Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#353615 06/12/16 07:10 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
After floyd counted his songs that were posted here, I counted mine and found much to my surprise I had 89. So here is number 90.

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/whats-it-gonna-take

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13395186

RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 1807:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveHigh Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: ~~2503:Piano, Acoustic, HeldChords 085
RealTracks in style: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~2051:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~2200:Guitar, Nylon, Background CountryBrent Ev 085
Royalty Free Loops, Multitrack Instrument and Song Files and Multitrack Drums from Drums on Demand

Vocals, Acoustic Guitars additional Bass and Keyboards, Tom Adams

What’s It Gonna Take

You really messed up my Mind Frame

now I’m feeling kinda bent

playing some kind of endgame that no one’s ever gonna win

I know you're brokedown been hurt real bad

A kind of pain that never ends

The part of this that’s really sad is what might have been

What's it gonna to take to make you happy

When you talk to me you’re always looking down

What’s it gonna take to let somebody love you

Tell me now before you shut me out

When did you plan to tell me

Or was there ever any plan at all

No more quiet conversations

Or late night conscience calls

Tell me now before you shut me out

Tell me now before you shut me out Please don't shut me out

©2016 Thomas Adams

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom,

#90 is my new favorite from you - such a great song. The chorus is just great - perfect vocal as well. Excellent...

Bob

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Another great one. Only 10 away from 100 great ones. You and Floyd are truly encouraging with your contributions.

Liked the song, lyrics, mix, performance and production.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom
Was listening and it got my wife's attention(some mean feat)and she said that's really good a cross between Cat Stevens & Jimmy Buffet ...
Anyway I really enjoyed that (as usual). Great song and performance.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, Tom.. I really like everything about this! I'm afraid if I try to analyze why, it will pop the magic bubble, so in this case I'm just going to nod "yes" and say no more... I find it to be a really stirring song though, and it reinforces my respect for your song writing genius!

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Tom,

#90 is my new favorite from you - such a great song. The chorus is just great - perfect vocal as well. Excellent...

Bob

I agree 100%.

I will add that the lyrics are some of the best that you have written.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom,

This is really, really beautiful. Everything about it is outstanding; you name it, vocals, arrangement, mix, everything. I love the way that you build the arrangement. There's such a rich and warm texture to the overall mix that gives it a thoroughly professional sound. This could so easily be on radio/tv.

The lyric journey is mesmerising. Incredible. Right from the start, I was there inside the song reliving memories of yesterday. That doesn't often happen to me. There is nothing at all that sounds contrived in these lyrics. They are a credit to your ability as a songwriter and they resonate with sincerity and believability.

Truely... this is really, really beautiful.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tommy,

what a beautiful song! Everything fits.
And your vocals and harmonies are outstanding as
always. I like the drums and percussion.
Very enjoyable listens.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tommy,

Whow!
This is simply beautiful. Indeed number 90 is your best we think.
As always great audio quality of the mix. As far as emotion and all-around harmony goes, this one kicks it up a couple of notches.
We have had some favorites of you before. But apparently you manage to keep on raising the bar!

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Wow, Tom.. I really like everything about this! I'm afraid if I try to analyze why, it will pop the magic bubble, so in this case I'm just going to nod "yes" and say no more... I find it to be a really stirring song though, and it reinforces my respect for your song writing genius!

I think Pat got it right. It is just hypnotic and beautiful!! The prosody is amazing-it's gorgeous music which has a little bit of an unsettled sound. The groove is great (RTs work perfectly) and your vocal is GREEEEAAAAAT!! AMAZING STUFF!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful, Tom. Again. (..and again, and again).

"mind frame/endgame" - nice.

Noel covered it all well - "Everything about it is outstanding; you name it, vocals, arrangement, mix, everything." The arrangement invites you in and then the words rip out your heart...

That cello is tucked in there nicely.

Your vocals just keep notching higher with every new song...

fj

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thomas,

Wow great song. A lot of great things have been said already about your song that I agree about it. The Mix and master on your song really puts a nice polish to an already great mix. Really Pro all around.

Atze

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Tom,

Bob
Thanks Bob. Glad you liked it. Tom
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Another great one. Only 10 away from 100 great ones. You and Floyd are truly encouraging with your contributions.

Liked the song, lyrics, mix, performance and production.
Charlie, Thanks for the generous review. I appreciate your words. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yep. Another nice tune.

Gordon Lightfoot vibes all over this.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom
Was listening and it got my wife's attention(some mean feat)and she said that's really good a cross between Cat Stevens & Jimmy Buffet ...
Anyway I really enjoyed that (as usual). Great song and performance.
Peter, Tell your wife thanks. I wore out Tea For The Tillerman back in the day, so I guess that is an influence. I have also frequented a few of Buffet's haunts here in Florida. Is there such a thing as osmosis through alcohol? Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Tom
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Pat, I think I should just nod and say thanks, but I have to add that the only genius here in this house is my dog. And that's only if you're holding a treat! Thanks man, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom, everything that we like about your productions is shining in full force here.

1. The beautifully simple but never mundane lyric that says more in a few words than most could say with ten times as many.

2. Your voice --as floyd mentioned. It has become a strong instrument to the point that it's hard to imagine another interpretation of the lyric.

3. The production that so many can easily take for granted...until you try to do it. You crank these out while I continue to bang my head trying to figure out how you and a very few others do it. Yep, I've got many of the same tools but it takes a LOT more than that.

We'd rather listen again than go any further trying to analyze it.

High bar production!!!

J&B

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Tom,

Bob

I agree 100%.

I will add that the lyrics are some of the best that you have written.
Mario, Thanks for commenting about the lyrics. I spend some time trying to get them where I want them. It's amazingly how 1 or 2 little changes can make such a big difference. Tom
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Tom,

This is really, really beautiful. Everything about it is outstanding; you name it, vocals, arrangement, mix, everything. I love the way that you build the arrangement. There's such a rich and warm texture to the overall mix that gives it a thoroughly professional sound. This could so easily be on radio/tv.

The lyric journey is mesmerising. Incredible. Right from the start, I was there inside the song reliving memories of yesterday. That doesn't often happen to me. There is nothing at all that sounds contrived in these lyrics. They are a credit to your ability as a songwriter and they resonate with sincerity and believability.

Truely... this is really, really beautiful.

Regards,
Noel
Noel, You seem to always go the extra mile in your reviews. Your in depth comments are greatly respected by myself and many others. Thank you for making time to share your observations. Much appreciated. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song, solid write. I love the economy and the preciseness in the writing, it's something I try to do. There's no waste here, no throw away lines, it all rings very true, it's an easy to see scene.
I think that we write alike in that we're talking about the same subjects a lot but from different persceptives (you can disagree if you want) Strong vocals, everything flows like a really good song should. I know those Drums On Demand drums sound clean and good but man I love the Nashville BIAB, use those, EQ that snare, make it pop a little louder and...just my preference

Kenny

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Tom,

Even through my ancient headphones the first few notes and I said ‘wow’ what a mix, clear crisp, you were ‘surrounded by the sound, and your vocal slap dang in the middle, telling the story in that style that fits you like a glove. To a newcomer you really are a source of inspiration.

Paddy G

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"Beautiful, Tom. Again. (..and again, and again).

"mind frame/endgame" - nice.

Noel covered it all well - "Everything about it is outstanding; you name it, vocals, arrangement, mix, everything." The arrangement invites you in and then the words rip out your heart...

That cello is tucked in there nicely.

Your vocals just keep notching higher with every new song...

fj"

What he said. In spades. Enjoyed this very much.

Regards,

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200