Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#316568 11/01/15 01:02 PM
User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
One morning in the studio Daniel ask me what we would be working on and I handed him some lyrics. I said this is a song that I had and idea for and that it would be a fun song. He took a look at the lyrics and started laughing and I said see I told you it would be a fun song and Daniel replied I wasn’t laughing because it is a fun song but seriously the title is "I Became Elvis". I said yes, and that is who I want you will be this morning. It doesn’t have to be a perfect Elvis but just that it appears to be him. You only have to be Elvis on the chorus and be yourself on the verses. After a few times of me teaching him the first verse Daniel said lets do it (he is a very quick learner). We always record the verses first, the chorus second and then any background vocals if needed. After completing the verses, I sang the chorus for him and then we started recording and…well I guess you’ll just have to hear it for yourself.

I Became Elvis

I know
You want believe
But something fell over me
Then I became Elvis

Standing
Upon that stage
I began to sing these songs
With the voice of Elvis

A well a bless my soul what’s a wrong with me
I’m doing the jailhouse rock
Don’t be cruel to my teddy bear
And of course my hound dog

It’s strange
Yes I know
But the spell came over me
And I became Elvis

Repeat chorus

It’s bright
These Vegas lights
But I’ll never give up these songs
Cause I became Elvis

Style - elvis1.sty elvis 1- 50’s rock shuf blues
Drums - Country shuffle - Shawn Soucy
Bass - 2287 - acoustic jazz swing ron walking - Ron Carter
Guitar - 372 - acoustic strumming - Tony
Piano - 1855 - acoustic country boogie - Jeff Taylor
Guitar solo - 1710- electric western swing - Brent Mason

HP AMD Athlon(tm)II B28 processor with 3.4 GHz 16GB ram - Mixcraft 6 DAW with Waves Diamond effects - 32" Westinghouse flat screen monitor - Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 interface - Studio Projects B1 mic - Sony HDR 7506 and Sennheiser HD 202 headphones - 2014 BIAB.

Last edited by SRP; 11/01/15 01:02 PM.
SRP #316636 11/02/15 03:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sonny and Daniel...

HAHAHA! Y'all really nailed the sound. Nice instrument group and a very good mix.

The vocals on the verses are really in the pocket. The background vocals (again!) are stellar!

A fun listen, for sure...

floyd

SRP #316648 11/02/15 06:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
S & D , I was completely hooked from the first measure. Super production. The guitar break is killer. The vocals are over the top. The mix is as good as it gets. Really outstanding work in every way. Tom

SRP #316651 11/02/15 06:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The Kings live on!!, King Daniel and King Sonny that is

That is EXCELLENT!!
Everything is perfect and that guitar solo really made me want (Scotty) moore !
The backing vocals were spot on.

A good write and an excellent production

really enjoyed
Alyn

SRP #316652 11/02/15 06:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Daniel & Sonny,

The chorus really sounds like Elvis!
It's a top notch musical production.
Sonny: did you sing the verses too, or only the choruses?
The description was not completely clear to us (Dutch as we are crazy)

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

SRP #316655 11/02/15 07:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Sonny and Daniel,

a real fun song. Very well done, from the lyrics to the arrangement and the vocals. I especially liked
the background vocals.
I enjoyed this very much.

Guenter

User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Sonny and Daniel...

HAHAHA! Y'all really nailed the sound. Nice instrument group and a very good mix.

The vocals on the verses are really in the pocket. The background vocals (again!) are stellar!

A fun listen, for sure...

floyd

Thanks Floyd, It was a lot of fun doing this one.
Sonny

tommyad #316660 11/02/15 07:38 AM
User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: tommyad
S & D , I was completely hooked from the first measure. Super production. The guitar break is killer. The vocals are over the top. The mix is as good as it gets. Really outstanding work in every way. Tom

As I said above, Daniel was totally surprised that I ask him to try an Elvis impersonation but he rose to the challenge as he always does. He is game for just about anything.
Thanks for the feedback,
Sonny

gibson #316661 11/02/15 07:46 AM
User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: gibson
The Kings live on!!, King Daniel and King Sonny that is

That is EXCELLENT!!
Everything is perfect and that guitar solo really made me want (Scotty) moore !
The backing vocals were spot on.

A good write and an excellent production

really enjoyed
Alyn

Wow Alyn! Thanks for making my day! Daniel will really be surprised with your comments. Elvis's early years were my favorite and I did try to find something in BIAB to get the Scotty Moore sound and Brent Mason was as close as I could find. Thanks,
Sonny

SRP #316662 11/02/15 07:49 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Great job on this one. Enjoyed it from start to finish.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
RnAM #316663 11/02/15 07:54 AM
User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Daniel & Sonny,

The chorus really sounds like Elvis!
It's a top notch musical production.
Sonny: did you sing the verses too, or only the choruses?
The description was not completely clear to us (Dutch as we are crazy)

Rob and Anne-Marie

Actually Daniel, who is a good friend, did all of the vocals. Up to this point he has done all of my vocals. I do the arrangements and vocal stylings and of course the lyrics and instrumentation. I will let Daniel know that you guys liked his Elvis.
Rob and Anne-Marie thanks for your kind comments,
Sonny

boehm #316664 11/02/15 07:57 AM
User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Sonny and Daniel,

a real fun song. Very well done, from the lyrics to the arrangement and the vocals. I especially liked
the background vocals.
I enjoyed this very much.

Guenter

Thanks Guenter, I will let Daniel know what you said about him. I really appreciate you listening and sharing your thoughts.
Sonny

User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Great job on this one. Enjoyed it from start to finish.

Thanks Charlie, I am glad that you took time to listen and give me your assessment. I enjoyed getting into BIAB and coming up with a band to pull this one off. Usually I don't look for a particular artist (just styles of music) to imitate, but I had to do something in the way of Elvis. It was a challenge and turned out to be a lot of fun.
Sonny

SRP #316668 11/02/15 08:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sonny,

This is excellent! Loved everything about it.

Bob

SRP #316679 11/02/15 10:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I might be the odd man out...and usually I am.... but I never really liked Elvis. Seriously.

Then for a time, I played in a band where the leader of the band, and singer, thought he was Elvis.... and did a fairly poor imitation.... complete with the jump suits and scarfs. I knew this and he assured me that he wasn't going to do an Elvis show any more.... first night on stage, about the 3rd song in.... he says... "gimme a G chord boys"... and whips into "Well its a one for the money, two for the show....." Wasn't on the set list and we hadn't worked it up in practice. Suddenly, a dozen EP songs were on the set list every night. (gag me) Then he comes up a few weeks later and says, "Hey, I booked a New Years Eve gig for some good money.... but they want the full EP show.... suit, scarves, hair....we gotta get you guys some tuxes " I quit the band soon thereafter because I said, hey, if we're gonna do that crap, we ought to do it right and work it up.... he disagreed and didn't feel we needed to rehearse any of it.... so I left before I was fitted for a tux.

But I digress.....

Your song is cool...as far as EP goes.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
SRP #316702 11/02/15 12:48 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Hard for me to add to what's been said, but I agree with it all!! Very well done. Your son is an excellent singer, and he really "became Elvis" in those passages. Wonderfully done. You nailed it!! Take care. Greg

SRP #316706 11/02/15 01:03 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Sonny,

You and Daniel have done a great job with this! It's a well-earned standing ovation from me!!!

A terrific listen.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
rsdean #316726 11/02/15 02:55 PM
User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Sonny,

This is excellent! Loved everything about it.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for listening and letting me know your thoughts.
Sonny

User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I might be the odd man out...and usually I am.... but I never really liked Elvis. Seriously.

Then for a time, I played in a band where the leader of the band, and singer, thought he was Elvis.... and did a fairly poor imitation.... complete with the jump suits and scarfs. I knew this and he assured me that he wasn't going to do an Elvis show any more.... first night on stage, about the 3rd song in.... he says... "gimme a G chord boys"... and whips into "Well its a one for the money, two for the show....." Wasn't on the set list and we hadn't worked it up in practice. Suddenly, a dozen EP songs were on the set list every night. (gag me) Then he comes up a few weeks later and says, "Hey, I booked a New Years Eve gig for some good money.... but they want the full EP show.... suit, scarves, hair....we gotta get you guys some tuxes " I quit the band soon thereafter because I said, hey, if we're gonna do that crap, we ought to do it right and work it up.... he disagreed and didn't feel we needed to rehearse any of it.... so I left before I was fitted for a tux.

But I digress.....

Your song is cool...as far as EP goes.

Herb I truly understand...I do appreciate your honesty. There are a lot of top performers throughout the years I have little interest in myself. It would be hard for me to give a non-bias assessment of some artist that falls in that category but as far as the people on this forum I would look at their accomplishments as you did and avoid the well known artist. I enjoyed your story and I can see why there would be frustration...I have played in three different bands (many years ago) and what you went through would be the end for me also. Too bad you didn't wait and get the tux and then leave (just kidding).
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Sonny

User Showcase
SRP Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Hard for me to add to what's been said, but I agree with it all!! Very well done. Your son is an excellent singer, and he really "became Elvis" in those passages. Wonderfully done. You nailed it!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,
Thanks for posting your comments...Daniel (he is a friend) and I really enjoyed recording this one and I sent him a text tonight about all the comments we have been getting from the songs that I have posted. He was very thrilled and a bit surprised by this song (he did not know how it would go over). Hopefully he can free up some time in the near future and we can do some more recording.
Thanks again,
Sonny

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,630
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234
38,498 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193