Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Has anyone from PG acknowledged the reported crashes yet?

Win10Prox64/i7-6700@3.8G/32G / Studio One Pr 4.1.1
TASCAM US-16x08 / FaderPort / Fishman TriplePlay / Nektar LX61+
RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
Please post a screenshot of your ASIO driver setup dialog. Thanks.

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 12/02/15 07:21 AM.

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
An issue has been reported with the non-Engish editions. The cause is known, a fix is in the works and should be available within the next day or so. The workaround is to set the language to English.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
My language IS English

RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Jeff Yankauer
Please post a screenshot of your ASIO driver setup dialog. Thanks.

Prior to clicking OK when changing from MME

As soon as I click OK

RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Once the error dialog is shown, none of the buttons do anything visible. The only way to continue is to kill RB in Task Manager

Last edited by BobF; 12/02/15 08:32 AM.

RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Additional note. BiaB 2016 works fine with the same driver selections

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
BobF,

I'm hoping one or more of my thoughts might help.

Have you checked Tascam's website to see if you are using the correct Asio driver for the version of Windows you have on your computer?

Does your Tascam driver give you the ability to select bit depth? BiaB and RealBand work with 16 bit depth. Perhaps there is an issue converting the input from 24 to 16 bit.

Same question concerning the Asio driver setting for sample rate. BiaB and RB use 44.1Khz sampling so any other setting must be converted.

While BiaB and RB can convert audio, it's additional steps and increases the potential for crashes. I'm trying to come up with things that will allow RB to get up and running until PG Music can find and repair the underlying issue.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
BobF,

I'm hoping one or more of my thoughts might help.

Have you checked Tascam's website to see if you are using the correct Asio driver for the version of Windows you have on your computer?

Yes. Verified by a number of other applications, including BiaB 2016

Quote:

Does your Tascam driver give you the ability to select bit depth? BiaB and RealBand work with 16 bit depth. Perhaps there is an issue converting the input from 24 to 16 bit.

Same question concerning the Asio driver setting for sample rate. BiaB and RB use 44.1Khz sampling so any other setting must be converted.

44.1/16 is configured and working correctly for BiaB'16. I use 44.1K in my DAW apps as well.

Quote:

While BiaB and RB can convert audio, it's additional steps and increases the potential for crashes. I'm trying to come up with things that will allow RB to get up and running until PG Music can find and repair the underlying issue.

Thanks for the ideas. I can't get far enough along with RB to verify the SR/depth settings, but I can run BiaB, verify the settings, then exit and start RB. 44.1/16 are the setting I have in Windows as well, so there isn't anything that should be changing them in between.

OK ... while typing my reply I got the idea that RB might be crashing due to droput (too small of a sample buffer). I normally run the interface with a 64 sample buffer. I just cranked it up to 512 and tried with RB again and it took the config without crashing.

So there are two things left to do:

me: see how low I can go with sample buffer size with RB without dropouts

PG: make RB handle dropouts in a more elegant way

smile

Sound right?

Thanks again

Last edited by BobF; 12/02/15 10:29 AM.

RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Oh well, results aren't consistent. I do think we're in the right area though.

If RB is supposed to be a DAW of sorts, I'll back-burner for a while and see what future updates bring

RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
Bob,

I just tried RB with the same really small buffer sizes, and I did get occasional dropouts but no crash yet.

Are you saying you got the Tascam driver working with higher buffer size setting of 512?

I'm looking to confirm that the problem is not Int24LSB per se. Sounds like it isn't, since BBW uses similar routines, and you said it does work fine in BBW, right?

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Works fine in BBW all the way down to 64 samples. I can't get RB to start again though after getting it thru config once. Same error even at 512.

Even if I let it go back to defaults on startup and try to reconfig again.

I'll keep trying what I can think of and post back here.

RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
BobF,

It appears that you have many ASIO drivers on your system. I'm wondering if you get the same results with other ASIO drivers?

Thanks,

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 12/02/15 04:13 PM.

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
BobF,

It appears that you have many ASIO drivers on your system. I'm wondering if you get the same results with other ASIO drivers?

Thanks,

Those others aren't traditional interfaces like the 16x08.

RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
Does else have any issues with the 16x08 with RB, when using ASIO, or any other Tascam interfaces with RB & ASIO?

Thanks,

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 12/02/15 06:52 PM.

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
P
PRF Offline
P
Yep. TASCAM US-2X2, but with RealBand 2015. I've been holding off upgrading to 2016 until I can get it sorted in 2015.

TASCAM ASIO driver working will all other applications but otherwise crash on selecting the TASCAM driver. Windows Task Manager the only way out.

TASCAM driver v1.02; Firmware v1.01
Buffer size: 512 samples
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Once RealBand has crashed and subsequently terminated, restarting results in instant crash:
Access violation at address 004A8B02 in module 'RealBand.exe' Read of address 000007FF at: 004A8B02

If I start and minimize BandInABox, RealBand will start although popup declares "Error starting ASIO driver"

Set Audio driver preference to ASIO and choose US-2X2
ASIO "always on" is checked
Preload Track Buffer MS: 2000
Input Ports: US-2X2 In 01 + US-2X2 In 02
Output Ports: US-2X2 Out 01 + US-2X2 Out 02
Buffer size 512 samples
Actual ASIO buffer size in MS: 11.61
Actual ASIO sample rate used: 44100 (Resampler NOT in use)
Click OK,
Popup: "Error installing ASIO driver. If this error persists, reboot Windows."

Well, at least the program doesn't crash.
Choosing MME driver and MS Sound Mapper both Input and Output appears to be the only option that doesn't produce immediate error message. Haven't tested program for functionality yet though.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, 8GB SDRAM, Intel i3-4150 3.5 GHz

RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
BobF,

You've got a PM regarding ASIO. I've got something for you to try to see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
PRF,

It sounds like your issue may be different than BobF's issue.

What format is the driver? Is it INT24LSB or some other format?

Regarding the message, are you sure it doesn't say "Error creating ASIO buffer..."

Thanks,

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
BobF Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
BobF,

You've got a PM regarding ASIO. I've got something for you to try to see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,

RB is looking good, Jeff! See my PM reply on BBW

RealBand
P
PRF Offline
P
Hi Jeff,

The driver, as noted in Windows\System32\Drivers, is US-2x2_US-4x4.sys

Choosing MME driver and MS Sound Mapper both Input and Output does work.

If I attempt to choose ASIO and select the US-2X2 from the listed ASIO drivers I instantly receive Windows' popup dialogue: "Access violation ...etc "

Can't close popup dialogue (I guess that makes it a "monologue", doesn't it? Microsoft! Such kidders. :-)

The RealBand window doesn't regain focus to display a message such as "Error creating ASIO buffer" while the "dialogue" box insists on reclaiming focus each time I try to dismiss it. My only useful response is to kill the RealBand process with Windows Task Manager or by unplugging the Tascam interface USB cable.

When I pull the interface plug, I am then able to dismiss the error dialogue and RealBand returns to functionality.

Keeping the interface offline, I now select the ASIO driver and receive an "Error starting ASIO driver" and a popup dialogue stating: Error:
"Your ASIO driver uses a MAC-based data format. This program does not support MAC-based formats."

That's odd. BandInABox never complains. Perhaps a note to TASCAM (if anyone's home there) might be in order.

I may assume you've not encountered anything like this. Certainly seems odd to me. I don't recall this symptom when previously using the TASCAM US-144 MkII ASIO driver.

Peter

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,582
Posts734,703
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 198