Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi J&B.

Hey, the track really worked out well.

Very much a reggae sound, but smooth and polished at the same time. More sophisticated than the early Jamaican sounds and beautifully complemented by Janice's cool, relaxed vocal delivery.

Some great guitar from Peter and an excellent mix just top it all off.

Loved it.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Originally Posted By: dga
Keep watching this over and over and over again.

Yeah! Me too! It's like I got caught in the "LATHER - RINSE - REPEAT" loop and I can't break out!

(Except its the "LISTEN - REWIND - LISTEN" loop...

;-)

(When Janice is singin' that's easy to do anyway...)

Hahahaha! I felt that way while trying to sync the lyric in the video!

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Janice & Bud and Peter,

so interesting and entertaining!
Great vocals and guitar. The percussion is unique (including the claps).
I liked the video and the ending.
Great collab altogether!

Guenter

Thanks Guenter! It was interesting learning a little about reggae percussion. There is a name for the reggae third beat emphasis (the claps) that I forget.

J&B

I'm always amazed by drummers and percussionists being rhythmically challenged myself. I'd love to be able to do what Janice did on this...but I'll just stick to guitar, tambourine is about my limit.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Really a good Blues/Reggae combination u have here Janice and Bud ! Very well arranged and performed... I usually don't like reggae very much, but this one was enjoyable for me to listen to....
jj

Thank you! Glad we got you to listen to some reggae. We appreciate you listening and commenting.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Hello friends,
I'm listening your song to loud volume: it makes me want to dance.
Beautiful rhythm here. Great production.

Sergio

Sergio
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bud - Y'all keep stretching the boundaries. Without seeming to realize it....This is very innovative. Reggae+...adding something new - the J&B twist.

Janice - you are indescribably good.

Peter - nice guitar work on this.

I couldn't shake the feeling that Janice Joplin might have been doing something like this today. I know, that might sound weird...(but, Mrs. Merritt has been compare to so many other greats - this is no stretch)

Unique.

Cool.

A fan.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Janice & Bud,

Wow! I like the song very much! Rhythm, vocal, guitar play, cajon play, and lyrics!

BTW, the cassette operations in the lyrics as well as the picture of a cassette tape reminded me of the time when I was crazy about the cassette decks. I feel it was a long time ago. Sorry for mentioning something unrelated to the song itself.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: Tommyc
AWESOME!!!! Janice that was some Incredible Sangin!!!!! Very Nicely Mixed!!!!

Well said Tommy C!! AMAZING vocals!! Really fun idea. As great as digital is, cassettes, magnetic tape, and LPs will always hold a special place in my heart. This is really a clever and fun write, and delicious presentation of reggae blues. Peter F pretty much knocked the cover off the ball with that guitar playing. Wonderful job by all!!! Take care. Greg

Greg, it's very cool and gratifying that you like where we took this song. It went through a lot of variants before Peter came in and nailed the groove. Cassette tapes were a big part of our musical journey. Our bluegrass CD was recorded on a Tascam 8 track cassette recorder. Things have indeed changed.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: Tommyc
AWESOME!!!! Janice that was some Incredible Sangin!!!!! Very Nicely Mixed!!!!

Well said Tommy C!! AMAZING vocals!! Really fun idea. As great as digital is, cassettes, magnetic tape, and LPs will always hold a special place in my heart. This is really a clever and fun write, and delicious presentation of reggae blues. Peter F pretty much knocked the cover off the ball with that guitar playing. Wonderful job by all!!! Take care. Greg

Greg, it's very cool and gratifying that you like where we took this song. It went through a lot of variants before Peter came in and nailed the groove. Cassette tapes were a big part of our musical journey. Our bluegrass CD was recorded on a Tascam 8 track cassette recorder. Things have indeed changed.

J&B

Greg
It was a pleasure to add some guitar to the track thanks for the generous comment.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
well this surely is something else!
a very nice reggae blend with top-notch vocals and guitar.
And the videos are getting better all the time ;-)

Thanks! Appreciate you mentioning the videos but they are a LONG way from what you do with video clips. I do not have the skills or patience for that.

Glad you liked it!

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome tune. Very cool beat. Vocal and guitar work was excellent

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Well done, hats off to all! Silky and a great genre blend!

Thanks. Glad you liked it. We had an interesting adventure putting it together.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi J&B.

Hey, the track really worked out well.

Very much a reggae sound, but smooth and polished at the same time. More sophisticated than the early Jamaican sounds and beautifully complemented by Janice's cool, relaxed vocal delivery.

Some great guitar from Peter and an excellent mix just top it all off.

Loved it.

ROG.

Thanks Rog and we appreciate your input on the production.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Janice & Bud

Very nice reggae sound with bluesy guitar and very good vocal.
I agree with Rob. Nice combination of Blues and Reggae.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The lead guitar REALLY takes me back to the 1st Wailers tracks rerecorded with Island. they pulled in a great session player to add guitar licks over the top to bring the songs further into the sphere of western ears. It worked then and does with this track. Well done Peter F.
The realtrack bass isn't bad but it lacks the Sly & Robbie synch.
The song is cool given its origins and certainly slipped into reggae well enough.
Cool stuff.

Last edited by rayc; 04/29/16 01:23 AM. Reason: typo

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think Janice has a wonderful voice . . . every time I hear her there is a tension that I as a listener feel . . . let me explain:

I feel like at any moment she could go "full on" Janis Joplin which is one of my favorite female singers of all time . . .

So when I listen to the dissonance in her voice, I am on the edge of my seat waiting . . .

good song you guys did . . .

blessings!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Hello friends,
I'm listening your song to loud volume: it makes me want to dance.
Beautiful rhythm here. Great production.

Sergio

Thanks Sergio! Post a video of you dancing!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool tune.... liked the comparisons to an old cassette.

Nice things can happen when you add live instruments to the mix. Experiments sometimes yield good results, and you got that job done in this song.

Thumbs up

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really fine, love the laid back feel of this. nice video too.

Kenny

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
I nearly skipped this one. So glad I didn't. So much of the time I find reggae music to be very cliched for my taste. This is terrific and is really in you guys wheelhouse. I should have known you would put your unique touch on it. Bud, your mixes are always top notch and your production ideas really worked on this tune. PeterF's guitar is in the mix just right. Janice's vocals and percussions are spot on. Like many others, i'm going back again and again. Rewind me again, back for another listen. Enjoyed this one a lot. One of your best in my opinion.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 05/02/16 03:10 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,514
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195