Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Noel96 #343695 04/06/16 02:07 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is really beautiful Noel. Great job.

Noel96 #343727 04/06/16 08:39 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Noel

Very vigor and melodic tune with punchy drums.
This drum sounds maybe are effected with compressor and equalizer, aren’t they?
I like the bridge with modulation and strings added there very much.
I think you also love strings and orchestration very much.
I expect your nice vocal and more string orchestration on next song too.
Very enjoyed my listen.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Noel96 #343850 04/07/16 05:30 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well done Noel! Everything's already been said and I agree. You've created a beautiful song with a wonderful arrangement.

Noel96 #343868 04/07/16 07:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Noel !:))

What a superb tune,
I think this is the
best you´ve done so far,
at least it is my new
Noelfav !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Noel,

that 10 years you've spent learning the craft of song writing really shows! Everything about your productions ... from the quality of your singing to the quality of the lyrics being sung... is top notch! And I really like the kinds of songs you tend to write... uplifting and affirming songs. This world needs more of that!

I was captured immediately by your drum intro... very cool! How did you do that? I know the tools exist in BIAB to create drum intros, but there has never been a button or check box to automatically add that particular song element... so when you hear a drum intro in a song that was created in BIAB, you automatically know the song writer used a little sorcery to make it happen!

I listened with headphones, and I was struck by the clarity of your mix! Every instrument and drum beat was clear as a bell! It may just be way these headphones are biased in terms of EQ, but the drums overall sounded a bit high in the mix. Whatever you did to make them clear also made them stand out, and you could probably drop the drum volume a bit to compensate. (But that might be a more a commentary on my hardware than on your song)

Hope its not too obvious that I'm struggling to find a nit so I don't gush like a fan... but I guess I AM a fan of Noel Adams' song writing! Any time I see that you've posted something I listen to it immediately!

As always: GREAT JOB! WONDERFUL SONG! Oh, and special thanks for all the added detail about how you approached the various aspects of your songs... its not hard to figure out that you are a teacher by trade... and I'd guess a very good one!

Hi Pat,

It's always good to see you. Thanks for dropping by and having a listen. I really appreciate your comments. You have a gift for writing.

In relation to the drums, I'm still too close to the music to hear them properly at the moment. I'll wait for another couple of weeks and when the song is no longer in my mind, I'll give it a re-listen and go from there. Thanks for isolating that for me and drawing my attention to it.

I've really enjoyed the journey of learning how to write lyrics. Ten years ago, I felt comfortable playing but words frightened me. (I think that comes from being a science orientated person.) Now that I have a bit of a grasp on how to approach using language, I can see that I was incredibly lucky to have Pat Pattison as the guy who introduced me to lyric writing. His approach is highly analytical and, as such, lyric writing took on shades of science and became something that made sense to me. I've been to 20 or so of his weekend seminars now and every time I go, I learn new things.

Thanks again for all your kind words. They mean a great deal to me.

All the best,
Noel

(Added as edit)
P.S. Apologies Pat. I forgot to add a comment regarding your questions about the drum intro. As with many things that crept into my arrangement as an accident.

At one point I accidentally clicked on a part marker in bar 2. While this didn't impact on anything mostly, there was one generation when it gave me a drum break in bar 1. That immediately grabbed my attention so I replicated the event in my DAW with copy 'n' paste when assembling the song.

The easiest way to get this happening in BIAB is to set the count-in to "Substyle fills" under "Opt | Count-in/Met".

Last edited by Noel96; 04/09/16 11:42 AM. Reason: more notes for Pat

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really pretty, upbeat, and inspiring song Noel!! I really like the happy feel. Arrangement and vocals are great! Great job on this! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg. I appreciate your having a listen and commenting.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #343956 04/08/16 12:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well done Noel,
A very sweet love song, with a beautiful bridge!

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Great uplifting song Noel with a nice positive feel to it, as all of your songs are.

Loved the arrangement and great mix as well.

Really enjoyed the listen.

Musiclover

Hi Musiclover,

Thank you! I'm glad you got the opportunity to visit the thread. I appreciate your comments. BIAB makes creating arrangements so easy... such an incredible program!

I wonder often wonder how songwriters managed to write songs before BIAB? Reflecting on that thought makes me appreciate (a) just how lucky I am and (b) just how incredibly talented the amazingly successful songwriters of yesteryear were. For example, look at the diversity of Rodgers and Hammerstein... it's mind-boggling to try and imagine how they accomplished all those songs with such huge variation of style.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Really a beautiful song ! Well arranged and performed.. Ur voice is great Noel !

Hi Trygve,

Thank you. You're a very busy man these days and I'm glad that you found time to have listen. I appreciate the positive comments.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hi, Noel!

Always pleased to see a song from you pop up... never fails to be "written with a smile"...

Nice opening - drums to piano chords with a stop...

And... a limerick lyric to open! HA! timely...
Nice internal - "And the leaves/ on the trees/ Dancing in the breeze..."
The F->FM on "way.." is a very nice touch...
LOVE the chord change at "Through it all..."
The 7th is a really nice way to end the bridge!
befalls me/stalls me - Well done! - and with the addition of "stops me" - icing on the cake...

You've used AABA perfectly. The 3 line tag to each verse is really well done. A very solid write - start to finish.

Beautiful production. Simple and full at the same time. The strings sound great and are used at the right times and to the perfect degree...

Your vocals are always good. This is your best! Comfortable and confident. Mixed perfectly.

This shines from every angle.

floyd

Hi floyd,

It's always great to see you. Thank you for the visit.

Also, thank you for the review! I sincerely appreciate it. When I used the limerick rhyme scheme (purely by accident), I immediately thought of you because I've noticed it once or twice in your works over the years.

If you're interested, I have now made the lead sheet of this song available on Soundcloud. In the bridge, I simply used 2m-5-1 first in F major and then in G major. At the end of the bridge, because I wanted to push headlong back into the key of C major, chord 1 in G is the same as chord 5 in C so I used 17 (the lead sheet shows this more clearly).

Thanks for noticing the 'befalls me / stops me / stalls me' - that's a personal favourite!

As already mentioned, I really do appreciate your comments a great deal. Thank you for taking the time.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Caloo #344302 04/10/16 10:32 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Caloo
Great song Noel ! Very nice vocal and arrangement.

In the lyrics, tell me, do you speak to god or a mortal ? Just by curiosity because it changes anything to the effectiveness of the tune.

Cheers
Pascal

Bonjour Pascal,

Thank you for giving up some of your time and having a listen. I appreciate it a great deal.

In relation to the lyrics, sometimes I hear them as spiritual and sometimes I hear them as earthly. In the end, rather than try to make the decision for how a listener might hear them, I decided I'd just leave them as they are and let people hear then however best suits them.

Thanks again!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #344315 04/11/16 12:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

I enjoyed every bit of this! Great song, lyric and vocal - excellent production.

Bob

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Noel,

We were immediately struck with the notion that the
lyric could be about a partner or it could be spiritual
in nature or both. Intentional or not the listener can
interpret the wonderful (and well delivered) lyric
in several ways...all of which are uplifting. And
that has become a much anticipated aspect of
your signature productions.

Speaking of production...I think Pat used the word
"clarity" to describe it. That is a perfect word. we'd
add "open" and "airy." Nothing left to add and
nothing left to take away.

Like floyd said, "it shines from every angle!"

J&B

Hi Janice and Bud,

Thank you for passing through the thread, listening and commenting. It's always good to see you. I appreciate your thoughts a great deal.

May good things come your way!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #344382 04/11/16 09:51 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Hi Noel
I like your song.
A very nice ballad whit great lyrics.

Good sound.

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
This is really beautiful Noel. Great job.

Thanks David. I appreciate the thumbs-up comments smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Noel

Very vigor and melodic tune with punchy drums.
This drum sounds maybe are effected with compressor and equalizer, aren’t they?
I like the bridge with modulation and strings added there very much.
I think you also love strings and orchestration very much.
I expect your nice vocal and more string orchestration on next song too.
Very enjoyed my listen.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki Adachi

Thank you for your encouragement. I appreciate it greatly.

Once I have the mix sounding okay, I run it through Ozone. That adds some compression, EQ, etc. This affects all the instruments, including the drums. Ozone is an excellent tool.

I really love your latest jazz song. It's certainly a genre that you feel very comfortable with.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Well done Noel! Everything's already been said and I agree. You've created a beautiful song with a wonderful arrangement.

Hey Josie,

Thank you for visiting. It's always a pleasure! Thanks for the positive comments, too. I've got a long way to go but songwriting is a bit easier these days than it used to be a few years ago. I'm enjoying the practice.

Hope lots of sunshine sails your way!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
dani48 #344889 04/14/16 02:32 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Noel !:))

What a superb tune,
I think this is the
best you´ve done so far,
at least it is my new
Noelfav !:))

Cheers
Dani

Hi Dani,

Thanks for all the support you keep sending my way. I really appreciate it a great deal. I always smile when I see your name pop up in one of my threads.

Take care,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #345046 04/14/16 01:32 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Marvolous song! Love the arrangement too!

much enjoyed!

RnAM #345375 04/16/16 12:06 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Well done Noel,
A very sweet love song, with a beautiful bridge!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

It's great to see you. Thank you for positive comments. I appreciate them smile

All the best to you both,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,475
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195