Go To
#310087 09/11/15 01:56 PM
User Showcase
B
OP Offline
B
https://www.reverbnation.com/bekahjoy?profile_view_source=profile_box

Its the second song down called 'Im so over you'
(The one called Cinderella also used baiab extensively but thatll be for another post)

Im quite new to music production so youll have to excuse my home recorded vocals and lack of mixing skills-its a work in progress.

All the guitar was generated by BAIB using
660, 661, 662, 657 -Texas rock guitar
647 Pop rock brit Edgy

drums and bass are midi from cubases halion sonic
I didn't use a style but just browsed through the guitars to see which ones worked best for the song

I have used a bit of reverse reverb on the guitar right at the start and also something called DBtapestop right at the end.
I have also EQd the 660 and 662 guitar in the chorus to give room for the bass in the other guitars.
I have also used Ample guitars Taylor acoustic guitar synth for the acoustic strums at the end. One other note-I have exported the guitar parts individually from babiab and then imported into Cubase and then cut and spliced them to get the exact playing style I want.
I am so massively grateful for this software! It has given a huge quantum leap for my production! Before now I had to rely on trying to get the guitar parts from studios and I invariably didn't like what they came up with. Im a bit of a control freak when it comes to creativity and I like to have everything just the way I like it. This gives me the flexibility to be creative without wasting loads of money on trail and error in studios!

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
very catchy and nicely produced. This was top notch at every level and I enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
Bekah,

This is SO well done! Such a pleasure to listen to!

Quote:
Im quite new to music production so youll have to excuse my home recorded vocals and lack of mixing skills-its a work in progress.

You are well on the way. I'm not a good source for technical advice, but there are several on the Forum who are very knowledgeable. I'm sure they'll chime in. But I thought your vocals could be just a touch more up front.

Amazing voice!

Quote:
I have used a bit of reverse reverb on the guitar right at the start and also something called DBtapestop right at the end.

Nice...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bekah,
nice to hear some punk hit this forum.
When I read your comment to Rob 4580 and you mentioned Iron Maiden I thought, hmmm interesting. And you didn't disappoint!
Great stuff grin

I like the beginning reverse-verb and had a tapestop vst years back, but never used it in a song.Brilliant and what a professional end using that tapestop!!

your vocals sounded good on my system.

Quote:
Im a bit of a control freak when it comes to creativity and I like to have everything just the way I like it.
yup I echo that statement!And BIAB sure can help.
Best of luck in the search for the star and I shall definitely be playing the rest of your songs, but don't think I can squeeze into the spandex pants now tho blush laugh

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice work. Great song. I would love to hear you do some folk.

User Showcase
B
OP Offline
B
Thankyou all for listening!! Thanks for the feedback too! And yes, I want to try some folky stuff soon-and some elctroswing! Im very excited by all the New Orleans Jazz and Dixieland packs-theyre next on my 'to buy' list

User Showcase
B
OP Offline
B
yes you are so right re the vocals-especially in the bridge. I think this is one of the hardest things to get right in a home recorded song. but the nice thing about baiab is that I now have some 'ready to go' guitar stems that I can just take to a studio and ask them to mix, and then I can also record the vocals properly at the studio and then touch wood, Ill have a pro sounding result.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome song, loved it! very good use of BIAB guitars. Good vocals, catchy lyrics, really enjoyed.

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bekah,

welcome to the forum.
Nice first post. No excuses needed.
You got good vocals. The effects used
are a nice touch.
Enjoyed my listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Bekah,

As Alyn said - it is nice to hear some punk posted.

This is quite impressive for someone claiming to be "quite new to music production"... the guitars are REALLY well done! (the bass could be a little beefier and the drums should be more prominent - especially for this type song [I am always telling people to turn their drums up]).

I'd be interested in knowing what the bpm is set to in BIAB to get those guitars to sound like that!

Terrific vocals.

The ending acoustic is nice - can't believe that is a synth!

Listened several times. Good stuff!

Welcome to the Showcase!

floyd

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
More bass and drums.

Guitars sound great!

You have nothing to apologize for with your vocals. They sound great and very professional.

More songs smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice listen - excellent production, catchy tune and you've got a great voice.

I thought the lyrics were a bit buried in the chorus, but my ears are old any no one else has mentioned it, so take that with a grain of salt. And the acoustic at the end fixes that anyway, so why am I still typing..? wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello,

nothing to excuse.
Great voice and nice song.

Hello.
Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks everyone|! And yes, vocals are quite buried but thatll be fixed when I do it properly in a studio. I definitely need better drums and bass as they are just midi at the moment. I think I can get some good punchy bass from baiab but I couldn't seem to find quite the right drum pattern. I used 210 BPM for the song. If you want to know any more details about which ones were used where and whether they were a, b parts etc Id be happy to explain.

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
I don't think I've heard from you before. Welcome, and great post!! The song is very energetic, catchy and fun. I really like the end transition to the acoustic. The lyrics are a bit hard to catch sometimes but the vibe is great and the overall sound is wonderful. Great work! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,457
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195