Print Thread
Go To
#317164 11/07/15 04:40 AM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi,
I haven't been here in a long time. I've been using biab since the Atari ST and DOS I think. I started using it again this year to practice and jam with. I use simple styles and progressions to play over. I did this last night.

I'm playing a Telecaster into a Mustang 1 amp, plugged into a simple mixer. The guitar effects all come from the amp.

I used BIAB and Powertracks for the recording. Both from 2009.
Any other info please ask. I'm hoping to meet people here again and exchange ideas and make friends. Peace.

I hope you enjoy this.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/8086734/dirty-fingers

Last edited by Mr White; 11/07/15 04:57 AM.

Don't let that picture fool you. It's 25 years old.
Just an old guitar player, mainly blues... (Wayne)
Mr White #317184 11/07/15 06:32 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Hello,

Great guitar, very clean.
Which effects did you used in detail?

I play a Telecaster American standard too.
I think it gots a great sound.

Sergio

Sergio
Mr White #317193 11/07/15 06:55 AM
User Showcase
SRP Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Welcome back,
I have always enjoyed the Telecaster and your playing has just reinforced that enjoyment. Great playing and sound! I hope to hear more from you. You have a wonderful talent!
Sonny

Mr White #317203 11/07/15 10:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mr. White...

Welcome to the Showcase!

Stunning guitar work! Awesome tone. I think it may have been Bud who once said..."If I could play guitar like that, I'd never get anything else done.."

It would be nice if the drums and bass were mixed in to be more a part of things..

Spectacular! Looking forward to more...

floyd

Mr White #317223 11/07/15 11:11 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Welcome!! I don't think I've heard anything from you before. Man, you make that axe sing. I agree with Floyd that the bass/drums could come up some. This would be excellent film score music. Enjoyed very much!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi, Thanks.

I go straight into my Mustang 1 amp. I use the 65 Deluxe Reverb amp model. First is compressor, then ducking delay and then reverb.

I got this amp after losing my equipment in a flood back in 2011. I didn't have the money to buy effects pedals again, plus I moved to an apartment where I could no long play at any kind of loud volume. I edit the patches on my PC using Fender Fuse software connected by usb.

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I realized after I mixed it and posted it, the bass and drums were too low. I got lazy and wanted to post it quickly. Next time i'm going to make sure there's a better balance.
I have a couple of old tracks I did that I pulled off some old tapes. They have a better example of BIAB too.
Thanks again. It's nice to feel welcomed.

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I had stuff here years ago. I can't log into my old accounts due to lost email accounts. I think they were "Redguitars" and "Blueslogic".
I'll be posting more soon. Probably an old blues track with vocals. Thanks again.

SRP #317236 11/07/15 12:47 PM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I just remembered, my Telecaster is stock except for Joe Barden pickups. I forget about them because I installed them when I got the guitar back in 1988,
I love that it still sounds like a Telecaster. A lot of replacement pickups lose that Tele bite. Not these.

Mr White #317529 11/08/15 02:42 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice licks. It's good to hear someone play with a smooth confident approach.

Nice guitar tone. But yeah, you already know it, the mix is too "guitar heavy".... As guitarist it's all too easy to crank the guitar in the mix, but just contemplate the overall mix and ask what's best for the song.

I like to play without effects too, for the most part. plug into a good tube amp and crank it up. That's all you really need. You don't need no stinking effects. Well, maybe just a touch of reverb but who really considers that an effect anyhow when talking about guitar?

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Mr White #317532 11/08/15 03:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You sure do know your way around a fretboard! Excellent playing. More bass and drums. I enjoyed it. Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,510
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195