You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#155311 - 03/30/12 01:30 AM [User Showcase] A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hey guys this is my first tune with the new pop screen.
I think its a little better than what I have been producing sound wise any way.

Sound Cloud

All Comments welcome.

A million Sparkling Stars

Some where near the moon and mars I let her take my heart.

Just by the milky way I knew that she'd be mine.
And for all time and then some more then she,l be mine. Ooh ooh

Met her in a thunder storm lightening flashing up high.
Couldnt bare to let her just pass bye.

I asked her why and then again could she be mine.
ooh ooh

A million sparkling stars dont compare to you.
The heavens up above shine down for you.

Our loves been like a hurricane thers good and then some bad.

But then its like a summer breeze that takes away the sad.

But then I know that your the best thing I ever had.

Repeat Chorus.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: A million Sparkling Stars
File:Sparkstrs.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 165, Length (m:s)=2:07
No intro. 84 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 84. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for RealDrums Changes,
Style is _GEORGE.STY (Ctry Bal w George Fiddle (85 RS))
Style MIDI Instruments are :
RealTracks in style: ~~520:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 165
RealTracks in style: ~~407:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 165
RealTracks in style: ~~524:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 165
RealTracks in style: ~~618:Fiddle, Background Allis Ev 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^2-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

Vocals and guitar fill me

#155312 - 03/30/12 02:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Rob,

Nice, catchy song you've got happening. My fingers started tapping on the computer desk almost immediately after the intro started. The pop filters sure seems to have done it's job nicely No need to run scared of those 'p' sounds now.

In your post, you asked for comments. I hope you don't mind, and I apologize if I've over-stepped the line, but when I read your request, my "critical thinking" hat immediately flopped onto my head. As I listened, one thing that I noticed in the lyrics is that there's mixed perspective. My experience is that this usually weakens the cohesiveness of lyrics and confuses the listeners.

The first two sections ...
Quote:

Some where near the moon and mars I let her take my heart.
Just by the milky way I knew that she'd be mine.
And for all time and then some more then she,l be mine. Ooh ooh

Met her in a thunder storm lightening flashing up high.
Couldn't bare to let her just pass bye.
I asked her why and then again could she be mine.
ooh ooh

... are first person narrative. That is, a story about "I" the singer and "she", the character that the singer is telling the audience about.

Then when you get to ...
Quote:

A million sparkling stars dont compare to you.
The heavens up above shine down for you.

The lyrics' perspective changes to second person, direct address; where you are now talking directly to "you" and no longer telling a story to the audience.

In the last section, the word "Our" can mean either "she and I" or "you and I". Thus "Our" works for both perspectives.

Considering the above, I think it would help to make the song lyrically stronger if the perspective was consistent. To accomplish this, try either:

(a) replacing "her" and "she" with "you";
(b) replacing "you" with "her".

Just my thoughts. Please feel free to take or leave as you see fit.

All in all, I enjoyed listening

All the best,
Noel

#155313 - 03/30/12 03:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Noel96]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hey Noel.

Had a bit of a giggle when I read your comments.
Not that I was giggling at you but I didnt realise how complex the songs lyrics were.

I guess I could use the excuse that Im Schizophrenic.

No I dont think you over-stepped the line, so need need to apologize

Thanks for your imformative comments.

Your not a school teacher by any chance?

Regards Rob

#155314 - 03/30/12 05:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Rob,
Quote:

Your not a school teacher by any chance?

Is it that obvious!!!! I've also been to around a dozen weekend songwriting workshops by Prof. Pat Pattison (http://www.patpattison.com) who, to my mind, is one of the world's experts on lyrics. Have a look at some of the videos on his webpage and you'll see what I mean. Pat's book, Writing Better Lyrics (2nd Ed.), is one of my constants references and re-reads. I'm slowly feeling more comfortable with writing lyrics these days but I've still got a long way to go. My second favorite book of Pat's is Essential Guide to Lyric Form and Structure.

Glad I didn't step on any toes

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Like the koala.

#155315 - 03/30/12 05:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Noel96]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hey again Noel.
Checked out the web site .
Looks interesting.

Regards Rob

#155316 - 03/30/12 10:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Yea new Pop Screen IronBarkBob that should stop those Pea's dead in their tracks! Seems like you get better with every song!

#155317 - 03/31/12 12:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Tommyc]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hey Tommyc.
How you getting along?

Got a new one to put up in a couple of days.

Thanks for commenting.

Rob

#155318 - 03/31/12 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Hey Rob,

I really like the lyrics.
Sorry but my computer locks up about half the time I try to access Sound cloud, so I didn't even try to give it a listen.
But as I said the lyrics look good.

Tim

#155319 - 03/31/12 12:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Have you tried a different browser Tim?

#155320 - 03/31/12 02:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Tommyc]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Hi Tommyc,

I've tried IE and the latest version of FireFox.
Firefox was actually working pretty good with Sound Cloud for a while, then started only working about half the time.
I don't mind that, but when the computer locks and I have to do a hard reboot I start to get concerned about screwing up my computer by not shutting it down in the normal way.
Because of other browsers out there not working with speech I'm limited to using IE or fire fox.
I've sent bug reports off to Fire Fox every time it happened, so I'm hoping the next version of FF will solve the problem.
Unfortunately till then I don't feel comfortable accessing Sound cloud.

Tim

#155321 - 03/31/12 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hello Tim.

Im about to try a new site called Indaba.
Will post link when uploaded.

Sorry to hear about your pc issues.

Regards Rob

#155322 - 03/31/12 08:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hello Tim.
Here is the link to Indaba.
Hope it work regards Rob.

http://www.indabamusic.com/asset/show/1708561#

#155323 - 04/01/12 01:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Hi Rob,
This is really really good.

Two thumbs ups.

FYI – I have no problems what so ever using IE8 when listening via Sound Cloud.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#155324 - 04/01/12 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: MarioD]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hey MarioD.
Thanks for the two thumbs up.

Regards Rob

#155325 - 04/02/12 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Rob,

Two more thumbs up!

Another good one! Noel gave some good advice. The good thing about being schizophrenic is that you can do all your own background vocals!

(And I can listen to SoundCloud from any browser.)

Steve

#155326 - 04/02/12 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Hey Bob,

Thanks much for the new link. It worked.
I'm glad I got to hear this one. Like very much.
Your voice sort of reminds me of Marty Robbins, also your style as well.
Definitely a keeper.
Look forward to hearing more.

Tim

#155327 - 04/02/12 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Your a funny guy Steve you make me laugh.

The other good thing about being schizophrenic is you always have some one to talk to.

Rob

#155328 - 04/03/12 03:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: A million Sparkling Stars: With POP Screen [Re: Rob4580]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hi Tim.
Glad you where able to hear my tune.

Thanks for the comparison to Marty Robins.
Regards Rob

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

Forum Stats
28407 Members
58 Forums
55138 Topics
459185 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
markgeven, ecnal, Jurassic, Derek Deatherage, poyol247

28406 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 330
Pipeline 309