Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#343390 04/04/16 06:13 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Dear all,

I've just finished it and would like to share my second song creation using the Audiophile edition of BIAB/RB. Even after all these years, I still continue to be amazed at just how easy writing a song is given such incredible software. Not a day goes by that I don't use the programs.

All comments about any aspect of the song are welcome.

Thanks in advance for having a listen,
Noel

P.S. While I add this link especially for Charlie Fogle, anyone who is interested is welcome to use it. This link is to a pdf that gives some background on how "Every Single Day' grew from an idea into a song. (link no longer valid)

Band In A Box / Realband

Realtracks
RT 701: Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 085
RT 1690: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPromise Ev16 100
RT 362: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085

Realdrums
1) PraiseWorshipShine^01
2) BossaRockPerc^2-CongasOnly

Midi
Miroslav Philharmonik: Full Strings

Lyrics
©2016 Noel Adams, words and music, all rights reserved

A dazzling orange horizon
A friendly shimmering sun
And the leaves on the trees
Dancing in the breeze
Like they're really having fun
They remind me of being with you
And all the smiles you bring my way
I'm so thankful you walk beside me
Every single day

You're the bounce in my footstep
You're the rhythm in my heart
And so wherever I go
I am not alone
We're never far apart
I'm always thinking of things that you do
Every single day

This road through life is a highway paved with mystery
It's true
There are potholes, bumps, and twists and turns galore
Through it all, you are there trav'ling with me
Every mile
A GPS that steers me safe and sure

And as I tackle this journey
From beginning to end
I know whatever befalls me
Stops me or stalls me
You're my forever friend
Tomorrow's bursting with sparkle and shine
Every single day

So thankful you walk beside me
Every single day

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 09/26/17 01:50 PM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #343391 04/04/16 06:18 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
The song dazzles the same as the beautiful sunrise. Excellent write, mix and performance.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
The song dazzles the same as the beautiful sunrise. Excellent write, mix and performance.

Hi Charlie,

That was quick! I was just tidying up my text (I'm VERY mistake prone) and when I returned to the thread, there was a message from you. Thank you! I know you like to know about the journey of how a song was created. I was planning to get that down into a pdf for you smile This song's journey was a bit different from my usual creating process. I'll let you know when I finish document.

I appreciate your taking time and having a listen.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #343402 04/04/16 08:12 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Noel.
Very melodic tune.Liked the punchy intro.
Great bridge and lyrics. Your an artist mate.
Rob

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hey Noel.
Very melodic tune.Liked the punchy intro.
Great bridge and lyrics. Your an artist mate.
Rob

Hey Rob.

Thanks for dropping by. Appreciate the feedback. I'm never quite sure how my songs will come across.... especially the lyrics. Glad to see that this one 'worked'.

All the best!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #343417 04/04/16 10:55 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel
Very nice set of lyrics and complimentary tune. Liked the vocal and simple but very effective arrangement.
Could almost hear Judith Durham sing that with you.
Enjoyed listening.

Noel96 #343423 04/05/16 12:23 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow Noel

I was taken from the very first beat of the intro.

What a great feel, and your usual very high standard with producing lyrics.

The Philharmonik Strings fill so perfectly, and I'm really impressed with the chord structure you've developed.

The breaks and the fills are perfectly placed.

Another sensational effort. Congratulations!

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
PeterF #343433 04/05/16 02:18 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Noel
Very nice set of lyrics and complimentary tune. Liked the vocal and simple but very effective arrangement.
Could almost hear Judith Durham sing that with you.
Enjoyed listening.

Hi Peter,

I appreciate your taking a listen. Thanks for the comments, too. I'm a huge fan of The Seekers and Judith Durham. Their achievements are legendary! I reckon the 60s was an incredibly rich period in song writing history.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Wow Noel

I was taken from the very first beat of the intro.

What a great feel, and your usual very high standard with producing lyrics.

The Philharmonik Strings fill so perfectly, and I'm really impressed with the chord structure you've developed.

The breaks and the fills are perfectly placed.

Another sensational effort. Congratulations!

Trev

Hey Trev.

Thanks!

It's good to see that all my reading about and analysing (especially floyd's) lyrics is starting to make things happen smile It's been an interesting journey. Ten years ago, I had no idea whatsoever about how to assemble lyrics. At that time, I came across a weekend course that was being run by Pat Pattison here in Melbourne. That was where it all began.

With the Philharmonik strings, I only used two-part harmony. That seemed to be sufficient for the sound I was trying to achieve. And I agree, they did the job really well!

Thanks again for listening and for passing on your thoughts.
Noel

P.S. I'll tidy up and post the leadsheet so that you can see the chord progressions and chord inversions I used.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #343444 04/05/16 04:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel,

let me quote Peter: "Very nice set of lyrics and complimentary tune. Liked the vocal and simple but very effective arrangement."
I wonder who the recipient of your lyrics is. He/she can
be proud.
I enjoyed my several listens a lot.

Guenter

Noel96 #343447 04/05/16 04:19 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
I ran across this on YouTube and although it's long, I found it to be very informative how Matt Hirtt works with midi strings and brass to make even top tier libraries more realistic. (I feel that some of these techniques will also work well with BIAB RealTracks)

I'm posting the link because he specifically works with Philharmonik strings and some of you may find it relevant to your projects using strings.

Matt Hirtt interview on Taxi TV 1:39 hr.

I skipped forward across a lot of the chatter between Mike and Matt and concentrated on the demonstrations and explanations.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I ran across this on YouTube and although it's long, I found it to be very informative how Matt Hirtt works with midi strings and brass to make even top tier libraries more realistic. (I feel that some of these techniques will also work well with BIAB RealTracks)

I'm posting the link because he specifically works with Philharmonik strings and some of you may find it relevant to your projects using strings.

Matt Hirtt interview on Taxi TV 1:39 hr.

I skipped forward across a lot of the chatter between Mike and Matt and concentrated on the demonstrations and explanations.

Hey again, Charlie!

Thank you for thinking of me! When it comes to midi, I have heaps to learn. I really appreciate this link.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #343452 04/05/16 04:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

that 10 years you've spent learning the craft of song writing really shows! Everything about your productions ... from the quality of your singing to the quality of the lyrics being sung... is top notch! And I really like the kinds of songs you tend to write... uplifting and affirming songs. This world needs more of that!

I was captured immediately by your drum intro... very cool! How did you do that? I know the tools exist in BIAB to create drum intros, but there has never been a button or check box to automatically add that particular song element... so when you hear a drum intro in a song that was created in BIAB, you automatically know the song writer used a little sorcery to make it happen!

I listened with headphones, and I was struck by the clarity of your mix! Every instrument and drum beat was clear as a bell! It may just be way these headphones are biased in terms of EQ, but the drums overall sounded a bit high in the mix. Whatever you did to make them clear also made them stand out, and you could probably drop the drum volume a bit to compensate. (But that might be a more a commentary on my hardware than on your song)

Hope its not too obvious that I'm struggling to find a nit so I don't gush like a fan... but I guess I AM a fan of Noel Adams' song writing! Any time I see that you've posted something I listen to it immediately!

As always: GREAT JOB! WONDERFUL SONG! Oh, and special thanks for all the added detail about how you approached the various aspects of your songs... its not hard to figure out that you are a teacher by trade... and I'd guess a very good one!

boehm #343456 04/05/16 05:07 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Noel,

let me quote Peter: "Very nice set of lyrics and complimentary tune. Liked the vocal and simple but very effective arrangement."
I wonder who the recipient of your lyrics is. He/she can
be proud.
I enjoyed my several listens a lot.

Guenter

Hi Guenter,

Thank you for dropping in. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm glad the words worked for you. As I mentioned in a post above, because I'm so close to the lyrics, and in my head I know exactly what I'm meaning, I'm never really certain that what I write will work for others. It's always a relief if it does.

By the way, it must nearly be time for another of your spectacular works! Out of curiosity, have you ever arranged a jazz version of Bach's "Sleepers Wake". I'm sitting here listening to it at the moment on Youtube and trying to imagine what you'd do to it!

Thanks again for passing through the thread.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #343519 04/05/16 10:15 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really pretty, upbeat, and inspiring song Noel!! I really like the happy feel. Arrangement and vocals are great! Great job on this! Take care. Greg

Noel96 #343535 04/05/16 11:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great uplifting song Noel with a nice positive feel to it, as all of your songs are.

Loved the arrangement and great mix as well.

Really enjoyed the listen.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Noel96 #343563 04/05/16 03:29 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really a beautiful song ! Well arranged and performed.. Ur voice is great Noel !

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
Noel96 #343627 04/06/16 05:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Noel!

Always pleased to see a song from you pop up... never fails to be "written with a smile"...

Nice opening - drums to piano chords with a stop...

And... a limerick lyric to open! HA! timely...
Nice internal - "And the leaves/ on the trees/ Dancing in the breeze..."
The F->FM on "way.." is a very nice touch...
LOVE the chord change at "Through it all..."
The 7th is a really nice way to end the bridge!
befalls me/stalls me - Well done! - and with the addition of "stops me" - icing on the cake...

You've used AABA perfectly. The 3 line tag to each verse is really well done. A very solid write - start to finish.

Beautiful production. Simple and full at the same time. The strings sound great and are used at the right times and to the perfect degree...

Your vocals are always good. This is your best! Comfortable and confident. Mixed perfectly.

This shines from every angle.

floyd

Noel96 #343633 04/06/16 06:29 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Great song Noel ! Very nice vocal and arrangement.

In the lyrics, tell me, do you speak to god or a mortal ? Just by curiosity because it changes anything to the effectiveness of the tune.

Cheers
Pascal

No hay banda! There is no band! Il n'est pas de orchestra!
No hay banda! And yet we hear a band !

(David Lynch - Mulholland Drive)
Noel96 #343678 04/06/16 11:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

We were immediately struck with the notion that the
lyric could be about a partner or it could be spiritual
in nature or both. Intentional or not the listener can
interpret the wonderful (and well delivered) lyric
in several ways...all of which are uplifting. And
that has become a much anticipated aspect of
your signature productions.

Speaking of production...I think Pat used the word
"clarity" to describe it. That is a perfect word. we'd
add "open" and "airy." Nothing left to add and
nothing left to take away.

Like floyd said, "it shines from every angle!"

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195