Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#336722 - 02/15/16 01:04 PM [User Showcase] PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account!
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

PG Radio is here... on SoundCloud ...
- if you don't have a soundcloud.com account with your songs, please get a SoundCloud.com account, and then post all your song links in a single message so we can add them to the radio playlist!
- if you do have a soundcloud.com account with your songs, and have been using the links with your User Showcase posts, there's nothing you need to do, since we can find the posts and add the links to the PG Radio.

Hi All,

As you may know, we've been wanting to start some kind of radio station, to showcase the 4,000+ songs on The User Showcase. We've tried out various station formats like Radionomy etc. At the end of the day, we've decided to use SoundCloud. This will allow us to have radio stations (Called playlists), and we'll be able to load them up with hundreds of links to the User Showcase songs that will play like a radio station, in random order. But this will only work if you have uploaded your songs to soundcloud.com.

You'd be able to have the music playing in the background as you use other programs, or play on your iPhone etc.

We plan to have stations like "Recent", "Featured", "Jazz", "Pop", "Country"

We plan on launching the stations in a week or so, which will appear as buttons on the top of the User Showcase forum.

The main point is that only about 50% of our users have soundcloud.com accounts. So if you don't have a soundCloud account, and you'd like to see your songs on PG Radio, yyou should create a soundcloud.com account (Free) and upload your songs to there. And then make a single post in the UserShowcase forum that lists all the links to your songs on soundcloud.

===== sample post to UserShowcase after you've made your account and uploaded your songs
Hi,
I've created my soundCloud account, and uploaded my songs to SoundCloud.com and here are the links. All of these songs were posted to the User Showcase previously.
Here are the song links

Title SoundCloud link
Where are you now https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/where-are-you-now
Just Say Hello https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/just-say-hello
(etc. etc)
====================== end of sample post ====================

#336725 - 02/15/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Online   content
Veteran

Great idea, Peter! Thanks.

#336747 - 02/15/16 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Great idea Peter!!!! Fortunately, all of my stuff has been posted to soundcloud and referenced as such in the forums so it should be easy. Thanks!! I can wait for PG Radio!!!!!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#336763 - 02/16/16 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi Peter. I am looking forward to this very much. Many of my songs had to be removed from Soundcloud when I released the songs through Unique music BUT there are about 21 tracks on there at the moment that have not be released by Unique Music. Most of them are from this year's FAWM. My channel is here
https://soundcloud.com/joannecoopersa
Do you want me to post the links to the individual tracks as well?

#336767 - 02/16/16 01:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands

Edited by rodipoet (02/16/16 01:41 PM)
Biab 2019, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 8 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#336791 - 02/16/16 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#336799 - 02/16/16 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I've used SC for all my submissions from the get go, but here's my channel just in case: https://soundcloud.com/eddie-icelander

p.s. Kudos for this brill idea, btw! cool

Edited by Icelander (02/16/16 07:19 AM)
Edit Reason: Afterthought

#336821 - 02/16/16 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Oh doh, maybe I should have added my soundcloud channel to my post like the rest of the smart people.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs

I now added to my signature line. Almost everything on this particular channel channel (not all but about 90%) used BIAB to some degree and the links were posted to the forum. Hope that helps. I can't imagine anything that adds to the top of the list going forward NOT using BIAB to some degree since it is my main production tool for instrumentation that does not involve my own live tracks.

Thanks!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#336836 - 02/16/16 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: Midwest
This sounds really exciting! What a great idea and fantastic commitment above and beyond from PG Music!

So...I understand we have to post links to songs, but how then do they get added to the station? Meaning, as we make new songs, can we ad them easily, or even remove them if need be?

Thanks Peter! Great job!

#336838 - 02/16/16 11:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Peter,

I've just been listening to some of the songs. What a fantastic site you've created!

Noel

#336842 - 02/16/16 12:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#336854 - 02/16/16 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Don Gaynor Online   content
Veteran

I have 53 original tunes on SoundClick. I also have a SoundCloud account so I'll migrate over the next few days.

What a wonderful gesture, Peter.

Thank you,

Don

#336856 - 02/16/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: West coast
chulaivet1966 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: West coast
Sounds like a good idea for PG.

I have (4) songs I've done with BIAB but only (2) are on currently on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/its-about-time

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/a-hundred-good-reasons

Thanks for creating this option for BIAB users.

Back to it....

#336859 - 02/16/16 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Cool. This will be a great way to introduce the versatility and power of BIAB to musician friends and family. Now I can just refer them to one link and they can stream away. And thank you very much for letting us appear on the feature page!

J&B
J&B Website

#336869 - 02/16/16 02:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Peter,

Very cool - thanks for putting this together. Here's my channel: https://soundcloud.com/user-157357144

Bob

#336906 - 02/16/16 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Looks like some of you already have a jump on listening to the radio station. Rookie question but how do I find it?

#336943 - 02/17/16 05:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Click on one of the red font links at the top of this forum. There is a Recent and a Featured option.

J&B
J&B Website

#336945 - 02/17/16 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

#336946 - 02/17/16 05:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
What a great idea! And, I see that one of my songs made it to the featured songs station, so thanks for that smile

I have a few songs that I never added to the User Showcase forum, if I add them now will they automatically get added to the new releases station?

And, should I add them with a separate post for each, or can I just have one post with links to all the songs that I haven't previously added to the forum?

Blue Attitude Website
CD release: Blue Line

#337010 - 02/17/16 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great idea. I've enjoyed listening to everyone most of the day.

Here's my Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/charlie-fogle

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

PG Music News
Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 18)

Monday, February 18th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 19th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Video - Setting And Organizing Your Favorite Styles in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Learn how quickly you can set up and organize your list of your favorite styles in Band-in-a-Box® with our latest video - we have more than 6,000 Styles, so you could find this feature VERY helpful to streamline your songwriting! Click here to watch the video on our YouTube channel.

Visit Chapter 6 of the Online Manual to read more about applying Styles within Band-in-a-Box®.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 619 Available

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!

Learn more about this update & download it here.

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.11.14 is included in this patch.

There is also a separate RealTracks patch available! Click here to review the updates and download this patch.

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 build 619:
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Some important flash messages were not displaying properly.
Fixed: The 64 bit version did not have the MIDI Monitor window.
Fixed: The drums window would not update after toggling "Display QWERTY Chars On Drums" setting.
Fixed: Saving an XML or ABC file will sometimes crash Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Some ASIO devices would fail to start with error "Your ASIO driver uses a MAC-based data format. The program does not support MAC-basedformats."
Improved: ASIO now supports extra audio formats: 64 bit float samples, and big endian sample types (16, 18, 20, 24, & 32 bit).
Fixed: If an ASIO audio device has more than 32 input or output ports, Band-in-a-Box would crash with an access violation when leaving the ASIO Audio Drivers window.
Fixed: Silent gaps between RealTracks riffs were not being filled.
Fixed: There were undesirable gaps between riffs in RealTracks 1278: Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120.

Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin:
Fixed: Generating a single RealDrums rendered wrong track and had wrong name sometimes.
Fixed: UserTracks not showing correct name, or not generating sometimes.
Fixed: Loops and UserTracks were sometimes ALL CAPS names.
Fixed: Drums track names showed up as "N/A" drums when style loaded from a song.
Improved: Generating only the master works better.
Improved: Master.mid and indivudal MIDI files are saved.
Improved: Names for style tracks when on melody or soloist.
Fixed: Generating a loop when the style contained a soloist track wasn't working.
Fixed: In some DAWs an error could occur while dragging tracks.
Fixed: Blue square filled up after generating only master track.
Fixed: Midi playback caused crash in some DAWs (e.g. Pro Tools, Studio One)
Fixed: Render hangs with large render wav file in some cases.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK is still available, and it's PACKED with Add-ons you'll want in your Band-in-a-Box® library!

The 2019 49-PAK includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 MIDI SuperTracks in MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 240 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks and Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 30 new MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly! Learn more and listen to demos: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Video - Selecting the Best RealTracks for Your Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

With over 2,700 RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, you may find this "Selecting the Best RealTracks for your Song" video helpful! In this video we go over the "select best RealTracks" dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch.

For more information on this feature, visit the Chapter 6 | Using RealTracks in Songs

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: The Soloist Overview

Get to know the Band-in-a-Box® Soloist feature with our latest video: Watch now...

Read more about this feature within our Online manual: Chapter 6 | Adding Solo - "The Soloist"

Video - The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Extended Version!

This video is the EXTENDED VERSION of our previous video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Click here to watch.

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Forum Stats
28970 Members
60 Forums
56923 Topics
475574 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
joedenly, Dave1952, Zabbadav, Pine, ela142-1928

28970 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 196
VideoTrack 182