You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#111887 - 04/17/11 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Valentines' Night
Loc: Durban South Africa
Bruce B Offline
Enthusiast

I use BIAB mainly for practicing solos over standards, but with the advent of Realtracks, it's become useful for backing tracks for the duo (The Elderly Brothers) I play in. This track is really just an improvisation over the chords for My Funny Valentine that I did as an experiment. I'm a guitarist, and I played my Strat (not known for Jazz tones) with my Line6 Pod Farm using an original sound. It sounds to me like a path worth following. Take a listen if you like, and feel free to comment. Just paste the URL into your browser.

http://soundcloud.com/bruce-boome/valentines-night

#111888 - 04/17/11 08:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines' Night [Re: Bruce B]
Bruce B Offline
Enthusiast

Woops, just read the rules. The backing track I used was done with Band In A Box, useing SJAZZC2, as is, nothing added or removed. I burned it as Audio (each track seperate), and put them into Sonar. I also used a free graphic eq plug-in to brighten up the Rhodes a bit, and one to give a touch more edge to the bass guitar. I recorded the guitar in one take, there is one note at the end that is a bit crunchy, but on the whole it was a good performance that I wanted to preserve. I burned it with Kajerhuis Master Limiter inserted into the Master Bus.

#111889 - 04/21/11 04:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines' Night [Re: Bruce B]
Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit

I'm not a jazz man myself. Is this an original compo or not? If not, I'm not altogether sure it should be posted here.

YOu certainly seem to know what you're doing with that electric guitar!

And Bruce, if you don't mind my saying so, you might want to change the name of that band you play in.

#111890 - 04/21/11 07:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines' Night [Re: mglinert]
Loc: Switzerland
Pierre Julien Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Switzerland
Hi Bruce

Really liked your improv on my funny valentine. Must say that smooth jazz is not really my cup of tea. I think it's just the accompaniment that bothers me a bit. But that being said, I think the guitar is more suited than the sax for smooth jazz. The guitar blends a lot more in that type of jazz.

I find your guitar sounds just right to my ears. When I hear your sound, the name of the belgian jazz guitarist Philip Catherine comes to my mind. From one chorus to the other you renew yourself very tastefully in the improvs paths you take. Great job. Don't know if I agree with Marc though, on your band's name. Seems like the band as a long and bright future ahead. Hey, we do live longer nowadays...

Pierre

IMac OSX 10.6.5 / latest BIAB
vista BIAB 2008

#111891 - 04/21/11 02:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines' Night [Re: Pierre Julien]
Loc: California
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Very tasty Bruce

Trax

#111892 - 04/21/11 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines' Night [Re: Muzic Trax]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Now this is music!

Great chops here man. Who says Strats can’t be used in jazz? It’s not the guitar it’s the man playing the guitar!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

PG Music News
Polish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Istnieje wiele ekscytujących nowych funkcji w Band-in-a-Box 2019!

Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019: Pakiety
Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019 dla Windows : Nowych Funkcji

Spanish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 para Windows® está aquí!

Nuevas características
Todos los Paquetes

Video - Repeats & Endings Dialog Overview for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, video we go over the Repeats & Endings Dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Learn more...

This video includes information on repeats, 1st/2nd endings, dc al coda, ds al coda, dc al fine, ds al fine, and Fake Sheet Mode.

Testimonial - Woody Piano Shack's Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box®

Check out our latest Video Testimonial from Woody of Woody Piano Shack! Woody uses Band-in-a-Box primarily as a training tool within his YouTube channel and private lessons. He's been a Band-in-a-Box user since the Atari ST days, and is very impressed with the evolution of our program - watch and you'll see! Click here...

Video - Audio Harmony Overview in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

We've updated our Audio Harmony Overview video using the latest Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Windows program! Watch now...

Learn even more about Audio Harmonies using the Online Manual, here.

Danish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 til Windows® er klar!

Pakker
Nye funktioner

Dutch Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 voor Windows® is hier!

Pakketten
Nieuwe Functies

Forum Stats
29496 Members
60 Forums
58133 Topics
488342 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Emily, Tigz, Pauldordt, cptnzod, Carl the Mac man

29495 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)