Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#246265 04/02/14 08:42 AM
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
For those of us using BIAB for IPad in performances, the following improvements are crucial:
1. Ability to go to the next song in a directory in one step rather than through the "open" menu,
2. Ability to go straight to song's end at any time with one tap,
3. Visual, rather than auditory, count-in.
These improvements would make this app ideal.

Last edited by AlastairLC; 04/02/14 08:43 AM.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
In addition to these before-mentioned wished-for improvements, the following errors need to be corrected:
1. Once songs are transferred to the IPad, they can't be renamed or deleted. Tapping on the down arrow to the right of the listed song in the Open menu gives those options only for the first song in the menu, not the song tapped.
2.Diminished chords don't show as diminished.
3. Highlighter doesn't track in 3/4 time.
4. Volume changes made on the PC don't transfer to the IPad. This is true for tracks, mutes and fade outs.
5. Intro and outro sections are too dark to read.

The IPad version of BIAB is such a useful version, it's a shame these things haven't been corrected.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you for the recent upgrade to the BIAB IPad app in which you corrected the problem of songs not being able to be renamed or deleted.
However I don't think you addressed the other problems I mentioned in my earlier posts.
Most importantly, we really need the ability to go to the next song in a directory rather than going through the multi-step Open menu. There's room for a "Next" icon at the top of the screen that could do this.
Thanks.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
One other request: a variation on the "one tap to next song" ability. After playing a song, tapping "File, Open" should bring us back to where we were in the directory of songs, not the beginning of the list so we have to scroll down, creating more dead air space.
Any chance of having these improvements for Xmas?
I've got an important gig coming up. Thanks.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
D
dkm Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Amen to those suggestions, Alastair. A "next song" in a folder in which the songs could be arranged by setlist rather than alphabetically would be a huge help. I'm using the app on gigs and it ends up taking an inordinate amount of time to locate the next song in my set list by having to scroll through alphabetically and select the song.

Other Programs Wishlist
D
D
I haven't been able to save to folders (though I can make folders) while downloading, and I don't see any way to move files to different folders, so hopefully this can be addressed (if it isn't just my problem). At least I can rename songs for a gig with a number in front to put them in order in the list if needed.

The biggest problem for me right now is not following properly if the song is not 4/4, particularly 3/4 music (where the style has "waltz" in it) but also when I have time changes in bars.

Of lesser concern is the lead-ins. It seems I have to include the 2-bar drum tap in the audio file, but when I tell the app to not include the lead-in, it often cuts off part of the first bar (sometimes a complete 1/4 note) when starting. This usually isn't much of a problem (though it doesn't sound great) since the app shows me where it is in the music, but for 3/4 music it is a nightmare. A setting to say that a lead-in is not included in the audio would help here.

A more consistent chord font size (user preference) would be nice, instead of the jumble I get when I have multiple chords per bar.

Of course, the real dream is to show notation on the page. A simple way to do this would be to print to PDF and include the PDF in the download of the file, and highlight the bars on the appropriate pages. Since BiaB can control how such a PDF is printed, it can know how the resulting pages are formatted and where the bars are.

Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Dan, the IPad version will save the BIAB song file to whatever folder it was in on the desktop version. You can then save it to a different IPad folder using Save As, then, using the up arrow to get to the folder you want, tapping Save.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
D
D
Thanks, Alastair, that helps.

Dan

Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
One more thing: when renaming/deleting a song, the directory pops up to the beginning of the song list instead of staying still so the name can be changed/deleted (without having to scroll back down).

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I forgot to mention: the iPad version doesn't handle repeats.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Some features that would help me.

1. Set list capability - or just a better (quicker) interface for selecting songs
2. Individual track volume control. Levels are never equal. Some need tweaks.
3. The ability to add and play simple mp3 or wav files with the player. There are just too many times where one needs to process a biab version with a DAW before making it playble onstage. Likewise sometimes its just easier to purchase a backing track. These can't be used in the biab ipad version

The visual capability to see where you are in the song is a great thing. But only 50% of my material is in biab/wav/IPAD format. Having the 3 features above would allow me to use the ipad app as my main (perhaps only) onstage software.
That would indeed be beautiful.

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
The current iPad version can handle your first two needs, MrGeeze.
1. If you create a set list in your PC version, it can be downloaded to the iPad. New songs already on the iPad can be easily added directly to the set list using "File/Save as".
2. Individual track volumes can be adjusted using "Settings/ Volume".
The iPad app is my only onstage software.

Last edited by AlastairLC; 08/16/16 11:56 AM.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Another thing. The usual way to create set lists is to place numbers in front of the song names so the songs appear in the playing order rather than alphabetically. This doesn't work in iPad BIAB for lists longer than nine songs. "10. Song Name" appears after "1. Song Name". (I end up using "9A, etc.) There must be a way to fix this.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
When I created numbered lists, I usually use enough digits for the number of items in the list by using leading zeros.

So, I use 01, 02, ... 09, 10, 11, .., 99. If you use 00, you get 100 items on your list, and it always sorts properly.

Likewise, 001, 002, ... 009, 010, 011, ... 099, 100, 101, ... 998, 999. If you use 000, you get 1000 items on your list.

Does this not work for you?

Lots of programs sort that way. It's because it views the file name as a text string, not a number followed by text.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Why didn't I think of that! Yes, that works perfectly. Thanks, John.

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
If the improvements suggested on this thread aren't a high enough priority for PGMusic yet, can we at least get a "Next" button to move to the next song in the directory in one step? I can live with all the other issues for now, but the current multi-step process is a real problem in a performance setting. Please PGMusic, can we have just one little button? smile

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Still waiting for PG Music to fix and improve their iPad/iPhone version. It’s been 4 years! Can we at least get a “next” button? Please?

Cheers! -Alastair
Other Programs Wishlist
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Another glitch in the BIAB for iPad/iPhone:
If you touch the text space for song name, the program freezes and you have to reboot your iPad. Not good in the middle of a performance!
PGMusic, fix your program!

Cheers! -Alastair
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,493
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195