Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Beautiful. Outstanding song and production. Great vocals Janice.

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
really nice work.

There's been a few really good songs here recently and this is one of them.

Tasty licks on the guitar.

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Hey boys,
this is a superb song, the best I've heard since I'm on the forum!

Great sound and melodic and great vocals.
Excellent reals tracks

Very great job

Sergio

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom & Janice
Stunning!
Everything about that was top notch.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Tommy & Janice

What a great production.

Superb vocals from the entire team here. A really beautiful song, sensational lyrics.

Great listen for sure.

Very enjoyable. Any more?

Thanks y'all! Tom gifted me with this one. I had a wonderful track to sing to and a nice melody/lyric to work with. Well, work is the wrong word since it was fun!

Janice

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
A successfull collaboration Janice n Tom. Thrilling and relaxing in the same time.
Pascal

No hay banda! There is no band! Il n'est pas de orchestra!
No hay banda! And yet we hear a band !

(David Lynch - Mulholland Drive)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom, you and Janice have done many wonderful collabs on here and this is my personal favorite. Simply beautiful.

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Tommy & Janice

What a great production.

Superb vocals from the entire team here. A really beautiful song, sensational lyrics.

Great listen for sure.

Very enjoyable. Any more?
Trev, Thanks. We appreciate the kind comments. Tom
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Plus 1. This is one of your best to date.

When all's said and done, it is our privilege to hear and enjoy your music and Janice's singing here on the forum and knowing the rest of the world is missing such talented writing and performing.
Charlie, With a large dose of humility we thank you. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Gorgeous production, fine song, great vocals, love the instrument choices. The vocal blend sounds absolutely pro, I'm jealous.

Kenny

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another masterpiece!!! The mood is set from the first chord and it is perfect. Beautifully written chorus-captures the emotion. That tele effect is AMAZING! I scanned the RTs about 3 times looking for what that was before seeing it at the top. It just nails the vibe. Janice's vocal-PERFECT! And, the harmony worked great. Tom Adams dot com plays like a greatest hits these days! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Thank you. I always enjoy your comments. And yes Janice's vocal is perfect. Tom
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hey Tommy. The guitar strum at the start of this reminded of Neil Young. Was this recorded or generated in BIAB?

Love that subtle mando.

As usual Janice's vocal is stunning.
Josie, That guitar part does sound a little like Neil Young. It is part of a loop. The mando is a Real Track. Thanks for listening and commenting. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Tom, Bud & Janice !:))

This was really so very
delicately produced !
I loved everything about it !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Plus 1. This is one of your best to date.

When all's said and done, it is our privilege to hear and enjoy your music and Janice's singing here on the forum and knowing the rest of the world is missing such talented writing and performing.

Thanks Charlie. You are very kind!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another masterpiece!!! The mood is set from the first chord and it is perfect. Beautifully written chorus-captures the emotion. That tele effect is AMAZING! I scanned the RTs about 3 times looking for what that was before seeing it at the top. It just nails the vibe. Janice's vocal-PERFECT! And, the harmony worked great. Tom Adams dot com plays like a greatest hits these days! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg. Tom's write and playing are so good on this - it made my vocal come easy!

Janice

Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hey Tommy. The guitar strum at the start of this reminded of Neil Young. Was this recorded or generated in BIAB?

Love that subtle mando.

As usual Janice's vocal is stunning.

Thanks Joanne! That was sweet of you to say that.

Janice

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This is just outstanding! Every time I hear your work, I think the same thing: "this is probably the best song I have heard from you". Here we go again. This is probably the best song I have heard from you (until I go back and listen to one of the older ones)! Janice really nailed the vocals. (No surprise there.) But this one does have a special quality to it. Very heartfelt, honest and extremely well done!

Other than all the above criticisms, I really like this one! smile

Stevev

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,

another hit song!
Vocals and harmony are great.
I liked that guitar effect. Thanks that you told us
what it is.
I enjoyed listening a lot.

Guenter
Guenter,Thank you much. Glad you enjoyed it. Tom
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hey Tom and Janice.

What an exceptional piece of work - the skilfully crafted lyrics, the arrangement, the production, the mix, all absolutely spot on.

Then there's the performances - Janice in that low register again, bringing me out in goosebumps and the subtle harmony from Tom, supporting without ever getting in the way.

This has the air of Fleetwood Mac, with Janice in this key sounding like Christine McVie (or Christine Perfect as we knew her in the old days).

So professional and a real treat. Thanks to you both.

ROG.
ROG, Thanks for the very nice words. That low register of Janice's voice packs a lot of emotion. We always look forward to what you have to say. Tom
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Simply lovin it.
Really glad you commented. Thanks so much. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom -

There is so much good stuff here. holy cow! (you can substitute stronger stuff there).

The opening is stellar. (Did you play the strum?). That "flute guitar" is gorgeous. The "drop" to make room for the vocal is executed perfectly (that is never easy to get just right). Great build.

Great job of building the drum track. Bringing the flute back was a nice touch.

Perfect arrangement.

Janice - you have never sounded more like a star than you do on this song. holy cow! One of your best - among dozens of bests...

Tom, your harmony on this is a true standout, as well. Like Vince Gill behind Brandy Clark. John David Souther behind Linda Rondstat. The kind that you get so hung up on the you forget to listen to anything else going on. So you have to rewind...

But wait..

"I don't want your heart to feel anything like mine" - great line.

"it’s been so cloudy I can’t find my lucky star
No I won’t get my wish tonight"
....That's a why-didn't-I-think-of-that? line.

"Well You can accept the fact it was meant to be
Or keep on looking at the stars And end up just like me"
..... Great song development.

Top-tier write. I used to get to hear a lot of songs performed (by the writers) before they got to radio. And a lot more that were every bit as good as that - they can't all get there. Now and again, you'd hear one that you just KNOW would get there. This sounds like one of those.

floyd
floyd, Thanks so much for your continued strong support. Janice did a standout job on this. We appreciate your comments. Tom
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Another awesome collaboration Tom and Janice. Well done.
Thanks Scott!
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Truly a great collab!
Beautiful lyrics, super professional arrangement.
Janice: we particularly like your vocal here, it has sort of a modest/country feel to it. Beautiful!
Backing vocals by the way are great.
RnAM, Thanks for giving it a spin and the wonderful comments. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, nice song! Good songwriting, good performance and production. Love the vocals and harmonies, very much enjoyed!

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: SRP
Tom and Janice this is very fine song from the both of you. Tom this is a great write and production. Janice this fit your voice perfectly and what a great sound you produced on the Tele Tom.
I really enjoyed everything about it.
Sonny
Sonny, Glad you liked it. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: rsdean
I can absolutely hear this one on the radio - excellent! Great song and outstanding vocal.

Bob
Bob, We appreciate that. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Caloo
A successfull collaboration Janice n Tom. Thrilling and relaxing in the same time.
Pascal
An interesting observation. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Tom, you and Janice have done many wonderful collabs on here and this is my personal favorite. Simply beautiful.
Josie, Thank you very much for your nice comments. Tom
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Gorgeous production, fine song, great vocals, love the instrument choices. The vocal blend sounds absolutely pro, I'm jealous.

Kenny
K, Thanks for the great review. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Tom, Bud & Janice !:))

This was really so very
delicately produced !
I loved everything about it !

Cheers
Dani
Thank you Dani. Tom
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
This is just outstanding! Every time I hear your work, I think the same thing: "this is probably the best song I have heard from you". Here we go again. This is probably the best song I have heard from you (until I go back and listen to one of the older ones)! Janice really nailed the vocals. (No surprise there.) But this one does have a special quality to it. Very heartfelt, honest and extremely well done!

Other than all the above criticisms, I really like this one! smile

Stevev
Steve, Any time we can get a thumbs up from you it makes for a great day. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow, nice song! Good songwriting, good performance and production. Love the vocals and harmonies, very much enjoyed!
Dave, Glad you liked it. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,

another hit song!
Vocals and harmony are great.
I liked that guitar effect. Thanks that you told us
what it is.
I enjoyed listening a lot.

Guenter

Thank you Guenter!

Janice

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hey Tom and Janice.

What an exceptional piece of work - the skilfully crafted lyrics, the arrangement, the production, the mix, all absolutely spot on.

Then there's the performances - Janice in that low register again, bringing me out in goosebumps and the subtle harmony from Tom, supporting without ever getting in the way.

This has the air of Fleetwood Mac, with Janice in this key sounding like Christine McVie (or Christine Perfect as we knew her in the old days).

So professional and a real treat. Thanks to you both.

ROG.

Goodness ROG you are making me blush! And comparing me to McVie? You are too kind. Thank you!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Janice and Tom,

I'm very very late in getting to this one. Apologies. I agree with floyd..."holy cow" x 2. I already thought you two were great before I listened! Now I'm awestruck! This is outstanding in every way. It's a great write, a stunning arrangement, magnificent performances and mixed to perfection. You have both accomplished something very special with this. Yes indeed... floyd was right... "holy cow" x 2.

Awesome!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nice song, very surprising sounds (I liked the flute) and beatifull vocals and backings.

greetings from the Netherlands
Rob

Rob de Klerk, Dutch singer-songwriter
https://www.robdeklerk.nl

Biab 2023, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete 14, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Presonus studio 24c
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice and Tom,

I'm very very late in getting to this one. Apologies. I agree with floyd..."holy cow" x 2. I already thought you two were great before I listened! Now I'm awestruck! This is outstanding in every way. It's a great write, a stunning arrangement, magnificent performances and mixed to perfection. You have both accomplished something very special with this. Yes indeed... floyd was right... "holy cow" x 2.

Awesome!
Noel
Thanks for the wonderful comments, Tom
Originally Posted By: rodipoet
Nice song, very surprising sounds (I liked the flute) and beatifull vocals and backings.

greetings from the Netherlands
Rob
Thank you Rob, Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195