You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#135585 - 11/26/11 03:32 PM [User Showcase] 2 Fun Firsties
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Here are 2 fun "firsties" I wrote and used BIAB and RB to create something I could give to a trained vocalist and musicians as a blueprint.
Both are at my website:

http://www.carlkocich.com/Music.html

Still learning these great programs and am having a blast getting as far as I have.
Will continue to polish these tunes as I hopefully improve my vocal, recording and mixing skills.
Thanks to PG and all the forum members I'm learning from

Here's the song info:

"Hello Baby Hello"
BIAB Style: Dr John Shuffle Blues
Drums: MIDI From BIAB
Bass: MIDI From BIAB
Harmonica: RT Hee Haw SW 165 (I think)?
Piano: BIAB MIDI Acoustic Grand

"Lovin Lollygaggle With You"
BIAB Style: Country Merle Travis
Drums : Real Drums Country Shuffle
Harmonica: RT Hee Haw SW 165
Bass: Midi Acoustic Bass 33
Fingerpick Guitar: RT 364
Rhythm Guitar: RT 065 (I think)?
Chorus: Clone Ensemble

#135586 - 11/26/11 10:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: carkins]
Loc: California
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Whoa, they all opened at the same time when I clicked there, lol.

Very nice job with the music. It takes talent to write a song, of which I do not occupy.

I enjoyed listening to them and got a kick outta Prophet For Profit, lol. The good ol days. :|

Great job with using Biab/RB to compose these with. The Real Tracks are such a joy to record, sing along and listen too.

Trax

#135587 - 11/27/11 07:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: Muzic Trax]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Thanks Trax.
Glad to bring a smile or two.
BIAB and RB sure beats ping ponging from two cassettes eh?
Have a good'n,
Carkins

#135588 - 11/30/11 08:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: carkins]
RodM Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Carkins,

Prophet for profit! What a great jingle. Loved the lyrics! The song is still stuck in my mind. I loved the transition from the fast part to the slow part. Those triplets and changes were great.
Hello baby Hello could also be made into a great county tune too! Nice retard on the end. Did you do the tempo changes in realband or in another host program?
Lovin Lollygaggle with you
I enjoyed those harmonica fills. Nice use of real tracks.

Good luck with your songs!

RodM

#135589 - 12/07/11 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: RodM]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Thanks RodM
All the tempo changes were done either in Realband or in Band In A Box sometimes with a little cut and paste.
Glad you enjoyed them.
And thanks to PG Music for such great programs!
Carkins

#135590 - 12/11/11 05:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: carkins]
BFL Offline

Carkins,
Loved these songs and I thought the lyrics were catchy and fun!
Top job!!!

Baz.

Me.

#135591 - 12/13/11 06:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: BFL]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Just to elaborate on solving a problem I had while working on "Lovin Lollygaggle With You" (from an earlier Realband post on tempo change problems) while composing that song:

In the song with a 4/4 Swing chorus, 3/4 Waltz bridge, 4/4 Swing chorus the RT Harmonicas left a blank space at the 3/4 Waltz Bridge and resume again at the second 4/4 Swing chorus.

To workaround this I created just the 3/4 Waltz bridge in BIAB and generated a RT Harmonica part I was happy with on the Melody Track with a maximum volume setting (127) and Froze it.

Then I entered DAW mode in BIAB.

Then I opened my full song in RealBand, selected an empty tack below the blank RB Waltz Bridge and Drag/Dropped the BIAB Melody Harmonica track to that spot on the new blank RB track.

Now the song plays through with the harmonica responding to the tempo changes.

Not sure if this tempo change glitch was solved with 2012, haven't had time to try it yet but may help someone who runs into a similar situation.

Life is always plan B, so try to find a comfortable chair and enjoy the ride.
Happy Holidays!
Carkins

#135592 - 12/14/11 01:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: carkins]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
The “Profit for Profit” hit the nail right on the head. Loved it!

“Hello Baby Hello” and “Lovin’ Lollygaggle with You” were also very good. All three have great backing tracks, vocals and mixes. Super job!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#135593 - 12/16/11 10:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: MarioD]
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe
Superbron Offline
Journeyman

Loc: The Netherlands, Europe
Quote:

The “Profit for Profit” hit the nail right on the head. Loved it!

“Hello Baby Hello” and “Lovin’ Lollygaggle with You” were also very good. All three have great backing tracks, vocals and mixes. Super job!

exactly!

The prophet song might be a bit too long if I am allowed to kniypick...

cheers,

superbron

#135594 - 12/16/11 10:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2 Fun Firsties [Re: Superbron]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Thanks guys.
I agree that Profit For Profit could loose a couple of chorus's but you should have seen it's original length with and extra couple I deleted!

With some songs it can be an ordeal to write enough verses and others just let the mental flood gates flow and force the song writer into the painful chore of which child to throw out and which to keep.

Some of Dylan's tunes show this.

One day I will try to .
edit Prophet but it would require a complete redo from scratch as this version was produced way back when I gave the studio musicians a lyric and chord sheet (I can't reed or write notes) and a ping ponged cassette tape to go by.

The quality of that song is what I'm striving for with my BIAB/RB efforts and will continue to work on them to get as close as I can.

In the mean time I appreciate any input that may help me reach that goal and have fun along the way
Thanks again,
Carkins

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® in 11 Languages!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows available in languages other than English? It's true - we have 10 other languages available for Band-in-a-Box® 2019! Head to www.bandinabox.com and you'll see a list of all our language options! This list can also be accessed by clicking on the "English EN" near the top right corner of our website.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows language options:
Danish | Dutch | French | German | Italian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Swedish

Already have the English version, and want a different language? Reach out to our Customer Service Team with your request and you'll be running your preferred language in no time at all!

Forum Stats
29758 Members
60 Forums
58787 Topics
496061 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
F Casas, jdm, HPW, Velvet, William Sterling

29757 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 136
Noel96 130