Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Does anyone know how to get BIAB 2016 to see the TTS-1 synth and play through it? TTS-1 works fine in Cakewalk Music Creator 7 and sounds great too. It resides in this folder: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\TTS-1.
Running Windows 8.1, BIAB2016 UltraPluPak from USB drive.
The only reason I purchased CW MC7 was to get the TTS-1. The BIAB website advertises this: "Plus, Music Creator 7 includes the TTS-1 synth, which can be used as your MIDI sound source in Band-in-a-Box®and other programs. The TTS-1 is a General MIDI 2 softsynth powered by Roland, that compares favorably to hardware sound modules." No response from support@pgmusic.com and no response from cakewalk either.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
Veteran
Veteran
Is your version of Windows 8.1 a 64-bit version?

Did you install the 64-bit version of the TTS-1?

If both answers are yes, are you running JBridge?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
It's working now. Cakewalk is not suppose to give phone support for Music Creator 7 but Joe at CW help me anyhow. I had to find my hidden files, reinstall MC7 as 32 bit, (I had installed 64 bit.) Now BIAB is playing great through the TTS-1. BTW, jBridge did not help me get the TTS-1 working but I figured $10 is a decent utility to have.
I suppose the trick is to purchase Cakewalk Music Creator 7 and install as 32 bit. BIAB2016 is a 32 bit program running on my 64 bit system. Therefore BIAB once I installed the 32 bit version of MC7 the TTS-1 automatically showed up on BIAB DXi list and once chosen works fine.
I now have CW MC7 64 bit and CW MC7 32 bit both install and 2 short cuts on my desk top. Joe at CW said there will be no conflict but I can rename the short cuts as needed.

Last edited by Tobias; 02/08/16 11:16 AM.

Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Note on purchase price; PG and Cakewalk both advertise MC-7 for $49. During purchase from CW, (PG was out of registration codes) the price changed to only $19. Joe at CW told me that's because I had installed a previous version of MC-5 and registered it at CW site with a CW profile. The download recognized this and dropped the price for me. So, people might be able to grab this TTS-1 directly from Cakewalk for $19. Simply create a CW account/profile, log out/log back in. Start the $49 purchase process for Music Creator 7 and see if the price drops when in the check out shopping cart. Please post back if this works for anyone.

Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks, Matt Finley, for the reply. In my case it was opposite. I had to install the 32 bit version of MC-7 to make it work.

Last edited by Tobias; 02/08/16 11:24 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
jBridge doesn't help with a DXi synth, only with a VST synth. So as Tobias indicated, yes you must install the 32-bit version of MC7 in order to get the 32-bit version of TTS-1 (which is what is required to work with BIAB/RB/PTPA.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
Exactly. That's why I asked about 64-bit.

Glad you figured it out.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Tobias,

Music Creator 5 includes the 32 bit version of TTS-1. Music Creator 7 is the first version of Music Creator to be available in both 32 and 64 bit versions.

There are multiple members of this forum that also frequent the Cakewalk forum.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I miss-spoke. I did not have MC-5. I had an old Sonar LE that came on a CD with the purchase of a Juno Gi keyboard. I had re-installed Sonar LE in hopes I could find the TTS-1 on it somewhere but could not. Perhaps it's somewhere in the sonar hidden files. Even then, Sonar LE did not register the TTS-1 in it's own DXi settings. Maybe I needed to install the 32 bit version of Sonar LE like I did with MC-7. Some of my confusion came from not understanding the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit system/program, etc... I'm guessing a 64 bit system will run a 32 bit program but not vise-a-versa. And that a 32 bit program (such as BIAB 2016) will not run a 64 bit plugin. (Except for VSTs/VSTis with jBridge installed). Either way, I really like the TTS-1 as a generic GM2 synth to punch out basic tracks. A lot of the instruments are very usable and I like the selection of reverbs and editable parameters. It seams to respond well to the output of BIAB. Looks like I'll be powering down my SD-20 and sticking with the TTS-1 for while.

Veteran
Veteran
Tobias,

I'm surprised you prefer the TTS-1 DXi soft synth to the SD-20 hardware synth. Having said that, don't think I'm critical of your choice. I believe it nice to have choices.

Many users have stated they find the SD-20 to have very natural sounds, especially the pianos. Also, when you are recording yourself a hardware synth has much less latency than a soft synth.

None-the-less, the TTS-1 really has some nice sounds too. It is my main synth and I enjoy its sound.

It's nice to have choices, isn't it?

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran
I see you figured out ONE way to get at the 32-bit version of the TTS-1 DXi

however, you can have BOTH the 32-bit or 64-bit (but you have to manually switch it back and forth, a simple file copy and rename. So you have to remember which is set as "default" (32 or 64) before you try to use it inside another application)

see and NOTE THAT THIS METHOD ALSO works for/with Music Creator 7 (wherever you see reference to "Sonar" or "Sonar Platinum" mentally substitute "Music Creator 7"

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=282967&Searchpage=3&Main=40443&Words=vsti+dxi&Search=true#Post282967

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 02/09/16 07:59 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I use the GM2 synth like TTS-1 or SD-20 to punch out the basic track and get my chords and arrangement together, transfer that over to RealBand for piano roll editing, then I start choosing other instruments from various synth. I like the SD-20 a lot too and have some very decent tracks made with only the SD-20 and a DR-770 for drums when I was not satisfied with the SD-20 drums or just wanted to experiment with the 2 together. I did the Coyote DXi trial run but it did not really appeal to me for some reason. The TTS-1 is decent enough, allows me to have less stuff plugged in to get things rolling. But, I do have to ignore some of the tones it makes while entering a song in BIAB all along knowing I'm not going to keep all of it in the end.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195