Band-in-a-Box for Windows
L
lambada Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
L
Hi

I get this message (particularly in jukebox) and everything goes haywire timing wise. I'm on windows 10 with BIAB 2016. I've sent this in yesterday to Pgmusic, so it's early days, but I wondered if anyone else had seen it? I tried using only Realtracks at approximately their original speed, give or take 20 bpm but it continues to happen seemingly randomly. Different songs each time and more often in Jukebox mode.

Basically, if I can't sort this, I can't use BIAB live - so back to rendered wave files and no midi automation in BIAB which would be a drag, as I've now got my midi automation up and running.

Thanks.

Neil

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
error message.jpg (218.53 KB, 249 downloads)

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Veteran
Veteran
Are you "running BIAB as administrator". That's the first thing I'd try (well, maybe the second... I might try resetting BIAB to defaults first and the reselecting appropriate drivers and relevant configuration items.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
Interesting....

... have you removed the "Silence" RT and simply set the volume to zero for the Soloist to see if that might be the cause?

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
J
Expert
Expert
J
I get this all the time on both my laptop (Win10) and my desktop (Win8). I have been having this error message pop up periodically since RealTracks first came out back in 2009. My friend in another location, who also has BIAB installed on his desktop system, also gets this same message on a periodic basis. It usually happens when we add additional RealTracks to the Melody or Solo track but not always. It is hit and miss all the time. It might be OK when you load a particular song but crashes the next time that same song is loaded or regenerated.

Trust me, after 6 years of using RealTracks and trying just about everything known to man, I have not been able to eliminate the problem.

It is not a show stopper for me, it is just one of those still lingering annoyances of using BIAB in its present form.

I never get it on a pure MIDI song, only songs that have RealTracks since I think that this particular part of the program only deals with RealTracks. But since I am not a programmer, I am only guessing at this as a layman.

I just attribute it to bad programming and just restart the program and reload the particular song I am using at the time and it usually reloads OK.

I do find it interesting that when I look at the properties of dllelastiquePro.dll on my desktop, the details tab shows a date modified of 11/22/2010. Not sure if that is the last time that particular DLL file was actually coded or not. If so, it seems we are due for an updated version.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
J
Expert
Expert
J
Noel and jford:

Since you both have been around for quite a long time on forum discussions and are classified as "Veterans", do either of you ever get this message?

Last edited by jcland; 01/11/16 01:15 PM.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Veteran
Veteran
Hi jcland,

I've never had this message.

Looking at the name of the file, it seems to be related to zplane's Élastique software that PG Music use for modifying the Realtrack audio files when they are assembled into a backing track. That's why I wondered if maybe the "Silence" track was having an effect.

You mentioned that this access error seems to arise more often when RTs are on the Melody or Soloist position. Again, this is in keeping with the the original poster's placement of Silence.

What is your sound setup and do you use MME or ASIO?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
L
lambada Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
L
Thanks for the response, and I'll try all the suggestions. smile

I don't normally have Realtracks on soloist or melody tracks. I am however, using midi controllers on those tracks. It's the only way I can get it to work. I have my Nova guitar multi effects controlled on the soloist track (midi channel 16) and my Voicelive 2 controlled on the melody track (midi channel 4). It works a treat for changing controls. I found I couldn't consistently get control changes to work when they were both on the same track but pointed at different midi channels.

I do find I have to empty the tracks first to get the midi working which for me is a bit hit and miss. The trouble with using midi controllers is that it's all sort of self taught and from help on the forum as it's not covered in the manuals. I guess it's a bit obscure.

My problem is that if I can't run my BIAB tracks through jukebox automatically, it's all a bit troublesome. As the other commentators have mentioned, the error appears randomly and varies as far as which song it is. From what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound like it's me doing something wrong or stupid per se. eek

Perhaps it's time to move to Realband grin

Last edited by lambada; 01/11/16 02:24 PM.

BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
L
lambada Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
L
Hi

Just got this from Pgmusic. I'm on Build 430 and I'll check if I'm on Admin status when I go home.

Fingers crossed.

First, please download and install the latest Build 430 update from here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#430

Then, with the program closed, please right click on your Band-in-a-Box shortcut and select Properties | Compatibility | check "Run program as administrator" and click apply. Then just double click on your Band-in-a-Box icon to launch the program.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for passing the info on. It's always good to know suggested solutions. Good luck!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Please let us know, as that was my suggestion as well.

And, no I have never received this error.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

J
Expert
Expert
J
Noel:

My current setup on my Desktop is running the sound through my Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface using their built in ASIO drivers. Before in the past, I have had it running through my old Line6 Audio Interface using their built in ASIO. I have also ran it straight into my MB built-in Realtek sound system using both MME and ASIO4ALL and gotten the error message.

I also run everything using full Admin Privileges via changes in my Windows Registry Group Policy settings.

Outside of using an updated dllelastiquepro.dll file, I have tried just about everything I can think of to eliminate the error message from occasionally popping its ugly head up.

Also, my initial install of BIAB is the 2009 version. Everything I have after that all the way up to version 2016 is via upgrades only.

I have had it pop up using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 both on an AMD Processor and MB and an pure Intel Processor and MB.

Last edited by jcland; 01/11/16 05:18 PM.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Veteran
Veteran
JCLand -

Even though you have Windows set to run with full administrator privilege, I would still try setting the specific BBW.EXE to "run as administrator". The rules for administrator privilege changed with Windows 7 (and carried through 8 and 10). I've found just setting the UAC to the lowest level isn't always the same as specifically stating "run as administrator".

John

J
Expert
Expert
J
jford:

Way ahead of you on that one John. One of the 1st things I did when I encountered the error message years ago was to 'change' BBW.EXE to run in full admin mode. That did not fix it.

I also changed UAC setting long before I even installed BIAB or any other program on my computer. Since I build all my own desktops, I have full control on what is installed, no bundling here.

My Administrator settings are done deep in the registry via the Security Policy settings which I modify.

I have been in the computer tech business for about 40 years now so I have tried just about everything. I am not an expert by any means and this one not only stumps me, it really bugs the heck out of me!

Still working on the problem and will be trying an experiment today by reinstalling BIAB again from 2009 on via my upgrades.

Oh and BTW, I have, in the past, done a clean install of Windows 7 and 8 and only put in BIAB and I still get the error message so I know for a fact the problem is not caused by a 3rd party program install. It is just Windows and BIAB.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
L
lambada Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
L
I've clicked on the Administrator check box, just in my icon and no difference. Now it's happening every few songs. It's making the jukebox basically worthless (sigh).

Edit: I just ran the Windows 10 compatibility option on the BBW.exe file and it churned away telling me it had made some changes. Anyway, so far it has played about 10 songs in jukebox without a problem. My screen looks a bit chunkier, and I've no idea what else it did, but if it continues to work, I'll be very relieved. Happily watching my effects units automatically flickering away and changing settings via midi...... cool grin

Last edited by lambada; 01/12/16 05:57 AM.

BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Veteran
Veteran
This is definitely a weird (and obviously intermittent) problem.

Wish I could offer more.

John

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
We haven't heard of that issue before, and since it's been happening to you since 2009, that means it isn't due to Windows 10, and was happening with earlier versions.

I'd suspect it's something song-specific, or as you suggest, track specific (Melody or Soloist track). I doubt that its caused by the Elastique.dll, since its happening certain tracks. Just as an experiment, you could turn on or off the setting Prefs-RealTracks-High Quality Tempo/Pitch Stretch, to see if that makes a difference. If the issue persists, please email us a song where it happens, referencing this thread. (possible causes other than a bug in BIAB, could be faulty hard drive, bad memory, out of memory (many tracks, long song)

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
J
Expert
Expert
J
Peter:

I need to make a correction/clarification on my initial post. The problem started showing up after the 2011 upgrade since the new method using High Quality Tempo/Pitch Stretching was not in the 2009 or 2010 version of BIAB.

I also notice that since the 1st inception of this ability to do high quality stretching using the file dllellastiquepro.dll, that particular file has never been updated since it 1st was installed in 2011.

I did an experiment this morning by installing a new copy of BIAB starting from 2009. When I upgraded the 2010 version to 2011 and the file dllellastiquepro.dll showed up in the BB directory for the 1st time, I moved that file out of the BB directory to see if my 2012 upgrade would replace that missing file with a possible newer version. I did this same process upgrading to 2012.5, 2013, 2014, 2015 and finally 2016.

Each time I moved the file dllellastiquepro.dll out of the BB directory before doing the next sequential upgrade and each time the file dllellastiquepro.dll showed up in the BB directory after doing the next upgrade. However, the properties of the file were exactly the same. In other words, the file dllellastiquepro.dll has had the same property details since version 2011 of BIAB came out. File size was 437,272 Bytes and the modification date was 11-22-2010. What I see is that dllellastiquepro.dll has never had an update since 2011.

I would be more than happy to work with someone on this to finally resolve my long standing problem. We work on 3 different computers and all 3 has had this error at some time. My last encounter was yesterday after regenerating a song we added a RT to.

I will turn off the High Quality switch and give it a try. As far as hardware, I doubt seriously that is the problem since we have had this happen on 2 desktops and 1 laptop. Desktops use AMD processors and the laptop uses an Intel I7 processor. All 3 computers have 8 gig of memory. I run BIAB on a separate 2 TB 7200 RPM Seagate HD on my Desktops and a 2 TB Hardrive on the Laptop. Sound system are different on all 3 systems as are the video cards. I have tried all combinations of running no anti-virus or malware software, shutting down all un-necessary programs in the background, full admin settings in the Security Policy setting on all 3 computers and so on. I have been playing with this problem on and off for over 4 years now. Next time the problem shows up, I will send PG Support as much detail as I can.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Apprentice
Apprentice
For what it's worth, I have used the Jukebox feature in a live praise & worship setting every weekend for over eight years now, updating the BIAB program each and every year and always adding all new RealTracks, and I have never seen this message.

I use RealTracks on everything but strings but I never use the "Silence" track nor do I ever put any RealTracks on the Melody or Solo tracks, so maybe that has something to do with your problem. I am currently using Windows 7 (for about the last 3 years) but I used Windows XP in the past and, again, have never, ever seen this error message.

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz
Veteran
Veteran
Hmmmm...Springfield and Hong Kong. Opposite sides of the world. I wonder is it's that wormhole thing the aliens and DARPA were working on at Area 51?

Ten years, several computers I've never seen this.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
L
lambada Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
L
The wormhole is certainly zapping me on Streetjelly. I must have the worst Internet connection in Hong Kong. :-( Ridiculous in such a wired place...

BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,623
Posts735,197
Members38,520
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185