Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#334015 01/29/16 07:54 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is my first creation for 2016.

The melody began simply by playing around with the latest tracks in BIAB 2016. The new cello Realtrack for a slow waltz is brilliant! and inspired me to write something.

This is the first song I've composed using the Audiophile version of BIAB.

[Link no longer valid]

Regards,
Noel

WORKFLOW
  • create in BIAB
  • use multiriff in Realband to generate additional tracks for comping
  • record vocals and mix in Reaper.

BIAB INFO
  • Style: _CELLOWZ.STY (Slow Cello Country Waltz)
  • RT 1121: Bass, Acoustic, CountryWaltz Sw 085
  • RT 2450: Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085
  • RT 824: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Country Waltz Sw 085
  • RT 2557: Cello, Background SlowWaltz Sw 085
  • RealDrums: NashClassicWaltzSw^4-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

LYRICS
© 2016 by Noel Adams

One two three, one two three, round and around
It's like we're waltzing together on our own clouds of sound
The orchestra leads us as we dance round the floor
And with you in my arms
I don't need anything more

The best day I've ever known, in all of my life
Was the day you said “Yes” and we became man and wife
As heaven is my witness, you're the one I adore
And with you in my arms

Since the music started, you've stayed by my side
Holding my hand
Being my guide
On the dance-floor of life, you've never once let go
You keep me calm
Confident
Following the flow

One two three, one two three, round and around
The orchestra leads us as we dance round the floor
And with you in my arms
You in my arms

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/24/20 02:16 PM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel

Great effort again. Ideal Modern Waltz tempo, and the lyrics are superb.

The Cello fills in perfectly, capping off a very romantic delivery from all parts.

Great job for sure.

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Noel

Great effort again. Ideal Modern Waltz tempo, and the lyrics are superb.

The Cello fills in perfectly, capping off a very romantic delivery from all parts.

Great job for sure.

Trev

Thanks Trev!

I appreciate your taking time out to have a listen. The new cello Realtrack is magnificent.... a perfect addition to a modern waltz.

Thanks again.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent vocal and lyric

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

First a question... the acoustic guitar sounds great. It is spread across the stereo field perfectly.
Did you do something to accomplish that???? That is essential in making your band sound so good with the small group of instruments you have chosen. I seldom hear people do that. Please share!!!

The addition of the nylon guitar is excellent. They are hiddem gems in the BIAB stable.

The drums are at just the right level for this. The bass, too (subtle).

The late addition of the cello is a delight. Great touch in the tag at Bb -> Bbm (a guess).

"our own clouds of sound" << nice phrase!

The additional measure in your title line is a nice technique. At first, throwing the listen off just a bit - then becoming a real gem as the song continues and develops. When it comes around the second time, the ear says "Yes!"...

I love where the bridge goes melodically (and lyrically).

I like that you chose to repeat the first verse as the last. Works exceptionally well for a song like this.

A delightful vocal. A perfect mix. This is terrific. One of your very best.

Excellent write. Creating a lyric that is "simple", yet meaningful is one of the toughest task a songwriter can face. You've done that beautifully...

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, Very nice lyrics and once again very well sung. I agree with floyd that extra measure works very well. A great mix and the cello is perfect for this. A great sound and a delightful listen. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel,

it's all been said. I can only add that
I enjoyed my listens very much.
A good start for 2016.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man this is awesome.

I am glad you got audiophile, and I am so glad I did too. It is SO worth the extra change. The sound quality here is crisp and brilliant--ready for radio as they say.

I love the warmth and texture of this style. Keep going man, and welcome to Audiophile. It is addictive, though, I will warn you. My wife is starting to give me "that look"--I spend so much time in studio. I must be careful now!!!!

smile

User Showcase
SRP Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Real good song Noel, I enjoyed the listen. To me you always have a Beatle sound to your voice that I like. Some parts of this song sounds somewhat like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Great job.
Sonny

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Excellent vocal and lyric

Thanks Scott...

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi floyd,

It's always good to see/read you! Thanks for the comments. I appreciate them.

On to your questions...

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
First a question... the acoustic guitar sounds great. It is spread across the stereo field perfectly.
Did you do something to accomplish that???? That is essential in making your band sound so good with the small group of instruments you have chosen. I seldom hear people do that. Please share!!!

I'd love to take credit for being a master audio engineer but, in all honesty, I owe the sound to serendipity.

I think the fullness you hear is partly due to the audiophile edition in that there is slightly more depth/warmth to the guitar in its original wav (as compared to the wma) - it's not hugely noticeable but it's there. This gives more frequencies for the below effects to work with.

Mostly the stereo spreads comes from my settings in Reaper and Ozone. In Reaper, the acoustic guitar track is panned at 37% left. I also have two reverbs spread across the stereo field, I call them short (< 1 sec. decay) and long (> 1 sec. decay) for convenience, and they are panned at 60% right (short) and 50% left (long). The other instruments also have their own unique 'short' and 'long' reverb panning.

The preset I started with in Ozone used mid/side EQ (see below). This preset was found under "Balanced" (Ozone 6) and it's called "Enhance Stereo Image". The top image shows the 'Mid' settings and the bottom image shows the 'Side' settings... I didn't modify these.

The above Ozone preset also had a fair amount of stereo imaging from the IMAGER module which helped fill up the L/R field. As you can see below, the instruments' fundamental frequencies are pretty much in the range covered by Band 2 and this has significant stereo width added (51.9).

The addition of the nylon guitar is excellent. They are hiddem gems in the BIAB stable.

Yes indeed. Brent Mason has some great nylon guitar work. In the jazz arena, Oliver Gannon's nylon guitar playing is also brilliant.

The late addition of the cello is a delight. Great touch in the tag at Bb -> Bbm (a guess).

Bringing the cello in late is something I picked up from Steve Young and from you. A number of his and your arrangements work on the principle of 'save the best for last'. Using this principle, I held off using the cello for as long as possible smile

.... and yes... it was Bb to Bbm...

Quote:
I love where the bridge goes melodically (and lyrically).

As soon as I finish notating the music, I'll put it up on Soundcloud. Musically, the song is in F major and the bridge goes to Bb major. In Nashville notation, I've used a 2m 5 1 progression in Bb as the opening chords of the bridge. This progression seems to be very good at establishing a key change pretty quickly.

Lyrically, because I wanted to repeat the first section as my last section, I needed the bridge to give me somewhere to go and to create another perspective for the repeated section.

In my head, the first time through the "one two three, one two three..." section is literal... it's two people dancing on a dance-floor. The bridge becomes more philosophical and the dance-floor becomes a metaphor for life. Hopefully this perspective was sufficient to transform the repeated section into a 'journey through the years' for the dancing couple.

floyd, thanks again for the comments. After reading through them, I don't think the day can get much better... smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G

Very nice line!! This is a sweet listen, both in terms of the content and the mix/instrumentation. Really nicely done. Solo string works great, as does the nylon (love that patch!). Really nice stuff Noel!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
There are just too many things that are right about this. I really loved listening to it. Thank you for such a nice song!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Noel
Lovely song. Had a nice overall Australian flavour to it as well (enjoyed the vocals).

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful song and voice !

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
wonderful soundscape.
and floyd again says it all for me.

You gave an interesting answer to his questions. I shall stop disrupting the class; move to the front and pay attention to that!

I don't use Ozone any more, my mixing "skills" (hahah!) are built from trial and error from vst's from the past BUT I will try and translate your methods to my way of working.

I do like your method of writing which is SO different from mine!

A great listen as usual from you

An impressive start to the New Year

Alyn

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Noel,

Nice love song! The lyrics is nice. Your vocal is attractive. I especially like the part accompanied by cello. It changes the mood slightly but effectively. I enjoyed a lot!

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Noel, Very nice lyrics and once again very well sung. I agree with floyd that extra measure works very well. A great mix and the cello is perfect for this. A great sound and a delightful listen. Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for dropping in. Appreciate it. The cello Realtracks are incredible! In this instance, they really helped the song fall into place. I had the cello playing throughout the entire mix while I was writing the words and music... it helped. It was only afterwards that I decided to delay bringing it in.

Hope 2016 brings good songs your way!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I think this is your best so far.

As heaven is my witness, this song I adore
And with its sound in my ears
I don't need anything more.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 01/31/16 01:15 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
So well done, and the acoustic guitar Wow! Enjoyed the listen and the lyric.

Rob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,500
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195