Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#336722 - 02/15/16 01:04 PM [User Showcase] PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account!
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

PG Radio is here... on SoundCloud ...
- if you don't have a soundcloud.com account with your songs, please get a SoundCloud.com account, and then post all your song links in a single message so we can add them to the radio playlist!
- if you do have a soundcloud.com account with your songs, and have been using the links with your User Showcase posts, there's nothing you need to do, since we can find the posts and add the links to the PG Radio.

Hi All,

As you may know, we've been wanting to start some kind of radio station, to showcase the 4,000+ songs on The User Showcase. We've tried out various station formats like Radionomy etc. At the end of the day, we've decided to use SoundCloud. This will allow us to have radio stations (Called playlists), and we'll be able to load them up with hundreds of links to the User Showcase songs that will play like a radio station, in random order. But this will only work if you have uploaded your songs to soundcloud.com.

You'd be able to have the music playing in the background as you use other programs, or play on your iPhone etc.

We plan to have stations like "Recent", "Featured", "Jazz", "Pop", "Country"

We plan on launching the stations in a week or so, which will appear as buttons on the top of the User Showcase forum.

The main point is that only about 50% of our users have soundcloud.com accounts. So if you don't have a soundCloud account, and you'd like to see your songs on PG Radio, yyou should create a soundcloud.com account (Free) and upload your songs to there. And then make a single post in the UserShowcase forum that lists all the links to your songs on soundcloud.

===== sample post to UserShowcase after you've made your account and uploaded your songs
Hi,
I've created my soundCloud account, and uploaded my songs to SoundCloud.com and here are the links. All of these songs were posted to the User Showcase previously.
Here are the song links

Title SoundCloud link
Where are you now https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/where-are-you-now
Just Say Hello https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/just-say-hello
(etc. etc)
====================== end of sample post ====================

#336725 - 02/15/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Great idea, Peter! Thanks.

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2019 w/current updates.

#336747 - 02/15/16 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Great idea Peter!!!! Fortunately, all of my stuff has been posted to soundcloud and referenced as such in the forums so it should be easy. Thanks!! I can wait for PG Radio!!!!!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#336763 - 02/16/16 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi Peter. I am looking forward to this very much. Many of my songs had to be removed from Soundcloud when I released the songs through Unique music BUT there are about 21 tracks on there at the moment that have not be released by Unique Music. Most of them are from this year's FAWM. My channel is here
https://soundcloud.com/joannecoopersa
Do you want me to post the links to the individual tracks as well?

#336767 - 02/16/16 01:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands

Edited by rodipoet (02/16/16 01:41 PM)

Biab 2020, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#336791 - 02/16/16 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida

#336799 - 02/16/16 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I've used SC for all my submissions from the get go, but here's my channel just in case: https://soundcloud.com/eddie-icelander

p.s. Kudos for this brill idea, btw! cool

Edited by Icelander (02/16/16 07:19 AM)
Edit Reason: Afterthought

#336821 - 02/16/16 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Oh doh, maybe I should have added my soundcloud channel to my post like the rest of the smart people.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs

I now added to my signature line. Almost everything on this particular channel channel (not all but about 90%) used BIAB to some degree and the links were posted to the forum. Hope that helps. I can't imagine anything that adds to the top of the list going forward NOT using BIAB to some degree since it is my main production tool for instrumentation that does not involve my own live tracks.

Thanks!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#336836 - 02/16/16 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: Midwest
This sounds really exciting! What a great idea and fantastic commitment above and beyond from PG Music!

So...I understand we have to post links to songs, but how then do they get added to the station? Meaning, as we make new songs, can we ad them easily, or even remove them if need be?

Thanks Peter! Great job!
(Author Known)

#336838 - 02/16/16 11:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Peter,

I've just been listening to some of the songs. What a fantastic site you've created!

Noel

#336842 - 02/16/16 12:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#336854 - 02/16/16 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

I have 53 original tunes on SoundClick. I also have a SoundCloud account so I'll migrate over the next few days.

What a wonderful gesture, Peter.

Thank you,

Don

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2019 w/current updates.

#336856 - 02/16/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: West coast
chulaivet1966 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: West coast
Sounds like a good idea for PG.

I have (4) songs I've done with BIAB but only (2) are on currently on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/its-about-time

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/a-hundred-good-reasons

Thanks for creating this option for BIAB users.

Back to it....

#336859 - 02/16/16 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Cool. This will be a great way to introduce the versatility and power of BIAB to musician friends and family. Now I can just refer them to one link and they can stream away. And thank you very much for letting us appear on the feature page!

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#336869 - 02/16/16 02:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Peter,

Very cool - thanks for putting this together. Here's my channel: https://soundcloud.com/user-157357144

Bob

#336906 - 02/16/16 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Looks like some of you already have a jump on listening to the radio station. Rookie question but how do I find it?

#336943 - 02/17/16 05:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Click on one of the red font links at the top of this forum. There is a Recent and a Featured option.

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#336945 - 02/17/16 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

#336946 - 02/17/16 05:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
What a great idea! And, I see that one of my songs made it to the featured songs station, so thanks for that smile

I have a few songs that I never added to the User Showcase forum, if I add them now will they automatically get added to the new releases station?

And, should I add them with a separate post for each, or can I just have one post with links to all the songs that I haven't previously added to the forum?

Blue Attitude Website

#337010 - 02/17/16 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great idea. I've enjoyed listening to everyone most of the day.

Here's my Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/charlie-fogle

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

PG Music News
49 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, there are 50+ new features, 202 RealTracks, and more!

We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from program users- there are several sources: our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

This is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2020, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020: click here to review.

50 New RealStyles included in Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is a new library of 100 original loops that we've created using RealTracks/RealDrums source material, and it includes 50 new RealStyles!

Click here to listen to audio demos of the new RealStyles included with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®.

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st! Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19! Click here for more information.

New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!

Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

It's HERE! Take a quick tour of the just-released Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows when you check out our latest video:
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

Read more about this new version here, and check out our amazing upgrade pricing (up to 50% off during our special!) here!

Great New Content in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is here! Limited Time Special Offers Until December 31, 2019 - SAVE up to 50% on most Band-in-a-Box® version 2020 for Windows Upgrade packages... and that's not all! When you buy version 2020 for Windows before December 31, 2019, we'll include a Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020, Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 2020 and RealBand 2020 - Over 50 new features!
- We have information about the program here.
- Specific information about the features is here.
- Ordering and info about the pacakages and pricing is available here.

Plus, there is a HUGE amount of new content...
- 202 new RealTracks, description and audio demos: click here.
- Xtra Styles Set 8 for Band-in-a-Box®, (description and video demos): Learn more...
- Loops-with-Style Set 1 for Band-in-a-Box®: product description and video demo.
- Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE! Learn more...
- Bonus 49 Pak (with 40 RealTracks)! Learn more...
- 2 new MIDI SuperTrack Sets - Learn more...
- 280 Drums RealCharts (previously had only 22, now have transcriptions for half of all of the 600 audio RealDrums)
- 5 Instrumental Studies Sets - Learn more...
- Two new all MIDI styles sets "Look-Ma! More MIDI" Sets 3 and 4 (30 MIDI styles) audio demos: Learn more...

Plus,the Online (or PDF) manual for the full program, or just the new features, are available here.

Forum Stats
30578 Members
63 Forums
61196 Topics
516748 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
podling9, Jimmy S, Sylle, aibagllo, Padgett

30578 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 292
Matt Finley 231