything else did.

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
MWG - Glad you stopped by. Chris Isaac is a personal favorite, as is "Wicked Games". I always enjoyed his program on Showtime.

Bob (90DB) Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting.

Billy - it's humbling when performing artists such as you and 90DB take time to listen and comment here and on Soundcloud. Your opinions carry a lot of weight with me. I have a lot of influences on my vocal inflections and none of them are good for singing. Geechee (Charleson Gullah), redneck, country, and southern to name a few.

Jim - Thanks for listening. I didn't catch the initial vocal being low last night. I had the vocal all the way down at the beginning because I recorded multiple vocals and spoke each track name during the piano solo. Was a little slow bringing up the fader. The fade out is because the drums and lead guitar weren't generating really good riffs and beats any longer as well as the overall length of the song made it worthwhile to cut it short. Maybe I should have shortened the intro to make room for a longer outro.

Last edited by c_fogle; 09/03/15 04:48 PM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Charlie
Well you definately captured that Chris Isaac feel on this one. Would love to hear him covering it. Great production (and I am listening on my iPhone so that is saying something).
Good job all round.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie,
I enjoyed that a lot.
good beginning, in fact all was good

Alyn

User Showcase
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
Charlie,

You have a great sound... This is very well put together. I would be proud of this one - I would change nothing with the possible exception of a slower fade out, but I follow your reasoning on the lack of additional track sequences.

Very enjoyable listen!

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
Joanne - Thanks for stopping by. I'd like to hear Chris Isaac cover this too! He hangs out in Nashville a lot, so if you run into him while you're there, get his email for me.... ;=)

Alyn - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Curt - I appreciate you taking time to listen and comment. Yeah, six minutes is pushing into 'how long will this be going on?' territory and there was already an earlier long solo.
But, with several comments, I may rethink the outro when I remix the low vocals. It's all part of the fun and the song can only improve getting such great input from the forum members.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"The devil dealt her the losing card
But she bluffs her way to a winning play
Cast from Heaven this falling star
Can make my fears and tears fade away"

Nice!

Everything is in the pocket here. The
arrangement, the write, the vocal, the
RT choice and the mix...all working
together to make a great production.

Never listened to Issac but hearing a
little bit of Petty here.

We really enjoyed the listen and
will be back!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Charlie,

Whenever you post a song we know it's going to be pop (and melodic).
We think this one is your best so far!
We too feel the Chris Isaac touch.
The musical arrangement, including the solo, is top notch.
Keep these kinds of songs coming!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
This is really, really nice Charlie!! The song rolls along with such a pleasant feel, and you have a wonderful vocal texture that is almost hypnotic. Curious about what mic/interface/preamp or whatever you're using-sounds great! The guitar solo fits like a glove-sounds custom. For me, the drums are distracting. They are mixed perfectly but that alternating 2 hits/1 hit doesn't fit for me. I think a more standard single hit each time would be a lot better. Love everything about this except the drum choice. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
Janice & Bud - I'm glad you enjoyed it. You should give Chris Isaac a listen, I especially enjoyed and recommend his album Bayou Sessions. I appreciate your kind comments. It means a lot.

Rob and Anne-Marie - You guys are too kind. Made my head swell and heart soften. Melodic, must stem from my affinity for minor chords... Thanks so much for your kind words.

Greg - Thanks for stopping by for a listen. I've re-mixed the song taking into account some of the recommendations other forum members have presented. I have not re-posted the song with the updated changes. Part of the net effect of the changes includes dropping the drums down a db or 2, upping the bass a notch by eq adjustments and I brought the vocals up (especially the first two lines) so that the lyrics are heard clearly now. Hopefully, if you heard that version, the drums would not be quite as distracting.

I did change my vocal recording setup for this song and did not record straight into a DAW. I used a Nady Ribbon Mic into my Tascam DP-24 hard disk recorder. The vocal uses the Tascam compressor and studio Reverb effects that are printed with the vocal.

I imported this vocal into Studio One 2 for final eq and another compressor on the vocal track and increased the overall volume of the whole song with a limiter across the master buss to main output.

I appreciate you taking time to comment and share your thoughts and I'm glad for the most part, you enjoyed the song.

Last edited by c_fogle; 09/07/15 02:45 PM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195