Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Using loops for inspiration seems to be very productive for me. I haven't written so many songs in a long time!

Here's another...

I started writing "Can You Imagine" just before John Lennon's birthday. As the song title indicates, that event provided a bit of inspiration, too.

In addition to creating a video using BIAB, I have also included a lead sheet that was generated by BIAB. I've provided this so that anyone interested can get an insight into what bar settings I used in the software. (This lead sheet can be found on Soundcloud via the audio link below.)

BIAB-made Video:Can You Imagine

Audio (Soundcloud):Can You Imagine

Recently I bought Miroslav Philharmonik and I used this and Roland VSC/DXi to create the midi sounds heard in the arrangement.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Regards,
Noel

BIAB Details

Style: _PNO16BR.STY (16ths Piano Pop-Rock [85 RS])

RealTrack 1759: Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 085
RealTrack 1767: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 085
RealTrack 1764: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Pop16thsA-B Ev16 085
RealTrack 1761: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 085
RealTracks 1856: Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085

RealDrums: RockBritDrivingEv16^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Lyrics

Can you imagine a scene like this?
We're standing with one another, side by side
And singing together in harmony
With confidence, heart and a mountain of pride

Can you imagine a sound like this?
An ocean of people who sway and sing
In chorus together, friend with friend
Making the heavens reverberate and ring

It all begins with a single voice
One voice to lead the way
Sooner or later another joins in
Then it starts to grow
And hundreds join the show

Can you imagine the power and strength
If a world full of people were singing strong
Flooding the planet in the sounds of peace
And everyone singing the same song

[Instrumental]

It all begins with a single voice
One voice to lead the way
Sooner or later, another joins in
Then it starts to grow
And millions join the show

Can you imagine the power and strength
If a world full of nations were singing strong
Flooding the planet in the sounds of peace
And everyone singing the same song
Everyone singing the same song

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Wow Noel, not only have you stepped up production but you are also maintaining your normal well thought out lyrics, melody and production.

IMO, your lyrics match well with John Lennon's Imagine and it's easy to imagine this doing quite well commercially recorded by a major artist.

Because of the arrangement and your slight accent, I also could hear this with Barry Gibb doing the honors. That would be a nice birthday tribute to the late Mr. Lennon.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice Noel. It's refreshing to hear a song about peace. There used to be a lot of them.

Enjoyed it.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Nice Noel
I really like the use of non-even bar numbers. It introduces an interesting level of anticipation.
Yes the Miroslav Philharmonik really provides a fantastic dynamic, rich and full.
Did I notice a choir sound in the background too? It worked perfectly.
Top job.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel,

very uplifting song! Like your lyrics and
delivery. I especially like the part where the
choir comes in.
I enjoyed my listens a lot.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, If everyone had your attitude the world would be a much better place. I am beginning to think that you never get depressed. I like the unusual chord progression and the unusual rhyme scheme. (at least to me anyway) The dropping of the drums except the snare during the cello solo was inspired arranging. And what a big big overall sound! The choir sounded great-money well spent. You keep moving forward in your singing, writing, arranging and production. I can hardly wait to hear what comes next. Excellence lives here. Bravo! Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Noel,

This is the perfect Christmas song!
Appropriate lyrics, beautiful music and vocals (yes, nice chorus!).
We could imagine John Lennon singing it.
Very well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the chord changes and the melody of this, so nice, not to mention the lyrics. enjoyed.

Kenny

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel.

A beautiful song with admirable sentiments.

The cello solo was perfect.

Great production and mix.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well done again sir.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

nice song and great voice as usual.

I like the real tracks you choose.

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Wow Noel, not only have you stepped up production but you are also maintaining your normal well thought out lyrics, melody and production.

IMO, your lyrics match well with John Lennon's Imagine and it's easy to imagine this doing quite well commercially recorded by a major artist.

Because of the arrangement and your slight accent, I also could hear this with Barry Gibb doing the honors. That would be a nice birthday tribute to the late Mr. Lennon.

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for taking time to have a listen. I enjoyed putting this one together. What BIAB makes possible these days is just brilliant! It's such an amazing tool.

Thanks for the visit,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Very nice Noel. It's refreshing to hear a song about peace. There used to be a lot of them.

Enjoyed it.

Regards,

Bob

Hey Bob,

Good to see you. There have been some fantastic songs written about peace. Some of them have really made a difference, too. As a theme, I sure it will be recycled again one of these days - most things seem to come and go like a merry-go-round.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
SRP Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
I agree with all the comments that everyone else have submitted. To me, your harmony at bars 56 and 57 sounds very much like the Beatles harmony on "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". I had noticed that in another song that you did. You do a superb job on everything that you write.
Sonny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A very nice write, Noel. It has the feel of a classic "group sing" type song..."We Are The World"..."I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing"... the melody goes to all the right places for that...

The background voices are a nice touch. The drums are especially nice, too.

By my third listen, I could hear the world singing along...

floyd

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Nice Noel
I really like the use of non-even bar numbers. It introduces an interesting level of anticipation.
Yes the Miroslav Philharmonik really provides a fantastic dynamic, rich and full.
Did I notice a choir sound in the background too? It worked perfectly.
Top job.

Thanks, Trevor.

I've always been impressed with David Cuny and his arrangements using Miroslav. So when the software was $49 recently, I purchased it. Talk about a bargain! The sounds are amazing. The choir comes from this software. I used the 'Female Ah' sound and wrote a couple of small sections of 2-part harmony. I wasn't sure how it would work but it seems to have done the job.

Also, part of the "anticipation" you feel with the 9th bar in some sections is certainly due to the odd number of bars (although 9-bars per section was not unusual in Bach's day), it's probably also enhanced by the fact that the 9th bar is 2/4. I've heard the song so many times now that I can no longer feel this sort of movement. Your comment gave me an insight and I appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Noel,

very uplifting song! Like your lyrics and
delivery. I especially like the part where the
choir comes in.
I enjoyed my listens a lot.

Guenter

Hi Guenter,

Thank you for visiting, listening and commenting. The choir and church bell were late additions to the arrangement. My main reason for adding the Miroslav Philharmonik vocal sound was because I couldn't get my own vocal harmony to work effectively and I really wanted to use voices to lift the last section of the arrangement. When I wrote a couple of simple midi counter-melodies and channeled them through the Miroslav plugin, it sounded good so I left it.

Thanks again for taking the time...

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
I can think of nothing much to add to the other comments except to say having watched the video a few times that the presence of Bar 13 initially threw me and I thought that as this song would fit as "the last dance" type of song this would not make dancing easy, but then I am no Astaire. The 2/4 bar seemed to work better before the chorus.

I also thought the song would sound great with just a solo acoustic guitar, no other instruments, in verses 1 and 2. Then a build up.

Up to your normal standards grin

Alyn

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Noel, If everyone had your attitude the world would be a much better place. I am beginning to think that you never get depressed. I like the unusual chord progression and the unusual rhyme scheme. (at least to me anyway) The dropping of the drums except the snare during the cello solo was inspired arranging. And what a big big overall sound! The choir sounded great-money well spent. You keep moving forward in your singing, writing, arranging and production. I can hardly wait to hear what comes next. Excellence lives here. Bravo! Tom

Hey Tom,

hmm.... I suspect that 'me' in real-life and 'me' in my songs might be two different people! ... LOL ... I'll keep that just between you and me, though. Thanks for passing through. I always look forward to reading how you hear my work and I appreciate the insight you give me.

In relation to the chord progression, I wanted to use the flat seven chord.... I, bVII, V7.... (in this song that's G F D7). It's a chord that I picked up from Jai Josef's book "Writing Music for Hit Songs". Once I became aware of it, I realised that I'd heard it a number of times over the years but never appreciated what it was.

I'm glad the choir worked for you because I was in two minds about using it! Onto the next song now.... (I've already got the loop happening!)

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hello Noel,

This is the perfect Christmas song!
Appropriate lyrics, beautiful music and vocals (yes, nice chorus!).
We could imagine John Lennon singing it.
Very well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

Thank you for your uplifting thoughts. Thanks for the idea about Christmas, too. That wasn't something that occurred to me as I wrote it. I appreciate the visit.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195