Go To
#322290 12/01/15 09:14 PM
RealBand
S
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
S
I just just like to say thanks to everyone in the forum over the years. I'm sorry if I have bit a bit hard at times, just very passionate about RB and trying to improve it. I always go out of my way to help others in the forum and real life that's just who I am.
Maybe my standards where too high and I asked too much, but hey, I tried.

I helped a friend some time back with his music using RB, this was another one of the tracks off of one of his albums, it's like a farewell as I want to get into doing other things.

All the Best to Everyone and PG,
Thanks,
SR.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi SR,

I hope you really don't stray too far. One thing I can say is that IMHO you have made significant efforts over the years, always with the goal of improving and bettering the programs.

You've promoted the products, made useful suggestions, and constructively criticized, but not unfairly.

Yep, sometimes your unorthodox delivery speaks volumes of your frustration, but I really believe that your heart has always been in the right place.

I genuinely hope you will change your mind and stay active in the forums. Your ideas, tips and tricks, and suggestions are inspiring. Sadly, I too realize that somethings take a long, long time to get recognized.

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
solidrock,

I'm going to miss you. There's no-one around on these forums who has the depth of knowledge you have with BIAB Mac and PC. In addition to this, your knowledge of software (especially music related) is unparalleled.

Also, I listened to your songs recently and thought they were excellent. (I'm always a bit on the slow side when it comes to commenting. Apologies for that.)

Enjoy life!

Hope to see you again eventually smile
Noel

P.S. I've learnt heaps from you. Thank you for all those lessons in your post.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Sorry to see this. I'm a big fan of RB and you. I've enjoyed your posts and your insights. We all continue to learn the BIAB suite of tools including RB and always seem to find some helpful gems in your posts.

Thanks for your contributions to the forum and thanks for just being here.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Solidrock, I'm very sorry to hear you're leaving and I hope you"ll come back.
You are making such a nice series nylon guitar usertracks, where pgmusic did not care to make them.
On many issues you are the expert and sometimes running ahead of the troops.
Pity pg did not follow your advices, though I am pleased with what they did with 2016
greetings from the Netherlands
Rob de Klerk

Last edited by rodipoet; 12/02/15 03:01 AM.

Rob de Klerk, Dutch singer-songwriter
https://www.robdeklerk.nl

Biab 2023, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete 14, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Presonus studio 24c
RealBand
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
thanks for all you've done i wish you well

one ? what will be the status of http://www.realband.org/ i find it very useful

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Solidrock,
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you'll reconsider at some point. In any event, thank you for your great contributions and we'll miss you.

Fwiw, our usual schedule is that major features are worked on for the Dec. release, and minor fixes/small features are added in the first part of the year as a free patch. You can see that pattern in the features lists for the various patches in the support page. http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2015_8

This years plans are no different, and you should see many of those items on the list addressed early in the New Year.

Peter

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: solidrock
I just just like to say thanks to everyone in the forum over the years. I'm sorry if I have bit a bit hard at times, just very passionate about RB and trying to improve it. I always go out of my way to help others in the forum and real life that's just who I am.
Maybe my standards where too high and I asked too much, but hey, I tried.

I helped a friend some time back with his music using RB, this was another one of the tracks off of one of his albums, it's like a farewell as I want to get into doing other things.

All the Best to Everyone and PG,
Thanks,
SR.

Don't be ridiculous. You're not going anywhere. You will be absorbed. Resistance is futile.

Do I have to send Luca Brasi over to make you an offer you can't refuse?

RealBand
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Solidrock - and I sincerely hope it's not Hello & Goodbye.

If you're set on going, I must thank you again for the FX button patch which you sent me. Each year for three years I put that request on the wish list and even asked Jeff if there was a reason why he didn't appear to want to implement it, without response. This is a shame, because we've come to expect better service from PG. The patch you made transformed my working environment. You may find that hard to believe, but the number of times previously where I had missed something patched into a mixer channel really began to bug me.

If you wanted just ONE reason to stay with the forum, it must be that you have eventually prevailed where I, for one, could not - the blue button has at last been implemented! Effecting real change like this must be THE BEST reason to stay and I hope you will reconsider your position and continue to help make Realband and Powertracks the programs which we both know they can be.

Regards, ROG.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
SR:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2015-12-06_11-17-32.jpg (12.77 KB, 140 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
C
Expert
Expert
C
Sorry to hear that. Your contributions were simply brilliant.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,633
Posts735,246
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 180