Page 2 of 2 1 2
Best of YouTube
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Great idea!

My vote goes for Scott Devine, a truly master of the bass guitar, a great insturctor and a great guy.

http://www.scottsbasslessons.com/

I second this nomination.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
TROY BRENNINGMEYER (teaches Dobro and lap steel lessons)

HIS YOUTUBE SITE

his non-youtube web site is HERE

Not all of his lessons are free, but he offers a LOT of free teaser lessons to acquaint people with what he has to offer.

And he's a BAND IN A BOX customer, uses BIAB backing tracks for his lessons, and I think to create printed music.

Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran

Best of YouTube
F
F
Hi.

I've been using Band in a Box for years and reading the forums regularly but I've just registered. Our son (12) was wanting to learn guitar but there are not any teachers near where we live so I looked at the recommendations on the forum. A few people have recommended ROG and we have found his site really useful.

Our son is now learning lead and rhythm guitar and making good progress. There are backing tracks to practice to and over 100 videos for learning chords. I would certainly recommend his site to anyone else learning guitar. His site is

www.music-prof.co.uk

Thanks for such a great forum.

Best of YouTube
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
I just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to the people who've nominated us in this thread.

We're flattered by the mentions and encouraged to keep improving and adding to the site.

Many thanks too to PG MUSIC - RealBand and PowerTracks are used extensively in the preparation of our videos, particularly the backing tracks, which are used for lead solos and chords practice.

We now have 350 videos running and most of our lessons are in both English and French and strangely, even though we're based in York, England, we get more views from France than anywhere else.

So, we're pleased that you found the site useful and once again, many thanks.

ROG.

Best of YouTube
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
Better late than never smile

New user to the software.. absolutely love it..

I play blues guitar and I have to recommend Brian Sherrill from https://www.activemelody.com/ and his you tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCecl4C6gPzRnvQw7hJeJz6A

He always teaches everything he plays note for note in his lessons. He has been doing this for over 5 years now.

I personally have been playing since about the time dirt was discovered, but, I pick up new stuff in his videos every time.

His lessons a partially free, usually the lessons are in 2 parts, with a free part and a premium member part. The premium part is very reasonable too, $7 a month, and cancel or restart anytime you want.

He focuses on blues guitar, almost all styles, and worth looking at.

Best of YouTube
J
J
I'd like to suggest Geethanjali for Veena lessons, found on YouTube at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYlgC9R6_xY

This veena teacher is a great player herself. I think she has in depth knowledge about her veena. Her style of teaching is also impressive.

Her personal homepage is at ...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKSG9SSX8j50kF6LyzJAhg

Regards,
Jennifer Langley

Best of YouTube
Journeyman
Journeyman
This guy really nails the good things in jazz guitar.
He is a Dane living in the Nederlands.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jenslarsen02

Best of YouTube
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
- Name and youtube username - Julian Bradley - JazzTutorial - https://www.youtube.com/user/jazztutorial/videos

- instrument (e.g. guitar) - Keyboards

- genre (e.g. jazz beginner guitar) - Jazz

- comments (optional) (e.g. great teacher ...) - Julian stays focused on blending the sound of the music you are hearing with the transcription (representation) of the music. So, for example, when discussing the topic of modes/scales, you hear what a Lydian scale sounds like, and how to spot it in written form in sheet music, and how it sounds/looks different than a Mixolydian scale for a given key signature, etc. Nothing "new" about this, but Julian presents the theories in self-contained chunks that seem more organized than that which I've seen on other music theory sites.

I would really like to see PG Music collaborate with Julian on some sort of BIAB music theory package, since I enjoy Julian's insights and format.

Best of YouTube
P
Pet Offline
P
I'd like to nominate walk that bass for jazz piano lessons on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/walkthatbass

I think he's relatively new but I find his lessons pretty easy to follow and interesting

Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
AS we start 2017 I'd like to nominate:

David Wallimann

You can find him at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wallimann/featured

- Guitar
- Fusion

David Wallimann is a huge "you-tube" channel guy with a on-line guitar instruction site. But don't hold that against him. grin

This guy is a fantastic guitar instructor who absolutely goes on fire at times with his videos. I have been a follower for years. His Master Class Videos can be simply eye opening and game changing for the closet guitarist and "music student" who craves web based instruction.

For any guitarist who thinks he knows how to play modally this (and I mean DW's entire class plan) is must viewing.

I have had the pleasure of working with David, including a year of woodshedding with his class material. He opened my eyes to modal playing and presents this topic like no other guitar instructor. His instruction borders on "story telling" and he tell a great story based on his mastery of the guitar fret board.

And by the way, he is a BIAB Guy! grin I know there are others in our forum who have enjoyed and been educated by DW. Would love to see him recognized and honored for his tremendous contribution to web based musical instruction.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Best of YouTube
Expert
Expert
I am also nominating Andrew Wasson, I have learned more from his lessons than any git-fiddle player I have tried. grin

- Name Andrew Wasson youtube channels
Creative Guitar Studio https://www.youtube.com/user/creativeguitarstudio
guitarblogupdate https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1iBPmVzzcHqJSXBcPppPkA
[s][/s]

I would also like to nominate Jared Falk over at Drumeo...

https://www.drumeo.com/

A a drummer I love the structured, to the point, lessons & guest's that stop by. If you are a drummer it is worth the cost, and if you are even just programing drums this site will give you inste into HOW drummers think. cool

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Best of YouTube
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
- RecordingRevolution https://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution?feature=watch
- instrument: studio
- recording and mixing
- comments: a lot of little but important stuff most of us amateurs aren't aware of explained in an understandable way -- and he doesn't get angry when we play his videos over and over...

I second that one!Graham is awesome and makes the recording/mixing process easy to understand for beginners like me.

Windows 10 64 byte
BIAB 2017 MegaPak
Best of YouTube
Expert
Expert
Marty Schwartz
Guitar instruction: Blues, Folk, Rock
No list could be complete without our old pal and
virtual guitar teacher, Marty Schwartz. Here's a
sample with about nine million views:
[Marty Schwartz](https://youtu.be/llNuwhZWXKA)
Marty is a pioneer in online teaching. He has kept his
friendly, informal style, and most important, never
stopped making toutorials.
Marty's web site is Guitar Jamz.

Last edited by edshaw; 03/09/18 09:05 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
Best of YouTube
Journeyman
Journeyman
+1 for Jens Larsen.

https://jenslarsen.nl/

Best free jazz lessons for guitar on the net.

Support him through Patreon.

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X
Best of YouTube
Journeyman
Journeyman
Jens Larsen

Scott McGill

Last edited by stratos; 07/13/19 01:14 PM.
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
I'm proud to nominate: Arty Skype of the +++ Skyelab Music Group +++

Arty uses his knowledge gained from more than 30 years as a music studio owner and producer to advise singers, artists and music producers about how to advance their music careers. His primary genre is modern pop.

His videos are knowledgeable and well presented.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Best of YouTube
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
This thread has been quiet for a while.

Eric Blackmon of Eric BlackmonGuitar
Mr. Blackmon has many great tutorials and also uses Band in a Box to create his backing tracks.

Joanne Cooper
Joanne makes wonderful backing tracks with chords and lyrics using Band in a Box/RealBand and also has a Web site with tutorials so students can create their own backing tracks to practice to.

Henry Clarke
Mr. Henry recently started tutorials and features Band in a Box tutorials that are only matched by the outstanding songs he writes, arranges, produces and performs. His songs can be found on major platforms like Spotify, Facebook and YouTube.

Mr. Blackmon is a straight up guitar music teacher while Joanne creates easy to follow, understand and play along music videos helping students learn how to play their favorite songs and Mr. Henry Clarke is a master at helping students learn arrangement and production techniques for both covers and original songs.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/10/22 09:23 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Eric Blackmon

Joanne Cooper

Henry Clarke

+1

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Best of YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Eric Blackmon

Joanne Cooper

Henry Clarke

+1

Certainly another +1

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195