Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#336722 - 02/15/16 01:04 PM [User Showcase] PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account!
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

PG Radio is here... on SoundCloud ...
- if you don't have a soundcloud.com account with your songs, please get a SoundCloud.com account, and then post all your song links in a single message so we can add them to the radio playlist!
- if you do have a soundcloud.com account with your songs, and have been using the links with your User Showcase posts, there's nothing you need to do, since we can find the posts and add the links to the PG Radio.

Hi All,

As you may know, we've been wanting to start some kind of radio station, to showcase the 4,000+ songs on The User Showcase. We've tried out various station formats like Radionomy etc. At the end of the day, we've decided to use SoundCloud. This will allow us to have radio stations (Called playlists), and we'll be able to load them up with hundreds of links to the User Showcase songs that will play like a radio station, in random order. But this will only work if you have uploaded your songs to soundcloud.com.

You'd be able to have the music playing in the background as you use other programs, or play on your iPhone etc.

We plan to have stations like "Recent", "Featured", "Jazz", "Pop", "Country"

We plan on launching the stations in a week or so, which will appear as buttons on the top of the User Showcase forum.

The main point is that only about 50% of our users have soundcloud.com accounts. So if you don't have a soundCloud account, and you'd like to see your songs on PG Radio, yyou should create a soundcloud.com account (Free) and upload your songs to there. And then make a single post in the UserShowcase forum that lists all the links to your songs on soundcloud.

===== sample post to UserShowcase after you've made your account and uploaded your songs
Hi,
I've created my soundCloud account, and uploaded my songs to SoundCloud.com and here are the links. All of these songs were posted to the User Showcase previously.
Here are the song links

Title SoundCloud link
Where are you now https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/where-are-you-now
Just Say Hello https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/just-say-hello
(etc. etc)
====================== end of sample post ====================

#336725 - 02/15/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Great idea, Peter! Thanks.

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2020 w/current updates.

#336747 - 02/15/16 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Great idea Peter!!!! Fortunately, all of my stuff has been posted to soundcloud and referenced as such in the forums so it should be easy. Thanks!! I can wait for PG Radio!!!!!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#336763 - 02/16/16 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi Peter. I am looking forward to this very much. Many of my songs had to be removed from Soundcloud when I released the songs through Unique music BUT there are about 21 tracks on there at the moment that have not be released by Unique Music. Most of them are from this year's FAWM. My channel is here
https://soundcloud.com/joannecoopersa
Do you want me to post the links to the individual tracks as well?

#336767 - 02/16/16 01:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands

Edited by rodipoet (02/16/16 01:41 PM)

Biab 2020, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#336791 - 02/16/16 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida

#336799 - 02/16/16 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I've used SC for all my submissions from the get go, but here's my channel just in case: https://soundcloud.com/eddie-icelander

p.s. Kudos for this brill idea, btw! cool

Edited by Icelander (02/16/16 07:19 AM)
Edit Reason: Afterthought

#336821 - 02/16/16 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Oh doh, maybe I should have added my soundcloud channel to my post like the rest of the smart people.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs

I now added to my signature line. Almost everything on this particular channel channel (not all but about 90%) used BIAB to some degree and the links were posted to the forum. Hope that helps. I can't imagine anything that adds to the top of the list going forward NOT using BIAB to some degree since it is my main production tool for instrumentation that does not involve my own live tracks.

Thanks!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#336836 - 02/16/16 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
This sounds really exciting! What a great idea and fantastic commitment above and beyond from PG Music!

So...I understand we have to post links to songs, but how then do they get added to the station? Meaning, as we make new songs, can we ad them easily, or even remove them if need be?

Thanks Peter! Great job!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#336838 - 02/16/16 11:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Peter,

I've just been listening to some of the songs. What a fantastic site you've created!

Noel

#336842 - 02/16/16 12:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#336854 - 02/16/16 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

I have 53 original tunes on SoundClick. I also have a SoundCloud account so I'll migrate over the next few days.

What a wonderful gesture, Peter.

Thank you,

Don

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2020 w/current updates.

#336856 - 02/16/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
chulaivet1966 Offline
Expert

Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
Sounds like a good idea for PG.

I have (4) songs I've done with BIAB but only (2) are on currently on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/its-about-time

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/a-hundred-good-reasons

Thanks for creating this option for BIAB users.

Back to it....

#336859 - 02/16/16 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Cool. This will be a great way to introduce the versatility and power of BIAB to musician friends and family. Now I can just refer them to one link and they can stream away. And thank you very much for letting us appear on the feature page!

J&B

#336869 - 02/16/16 02:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Peter,

Very cool - thanks for putting this together. Here's my channel: https://soundcloud.com/user-157357144

Bob

#336906 - 02/16/16 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Looks like some of you already have a jump on listening to the radio station. Rookie question but how do I find it?

#336943 - 02/17/16 05:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Click on one of the red font links at the top of this forum. There is a Recent and a Featured option.

J&B

#336945 - 02/17/16 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

#336946 - 02/17/16 05:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
What a great idea! And, I see that one of my songs made it to the featured songs station, so thanks for that smile

I have a few songs that I never added to the User Showcase forum, if I add them now will they automatically get added to the new releases station?

And, should I add them with a separate post for each, or can I just have one post with links to all the songs that I haven't previously added to the forum?

Blue Attitude Website

#337010 - 02/17/16 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great idea. I've enjoyed listening to everyone most of the day.

Here's my Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/charlie-fogle

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

PG Music News
Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32607 Members
68 Forums
65527 Topics
555597 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Royston, SwingBand, Gretsch6120SH, momoko12, LeadLady