Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#311193 09/21/15 02:41 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
This is the first song from my new CD, Saddle Sores, with an extremely creative and unique treatment by our own Pat Marr.

Here Goes Nuttin'

Last edited by eddie1261; 09/21/15 04:48 PM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pat,

You are one talented dude!

Later,

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ha, that's great. super cool video.

Needs more reverb -- I'm changing my stripes!

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Pat,

You are one talented dude!

Later,

Totally agree, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING Pat.

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Danny, Kevin and Alyn...

Thanks for the kind words about the video! It was a fun collaboration with Eddie! Bringing it back to the song, the video version of the song is different than the version you'll find on the CD if you should buy it.

The CD version has a killer pedal steel solo. However, I would have had to model a pedal steel for the animation, and there wasn't time, so we changed the solo to guitar for the video only... just because it was easier for me.

But the CD version is better! I hope everybody follows the link to Eddies kickstarter page and helps him out!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
interesting side note: The band members in the video were modeled after PGMusic forum members. Can you guess who is supposed to be who?

;-)

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Two talented dudes in Eddie and Pat. A duo made in Heav.... Uhm I mean Band in a Box world.

Great song and video.

Enjoyed it a lot.

Charlie

Last edited by c_fogle; 09/21/15 05:18 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool, guys.

Good luck with your CD, Eddie.

Pat - LOVE "Pat the band leader"! Especially his enthusiasm at the end.
The bass player (let's call him "Bud") does some groovy moves!
And Eddie's lead moves are priceless!
The stops are good, too...

Great job, y'all!

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW, that is totally amazing. I know how hard it is to do this animation thing so there is huge amount of work in it. I cant even begin to guess who the band members are (other than Eddie and Pat).

Good luck with the album Eddie.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Pat,

great animation. What software did
you use for it?

Guenter

boehm #311273 09/22/15 05:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Pat,

great animation. What software did
you use for it?

Guenter

Hi Guenter,
I used a bunch of different programs to create bits and pieces of scenes and props that all got combined into what you see in Eddies music Video.

The main program is called MUVIZU, and it works a lot like BIAB.

Like BIAB, it has predefined content that you can arrange into an animation pretty quickly. Also like BIAB, for anybody who is willing to do the work to go beyond the predefined features, the sky is the limit. It provides hooks to introduce new elements, which is what I like to do.

There is no predefined content for fiddles, so I used a different animation program named Anime Studio Pro to create the scene in which the fiddle is being played.

I also used several 3-d modelling programs to create props like the fiddle and a few other things that got cut from the final video.

After all the scenes were recorded, I brought everything into Adobe Premiere Elements, imported Eddie's song, and slid each scene along the timeline until it lined up with the music.

Eddies song was perfect for an animated video because it's funny, upbeat, and colored by Eddie's bigger-than-life personality! I hope the addition of video draws people to Eddie's Kickstarter site so he meets his funding goal. (He's currently only about halfway there)

To the best of my knowledge, Eddie is the first of us to try Kickstarter, and if it works out for him, more forum members may want to give it a try.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
cool stuff there.

I wouldn't know where to start on doing a video like that.

Tell that bass player to put a shirt on.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Tell that bass player to put a shirt on.

bass players are ROGUES! You can't tell them NUTHIN! ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JosieC
I cant even begin to guess who the band members are (other than Eddie and Pat).

here's a hint... Eddie's posts contain a profile pic (affectionately known as "Bad@$$ Eddie") and another, more genteel picture in his tag line (Affectionately known as "good Eddie")

The singer is "good Eddie" (including jacket and tie!)

The keyboard player is "bad@$$ Eddie" including black beret, and overall dark look)

Drummer is loosely modeled after Tommy Adams

Fiddle Player is based on Floyd's profile pic, with the long straight hair... top hat was added in homage to Tom Petty (who isn't on the forum, at least not under that name)

Bass player was originally based on the only defining feature in 90db's profile pic... his signature white fedora! Everything else is random, since I have no idea what Bob looks like. But as Floyd noted, Bud also wears a fedora... and he even plays bass... so, your call whether to see Bob or Bud in the bass player! (Except Bud's in better shape than my animated bass player, who probably couldn't wheeze his way up a 10 degree incline on a mountain bike)

and of course, the acoustic guitar player (added as an afterthought because Eddie requested it) is yours truly.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW!!!

Pat, I can't begin to imagine how long it must take to
complete a project like that. And I think some of my simple
audio and lyric video productions get tedious...your's will
stop my whining!

I have a somewhat loose conceptual notion of how you
are doing this but being able to integrate the different
pieces of software into the end result is amazing.

The time and talent are very obvious to this listener
and viewer.

A BIG tip of the fedora to you Eddie for a really nice
production. It's a great write/arrangement/performance
and sounds wonderful on my monitors. I'd love to know
some details about the production. Hope the CD does
well for you!

Janice is with her mother today and I'm very much
looking forward to her reaction to this later this
evening.

Kudos to both of y'all!!

J&B

PS I wear shirts smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Good luck with the album Eddie.

Thanks Jo. Now, you DO know it is available for international sales, right? If I can get you to bite, my old English pal Rog (who provided a lot of guidance and idea-making tweaks along the songwriting road), and any of our users from Australia (like maybe Keith From Oz, just to drop a hint), I can legitimately state that I am a professional recording artist with sales to fans on 4 continents!!! grin

Last edited by eddie1261; 09/22/15 11:11 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
WOW!!!
A BIG tip of the fedora to you Eddie for a really nice
production. It's a great write/arrangement/performance
and sounds wonderful on my monitors. I'd love to know
some details about the production. Hope the CD does
well for you!

Let me give you some backstory as well as some production info.

I have made light many times of the fact that I have been married 3 times. I have sworn that I will never do it again. However, there is a wonderful woman here who sings like an angel and writes amazingly deep, sometimes dark lyrics. I totally adore her, and would have LOVED had things gone further. However, she is just not interested in it going further, so in the true spirit of "it is what it is", I wrote this song about that situation. I really am one who can get by on nothing. My "big TV, a satellite dish and a cellular telephone", and as long as I have my dog, I'm good.

BUT.....

"Baby for YOU ya know I'd do it again. (Hands spread open in the what the he** gesture) Here goes nuttin'." Another is the story about that same girl and me wanting her from a distance. Another is about when I quit drinking, another about how I realized to live life to the fullest after a near fatal car accident, one is the story of a girl who moved to LaLa land to find fame and fortune, and came back within 5 years with neither. The rest are pretty much about women who tore my heart out. Thus the title, "Saddle Sores... because sometimes life is a pain in the a**."

Production wise.... it was really one of those things where I just sat down and just hummed a melody in my head as I entered chords into the chord chart (having a good sense of pitch really comes in handy), then rendered out in some bouncy country style (I will see if I still have a reference anywhere to which it might have been). Then I started plopping solos in, the fiddle lick at the head, a little bit of backbeat piano.... that was all straightforward stuff.

Now, as Pat mentioned, the version on the CD has a pedal steel solo in it (And you'll just have to buy the CD to hear it. He's ALWAYS selling, this guy!!!). I went to (I believe) Paul somebody (Franklin? Strickland? I am not by the computer where RB runs.) and generated a solo, and thought "Well, okay" and kept the take. I then generated another. And another. And another. 8 in total. Once I had those solos in place, I started cutting and pasting, like I know you all do. I got those cuts and pastes down to 3 solos, and then cut and paste from there and came up with a MONSTER pedal steel solo. Since that all went down, I played that track for 3 guys in town who play pedal steel. All 3 of them were targets as I was recruiting for a band in case I need to play a release show. All 3 said "I can get close, but I can't play that solo exactly like that. Whoever that is... wow."

From the production/engineering side, I turn that over to my old bandmate who actually does this sort of thing. He prefers Samplitude and has so much experience i it that he is a whiz with that platform. And he has a lot of top quality plug-ins for it. So what went on post production was pretty much out of my hands. My main contribution at his studio was to sing it again and be there to tell him what I liked and what I didn't. He is very good at knowing what kind and how much of stuff. Reverb, compression, etc.... just when to use echo on a vocal.... Glad to have him.

This CD turned out so well that I am now totally jazzed to start the next one.

Last edited by eddie1261; 09/22/15 11:38 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Now that was cool, hot, sick - whatever the most glowing term of the moment is....consider I'm saying it.

I loved the guitar player moves on the solo - all of it - every character looks so pro in every respect. Such attention to detail...

Excellent Pat. (What else can I say...I want one....pouts, whines and stomps feet in unabashed and utterly childish envy....LOL!)

Eddie your song sounds great. Your friend did a wonderful job on the production. Who'd you use for the mastering?

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Eddie your song sounds great. Your friend did a wonderful job on the production. Who'd you use for the mastering?

Thanks Sundance. Because of budget I could not use a major mastering house. The same guy who helped with the production (by his own word, I was my own producer) did the mastering. He's really very good, more so that he even realizes. From inception to this finished, polished project took a while, but finishing a bucket list item while at the same time giving me the chance to tell stories about my life, it was worth it.

He is very good with the "Know what might sound good here? Let's try this." part of it. Also a great singer, primarily a drummer but also plays guitars and keyboard. Does a very good, very popular solo act around town.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Excellent Pat. (What else can I say...I want one....pouts, whines and stomps feet in unabashed and utterly childish envy....LOL!)

aw heck, no need to pout and stomp! Just ask! I'd do anything for you, Josie! (Um.. except drive to Louisiana and deal with those rats. Rats are evil, especially the ones with laser eyes)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195